It's been a while since a nice shag from the refs

Didn't get to see the game, but after reading this thread, I'm glad I didn't. Sounds like just another case of the Bills getting screwed, and the NFL refs showing their inconsistent and/or incompetent calls (on Pass Interference calls). The latter, and the same inconsistency/buffoonery on holding calls have left me not really caring about the NFL for years.

Maybe their TV ratings are down because more & more people are feeling like me, and thinking that the league....especially the officiating.....is a total joke.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was strange to me was that after watching football for so many years, I'm 49, that call is ALWAYS made. Both of them, when the db doesn't turn around to play the ball and makes contact with the wr? It's ALWAYS pi, except today.

ALWAYS. It will cost Rex his job imo. Win today and a blowout win vs sorry ass Jets would have made it hard to fire him. Jmo.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Those 2 missed calls were atrocious as was attempting to kick a 46 yd fg on 4th and 3, doing an end around to a guy that handnt played all game, having 10 guys on the field on the 57 yd run in OT and playing off the receivers in the last minute of the game. Where's this vaunted Rex d and our STs may be the worst in the league.

ALWAYS. It will cost Rex his job imo. Win today and a blowout win vs sorry ass Jets would have made it hard to fire him. Jmo.

Always, except for today - so we get what we get. Was it a blessing? Time will tell.....

This was not a shag by the refs. Yep, they missed a flagrant PI in the end zone, but if your defense gives up their THIRD 200 yard rushing game to one RB, you've got no complaints against the refs.

well to be fair, they may have given up 3 200 yard games to a single back, but it was only to 2 different people..........

There were many questionable calls, like usual. I'm still lost on the attempt where White was standing there a good 10-15 seconds before the snap signaling for a timeout and nothing before Rex called it too late. Don't most coaches tell the ref beforehand that they will be Calli g at timeout at 1 second d left on the clock? And are timeouts only allowed to be called by certain players on the field?

One I am wondering is why they didn't grant White the time-out at the end of regulation, pre-snap. He clearly was calling time-out at that point, but the broadcast focused on Rex being late.

I've seen this asked several times. But I have yet to see an answer.

What was strange to me was that after watching football for so many years, I'm 49, that call is ALWAYS made. Both of them, when the db doesn't turn around to play the ball and makes contact with the wr? It's ALWAYS pi, except today.

Same age, and same opinion. Yes, the defense is the real reason we lost, but two correct calls and the offense wins us this game in regulation. I also believe 75-80% of refs would have called hit to the head on TT, even though he hit his chest plate, and his head popped up. Do you think Brady, Manning before he retired, or Rodgers wouldn't have received that 15 yard penalty. Cam Newton is right that some QB's get more favorable treatment.

Ah the yearly 'but injuries and refs' excuse.

Why can people not seperate the fact that the refs screwed us, and most likely cost us the game, from other mistakes that were self inflicted?

So, I guess if you make any other mistake, you're not allowed to mention the atrocious missed calls?

Typica refs. It's almost a given that we get the short end of the referee stick. The PI on clay was blatant and obvious.

Players are allowed to call timeouts.....why was Corey white not allowed to call one?

no one seems to have that answer because many have asked the same thing and no response. I was expecting someone to say only certain players can call a time out, like QB on offence or a certain defensive player. The game footage clearly shows white calling time out well before the ball was snapped. Everyone focused on Rex making the call late