This game just showed that Tyrod is not the #1 problem

BillsFan130

I do love a guy who cuts to the chase.

I am not trying to say Tyrod is The Man, the franchise QB we've all been looking for. But to say any other drafted rookie or even many other drafted rookies would do better on our team, is flying in the face of results.

Because the bottom line is that points scored win football games, and the Bills have been reasonably successful on O by that metric.

I've said this before but this offense is basically the ground equivalent of the run and shoot.

Runs up huge yards and excellent points........doesn't fair well in poor weather or when it is forced to do ONLY the thing that it doesn't do as well.........in the run and shoot that was running the ball with the lead.......in this O it's throwing the ball when behind late.

Tyrod is very unlikely to become a franchise QB but he IS the Warren Moon of this offense.

It doesn't work nearly the same without him.

The difference between 1989 and now is that now teams that are flawed on one side of the ball win the SB almost every year.

Trying to be perfect on both sides of the ball is a pipe dream.

This O opposite a very good D would be a contender.

If you want to be a contender over the long haul you need a franchise QB but if you don't have one you still gotta' play the games.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No no its Lynn and Tyrod why the scoring is good and run game is great (Not Shady and Roman) but it is still Romans fault for the passing if thats what you call it

Your words. Not mine. I give Roman full credit for designing this run first offense. He has always been good at it and did it again this year. And Lynn gets credit for calling the plays in Roman's offense since he took over at OC. But Lynn doesn't get credit for designing it.

You expect a coach/gm to ditch the best QB on the roster. Then take a shot at a new guy - kind of like they did with EJ. Only hope that the guy is better than EJ.

Because if that new guy doesn't perform better than EJ and even Tyrod within his first year as a starter, then fans are going to be calling for the head of the guy(s) who made the decision to get rid of an average QB in place of a worse QB.

I don't see that happening. The GM would be setting himself up for failure and dismissal in all likelihood unless the Bills miraculously hit the jackpot with the rookie.

If you want to have a job as a GM of a team, you don't do what you are suggesting they do.

My point being the only way this dumb organization addresses QB is if they need one.

History has shown that. So seeing inwant a better QB with the way the Bills run things creating that hole is the only way to do it

I've said this before but this offense is basically the ground equivalent of the run and shoot.

Runs up huge yards and excellent points........doesn't fair well in poor weather or when it is forced to do ONLY the thing that it doesn't do as well.........in the run and shoot that was running the ball with the lead.......in this O it's throwing the ball when behind late.

Tyrod is very unlikely to become a franchise QB but he IS the Warren Moon of this offense.

The difference between 1989 and now is that now teams that are flawed on one side of the ball win the SB almost every year.

If you want to be a contender over the long haul you need a franchise QB but if you don't have one you still gotta' play the games.

Interesting take

Cant say I disagree with any of it

I also wonder how many playoff teams actually allow a situation with 10 guys on the field like that long Ajay run on Saturday that ended up finally killing us....the scheme doesnt fit.....but its also about horrible on field communication and mistakes like that which are inexcusable

This HC and his defensive staff need to be jettisoned at the earliest opportunity

Your words. Not mine. I give Roman full credit for designing this run first offense. He has always been good at it and did it again this year. And Lynn gets credit for calling the plays in Roman's offense since he took over at OC. But Lynn doesn't get credit for designing it.

To me it looks like Lynn has "tweaked" the offense.....

More use of TE (not nearly enough but a lot more lately)

Upback carries for Felton (I am a big fan of that when you need short yardage first downs)

I like the wildcat because overall it is productive with this offensive group

but even Lynn has stated that without an offseason it is difficult to implement HIS offense......he has done a overall very good job with it....not just with run game but point production overall

Interesting take

Cant say I disagree with any of it

I also wonder how many playoff teams actually allow a situation with 10 guys on the field like that long Ajay run on Saturday that ended up finally killing us....the scheme doesnt fit.....but its also about horrible on field communication and mistakes like that which are inexcusable

This HC and his defensive staff need to be jettisoned at the earliest opportunity

Upback carries for Felton (I am a big fan of that when you need short yardage first downs)

but even Lynn has stated that without an offseason it is difficult to implement HIS offense......he has done a overall very good job with it....not just with run game but point production overall

Ok cool whats the guarantee his Offense keeps or improves current production.

Perhaps.

I do find it interesting that Sammy calls the scheme out for not putting enough emphasis on passing. And then the Bills have a big passing game a week later.

I wish we had that game earlier in the season, even though it was a loss, and then built off of that instead of the stinkers we had early on. Who knows what this offense would have ultimately looked like if Sammy had been healthy all year. Maybe it would have been truly dominant. But that is probably just wishful thinking.

Perhaps.

I do find it interesting that Sammy calls the scheme out for not putting enough emphasis on passing. And then the Bills have a big passing game a week later.

I wish we had that game earlier in the season, even though it was a loss, and then built off of that instead of the stinkers we had early on. Who knows what this offense would have ultimately looked like if Sammy had been healthy all year. Maybe it would have been truly dominant. But that is probably just wishful thinking.

