Trump foreign policy

26 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Man.

I sure will give you your undying devotion to Trump.

Have fun with that. You clearly don't see the inherent problem here. This wasn't a binary choice and, for some ungodly reason, that's what you're making it out to be.

The problem here is the establishment left has no principles, which allows them to push ignorance and emotion over reality and reason.

They were against permawar, now they're for it.

They spent decades railing against the neocon establishment and their policies only to embrace them with open arms. 

TDS is a degenerative disease. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The problem here is the establishment left has no principles, which allows them to push ignorance and emotion over reality and reason.

They spent decades railing against the neocon establishment and their policies only to embrace them with open arms. 

I've become more and more concerned with a terrible epidemic of BHHR spreading through the country.

Seriously this whole people were against war now they're for it stick is embarrassingly stupid. I mean I didn't think we should of gone to Iraq but once we were there I also didn't think we just suddenly pull out and go "Eh, I'm sure they'll figure it out." Actions have consequences you can't just go into someone's house wreck the place and leave adults have to act responsibly.

10 hours ago, DC Tom said:

1) It wasn't made quickly.

2) Which Kurds?  The KPP, PKSK, DPAK, RIK, HK, PZK, HEP, HADEP, HEPKAR, PYD, YPS, TKP/ML, or any of the other 70+ Kurdish organizations in the region?

1) It wasn't, really? cause it definitely feels like it was suddenly announced one day carried out in the following days and oh hey they're already getting bombed.

2) Yes this is a super important point... no wait I mixed that up with completely ***** meaningless. I mean which specific groups of Kurds were helping us that we screwed over doesn't really seem to matter when we screwed them all over let's just assume they're in there somewhere.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/9/2019 at 10:47 PM, Gary Busey said:

You buy Trump hook, line, and sinker - you've devoted the last 3 years of your life to spreading his propaganda

You've spent the last three years throwing a temper tantrum like a little child just because your team lost. Grow up!

Turkey is simply trying to stem the tide of refugees coming across its southern border from the sh$&hole country of Syria. Sound familiar? They want to push them back into Syria. They are not trying to take over Syria or eliminate the Kurds, who live in northern Syria. The ignorance on here is breathtaking!

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Turkey is simply trying to stem the tide of refugees coming across its southern border from the sh$&hole country of Syria. Sound familiar? They want to push them back into Syria. They are not trying to take over Syria or eliminate the Kurds, who live in northern Syria. The ignorance on here is breathtaking!

A major difference is that the Kurds were guarding 12,000 ISIS prisoners. Turkey is trying to displace  the Kurds in northern Syria.

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Man.

I sure will give you your undying devotion to Trump.

Have fun with that. You clearly don't see the inherent problem here. This wasn't a binary choice and, for some ungodly reason, that's what you're making it out to be.

You’re making an argument in favor of “a little bit pregnant”.

You’re either with child, or you aren’t.

You’re either an occupying force, or you aren’t.

You’re either the world’s police force, or you aren’t.

Wether you’re capable of honestly assessing your position or not, your argument is that America should use it’s military to impose our will on other nations in their own disputes against each other, or their own internal squabbles.  It is an argument for soft empire, and for vassal states.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Again, you're making what happened early this week a binary choice.

It wasn't.

There were much better and more diplomatic ways to do this than taking the rug out from our Kurdish allies and abandoning them.

Whatever else your argument might be, are you disagreeing that the Kurds had prior knowledge it would happen this week?

The Kurdish civilians should have been given enough advance warning to leave their homeland before Turkey invaded, thanks Trump.

"President Trump and President Erdogan have reached an understanding over precisely what this operation is," Gulnur Aybet said from Ankara on Wednesday. "He knows what the scope of this operation is."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/09/politics/turkey-syria-us-anger-ramifications/index.html

Edited by ALF

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

1) It wasn't really cause it definitely feels like it was suddenly announced one day carried out in the following days and oh hey they're already getting bombed.

2) Yes this is a super important point... no wait I mixed that up with completely ***** meaningless. I mean which specific groups of Kurds were helping us that we screwed over doesn't really seem to matter when we screwed them all over let's just assume they're in there somewhere.

