The "Vote on firing Rex" poll

8-8 Forever?

The

Vote on firing Rex

poll is 60/40 keep him with nearly 300 votes. With the general tone on this board being negative, that means it's probably 2 to 1 keep him, despite the 7-7 record and no playoffs. I argue that when push comes to shove, 2 out of 3 fans simply do not want to see a complete restart again. What do you think the reason is? I don't know how many posters are on TBD, but 300 is a significant number of votes.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A small amount of folks like Rex.

A fair amount can't stomach another rebuild.

Another section of fans wants the whole thing fixed and are not going to be happy with Rex taking the fall for the dysfunction at OBD.

60 percent sounds about right. How much would that change if Brandon and Whaley were to be fired with Rex? That would change me to a yes.

Edited by Commonsense

Another section of fans wants the whole thing fixed and are not going to be happy with Rex taking the fall for the dysfunction at OBD.

60 percent sounds about right. How much would that change if Brandon and Whaley were to be fired with Rex? That would change me to a yes.

You forget the sad sacks who think Rex is the best coach we could ever get.

With the general tone on this board being negative

This essentially is your answer.

The Rex Haters are crusaders and post more ofter on this subject. It is like sports radio where the negative Nancies rule the day and call in.

Here, the Rex Haters seem to post most often and are allowed to start multiple threads on the subject. Unlike other subjects, the mods do not seem to mind multiple threads when it comes to the Rex Haters.

I even jokingly have posted in some of these threads:

[This is an automated response by Peter]

The Rex bashing by the Rex Haters is currently being discussed or already has been discussed in multiple other threads.

Please consider the irony of the usual blow hard suspects complaining that Rex is a blow hard.

Please also consider using the "search" function -- or better yet "discretion" before going on and on and on and on about how much you do not like Rex.

Thank you

Edited by Peter

60% for Rex is astounding considering the vitriol spewed on this board (mainly thought out and somewhat justified, I might add) on a regular basis. 60%! That's a mandate as I believe it would be higher than that if casual fans were added to the poll, and higher still if the vote was to utterly blow the whole thing up from the top down (the "Cleveland" approach). This poll should be done after each of the last two games from scratch, and should be Rex yes or no and whole organization yes or no and see what we get. What people say is not necessarily what they would do if put in the drivers seat.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

I think some people are just more vocal and post their opinions more frequently and strongly than others.

but the most vocal tend to be the dissatisfied, the content are generally less vocal... meaning 3 out of 5 of posters (the vocal, passionate ones, or why would they have a username) and therefore likely nearly 2 out of 3 in general want Rex (and by extension the FO, bc you can't change the FO without the new FO putting their own coaching staff in as well) to stay despite no playoffs. Hard to argue with this logic.

Personally, I would go with A Lynn as HC bc (A) he played the game and sees what players see (Rex doesn't realize his D is too hard to execute without complete D health) (B) for continuity (new CBA severely punishes complete scheme change outs due to lack of practice time) and to get a new A Lynn offensive plan built on top of current scheme (ie bigger pass game than the Roman run heavy playbook he's been stuck with), © to get a less complex D that can be implemented/understood quickly and that a FA/injury driven revolving door of talent can execute and (D) we'll see, but with Rex they went 8-8 or 9-7 with a tougher than average schedule, so they are closer than most think.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

The bills went 9-7 in 2014

The bills took a step back to 8-8 in 2015,Rex's first season

A 7-9 or 7-8-1 season in 2016 would represent a further step back and should result in Rex's termination

8-8 would represent stagnation rather than improvement. Ownership should meet with Rex to discuss what changes will be made to improve. If ownership is not satisfied with Rex's vision, he should be replaced

8-7-1 or 9-7 represents improvement and buys one more season to make the playoffs. Failure to launch in 2017 should result in termination

The hatemongers are much more vocal. The logical thinkers are taking in to consideration that:

1) This was an injury depleted team at key positions. They did good just to make it to 7-7 and still in playoff contention even though they have a snowballs chance in a hot oven of making it. 9-7 is still possible.
2) The team has a very good chance of making the playoffs next year so why change coaches now? Give him the third year.

3) Rex never did have much to work with at the QB position with the Jets or here. That can be fixed in year 3

4) Sometimes a coaching change too soon isn't always a good thing

5) We have a very promising OC on the staff who deserves a chance to run HIS offense HIS way. He did a very admirable job working with Greg Roman's playbook for a guy not expecting to be replacing him in week 3.

If they go 9-7, he'll be back for year 3 but he has to do much better with the defense. Either let Dennis Thurman run HIS defense HIS way or let him go (but DON'T make Rob the DC). It's his job to run the unit, let him do it all the way!

I give Rex 1 more season , one more draft and hope key players stay healthy.

The coaches should know by now how complex a D they can handle.

so we can waste another draft on clemson guys and defense that can't handle his complexity which to me looks like a chinese fire drill getting players off and on field. many snaps we have 10 guys on field and if we have 11 the guy is running on while ball is almost snapped

I was taught that you don't quit a job until you find a new one.

I'm fed up with the defense not being able to get off of the field when it's 3rd and long, supposedly his specialty. He'll still get his $.

That being said, who would replace him? Coughlin? Schwartz?

I would say we shouldn't fire Rex until we have a new coach lined up.

Edited by NorthBuffaloKid

wait till miami wins tomorrow. the clamor for his head will reverberate on this site

One thing that I am pretty sure about is that the Rex Haters will be rooting for Miami (and the Jets next week).

Merry Christmas Bills fans.

I love that if you think a coach who hasn't had a winning season since his first 2 years might not be a good coach, you are a hater. The only area under Rex this team has improved on is running game (and I do believe we led the NFL in rushing under Doug).

I argued for keeping Gailey and Jauron for another year. That was a mistake. So would be keeping Rex. We're the dude who stays with a girl who cheats on him all the time and hope she will finally change. But she keeps doing and we just don't think we can do better.

I want Rex to be a good coach. The overwhelming data shows he's not. He's a louder Dick Jauron.