Sammy has to be vocal otherwise this coaching staff sticks in their 1970s 3 yards and a cloud of dust mindset.

Same thing happened last year as well.

Again this Organization is VERY concerned with their outside perception.

Sammy has to be vocal otherwise this coaching staff sticks in their 1970s 3 yards and a cloud of dust mindset.

Same thing happened last year as well.

Again this Organization is VERY concerned with their outside perception.

Except this offense is not a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense....that was Marrone

Huge plays in the running game

Except this offense is not a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense....that was Marrone

Huge plays in the running game

And still .500 at the end of the day.

Hmmm Marrone and his Run Run Pass Punt offense still is better at the end of the day eith 9 wins

And they are the same actually.

Fred Jackson <<<< Shady McCoy just saying

Edited by MAJBobby

The Polish guy calling me dumb. That's cute.

Hey, dumbaski, if you're happy with a QB who is in the bottom third of every important stat, then good for you. I want better.

And as far as your logic for why he's the most sacked? You're probably even more stupid than Tyrod Taylor is.

Love ya, though!

Too Funny... Should it not be clear to anyone on why you would crusade against the QB 24x7 this comment should have removed all doubts.

Edited by jms62

Too Funny... Should it not be clear to anyone on why you would crusade against the QB 24x7 this comment should have removed all doubts.

Did anyone else think Tyrod took deeper drops on Saturday? It seemed like it to me. .Maybe that his the ticket for him to see more of the field including the middle.

If it is Only took 6 years to figure that little easy fix out. Awesome

If it is Only took 6 years to figure that little easy fix out. Awesome

So it wasn't a figment of my imagination... If so and you seem to agree that it is the fix then how the hell do you pound the drum for breaking up such a prolific offense. Maybe the coaching staff also woke up and realized PASSING YARDS is absolutely related to passing attempts... Only hope so,

So it wasn't a figment of my imagination... If so and you seem to agree that it is the fix then how the hell do you pound the drum for breaking up such a prolific offense. Maybe the coaching staff also woke up and realized PASSING YARDS is absolutely related to passing attempts... Only hope so,

Beause unlike alot I dont equate the QB as the reason this is a good offense that is Shady.

So if i am better at the QB position this is even a better offense that is NEVER out of a game (See Raiders)

Yes, it's as simple as your last two sentences.

Ok cool whats the guarantee his Offense keeps or improves current production.

1) It's relatively scheme proof. ANY defense would be hard pressed to defend throws to a playmaking WR like Watkins 30-50 yards downfield.......AND assign a spy to the league's most mobile QB......AND take away the underneath sideline throws.....AND extinguish an active blocking ground game all at the same time. The exception is what we saw vs. Pittsburgh. When your running game is slow developing and requires quick change of direction then you are susceptible on a slippery field.

2) It's a such an unusual group and scheme combo that teams aren't going to build to defend against it in the offseason and aren't likely to have enough time to scheme for it on a week-to-week basis.

3) If anything there is room to grow. We saw improvement on certain throws from Tyrod over the past two weeks. His ceiling might not be much higher but we've seen the missed opportunities and he's proven over the last two years that you can't take everything away from him even when he has a lack of targets or is missing some throws.

For reference I compare what Tyrod can do in this offense to what Daunte Culpepper and Randall Cunningham did in Minnesota when they had the great wideouts. It's a little different but the formula is very similar.

You don't need to be a franchise QB to put up points. I believe at one point the Randall Cunningham offense in Minnesota was the highest scoring in NFL history and maybe only the Patriots have since surpassed that well over 500 point season they put up in that season in the late 90's when they lost the NFC championship to the Falcons.

Not really

I realize that you want to throw this all on the QB

That of the matter is....one side did their job...the other did not...the majority of the time

No actually i put it where it belongs ON BOTH units.

Just people want to keep one and overhaul the other

1) It's relatively scheme proof. ANY defense would be hard pressed to defend throws to a playmaking WR like Watkins 30-50 yards downfield.......AND assign a spy to the league's most mobile QB......AND take away the underneath sideline throws.....AND extinguish an active blocking ground game all at the same time. The exception is what we saw vs. Pittsburgh. When your running game is slow developing and requires quick change of direction then you are susceptible on a slippery field.

2) It's a such an unusual group and scheme combo that teams aren't going to build to defend against it in the offseason and aren't likely to have enough time to scheme for it on a week-to-week basis.

3) If anything there is room to grow. We saw improvement on certain throws from Tyrod over the past two weeks. His ceiling might not be much higher but we've seen the missed opportunities and he's proven over the last two years that you can't take everything away from him even when he has a lack of targets or is missing some throws.

For reference I compare what Tyrod can do in this offense to what Daunte Culpepper and Randall Cunningham did in Minnesota when they had the great wideouts. It's a little different but the formula is very similar.

You don't need to be a franchise QB to put up points. I believe at one point the Randall Cunningham offense in Minnesota was the highest scoring in NFL history and maybe only the Patriots have since surpassed that well over 500 point season they put up in that season in the late 90's when they lost the NFC championship to the Falcons.

Nah just a QB to win when needed.

TT this year had that chance twice (easily pointed to) and failed