Trump foreign policy

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They're one of multiple parties who'd like to see that. Which is the point being made about hostages. 

All deployments are not equal. Not everyone of those troops are combat troops, or even ground troops, or in any way close to harm's way as the 50+ who were pulled out were. Surely that makes a difference, no? 

As an example: 32 special forces soldiers at a remote FOB in Afghanistan is not the same as 800 airmen and crew stationed in a highly defended and secure airfield near Riyadh or in the UAE. 

That's true all I'm saying here is that there are plenty of other "hostages" for those other active entities in the region to take of advantage of.

On another note, did I just witness a former employee of the Executive branch complain that she was fired at the request of the head of the Executive branch, under whose sole discretion she served?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GG said:

On another note, did I just witness a former employee of the Executive branch complain that she was fired at the request of the head of the Executive branch, under whose sole discretion she served?

I guess that Never Trump Union didn't doshit for her, did it?

42 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

We don't need to manufacture a reason for us to go to war with Iran, if that's what we wanted to do. Trump is going to use economic punishment instead of smart bombs to influence other countries to our will. We can now do this as an alternative to war since we have the military might to back it up and energy resources to point our middle finger at whoever we want. Isn't it nice to not have our military personnel dying for oil?

this is the essence of our presence in the Middle East. the presence behind the curtain plays both sides according to whichever, at the moment, benefits the Petro dollar. it is quite possible that the conflict in Syria boiled down to a pipeline.

Wait I got a few for this one.

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And who are they?

Hmmm not sure maybe I should defer to you are these the good Kurds or the bad Kurds?

And who are they?

Clearly terrorists I think the one in the bottom right is even wearing camo.

And who are they?

Bomb aficionados this has actually been a thrilling experience for them.

And who are they?

Human beings.

Edited by Warcodered

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Okay "grown up person" what about who these people are makes it okay for this to be happening to them?

Do you believe it's the United States' job/mandate/mission to protect every single civilian in the world at all times?

Or do other countries have to take responsibility for waging war and the collateral damage it causes? 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Do you believe it's the United States' job/mandate/mission to protect every single civilian in the world at all times?

Or do other countries have to take responsibility for waging war and the collateral damage it causes? 

No, he just supports terrorism.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

And there’s the rub.

No one thinks regional squabbles are a great thing for the people who live in those regions.

However *these are sovereign nations we should not be occupying and dictating to*.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Do you believe we have no responsibility for consequences of our own actions?

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, he just supports terrorism.

Hmm how to respond oh I know.

37 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Holy Jesus, you're a ***** child.