1) You think Turkey put that assault together in 24 hours?  That's not how the world works.  Your idiotic whiny-ass statement demonstrates my point rather than contradicts it: the Turks had at least a month's foreknowledge.

2) it's meaningless that at least three of those groups I mentioned are designated by NATO and the State Department as terrorist organizations?

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You’re making an argument in favor of “a little bit pregnant”.

You’re either with child, or you aren’t.

You’re either an occupying force, or you aren’t.

You’re either the world’s police force, or you aren’t.

Wether you’re capable of honestly assessing your position or not, your argument is that America should use it’s military to impose our will on other nations in their own disputes against each other, or their own internal squabbles.  It is an argument for soft empire, and for vassal states.

This completely ignores the complexities of this situation and all geopolitical situations, for that matter.

You assess the world and your relation and reaction to it on a case by case basis, always. You let your guiding principles guide, but not dictate your actions.

Your pregnancy analogy is really, really stupid as it's completely irrelevant.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ALF said:

The Kurdish civilians should have been given enough advance warning to leave their homeland before Turkey invaded, thanks Trump.

"President Trump and President Erdogan have reached an understanding over precisely what this operation is," Gulnur Aybet said from Ankara on Wednesday. "He knows what the scope of this operation is."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/09/politics/turkey-syria-us-anger-ramifications/index.html

But if they moved the civilians too early that might have tipped the Turks off that the Kurds were ready and prepared.

You know, since they’ve been preparing for months and all.

No. It’s much better to not tell the civilians and let as many of them die as possible by not giving them an advanced warning to flee.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Capco said:

But if they moved the civilians too early that might have tipped the Turks off that the Kurds were ready and prepared.

You know, since they’ve been preparing for months and all.

No. It’s much better to not tell the civilians and let as many of them die as possible by not giving them an advanced warning to flee.

It's pretty incredible that some of our friends over here actually feel this way.

Just sad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

1) You think Turkey put that assault together in 24 hours?  That's not how the world works.  Your idiotic whiny-ass statement demonstrates my point rather than contradicts it: the Turks had at least a month's foreknowledge.

2) it's meaningless that at least three of those groups I mentioned are designated by NATO and the State Department as terrorist organizations?

1)Well as long as the ones attacking our Allies had a heads up I guess we're good.

2) ...yes. I mean I don't know if you know this but members of ISIS are in that region too so I guess it's okay if they just bomb the crap out of it I mean It's not like they can accidentally hit us anymore. Sure a bunch of civilians are being displaced and some have already died but hey they ain't us right.

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's pretty incredible that some of our friends over here actually feel this way.

Just sad.

It's a classic case of getting so mired in the details that the simple and obvious get overlooked because you can't see the forest for the trees.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

1) It wasn't, really? cause it definitely feels like it was suddenly announced one day carried out in the following days and oh hey they're already getting bombed.

The media is lying to you. Manipulating you. This has been in the works for MONTHS if not over a year. I know for a fact people on the ground have been planning and preparing for this (with the Kurds fully aware) since at least March. 

Stop taking the words of proven liars an manipulators who do not care about keeping you informed, they only care about appeasing their cash cows within the MiC. 

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

1)Well as long as the ones attacking our Allies had a heads up I guess we're good.

See above. 

44 also put us into an alliance w AQ in Syria. Do we now owe AQ our undying loyalty too? Honest question. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The media is lying to you. Manipulating you. This has been in the works for MONTHS if not over a year. I know for a fact people on the ground have been planning and preparing for this (with the Kurds fully aware) since at least March. 

Stop taking the words of proven liars an manipulators who do not care about keeping you informed, they only care about appeasing their cash cows within the MiC. 

So no one then.

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This completely ignores the complexities of this situation and all geopolitical situations, for that matter.

You assess the world and your relation and reaction to it on a case by case basis, always. You let your guiding principles guide, but not dictate your actions.

Your pregnancy analogy is really, really stupid as it's completely irrelevant.

Horseshit.

You're advocating for an interventionist military as foreign policy doctrine.  That’s the reality.

Real American lives being placed in harms way, at the cost of American treasure, to settle regional disputes and impose American diplomatic norms on counties in another hemisphere.

That’s empire.

That’s vassalism. 

Cry foul about the pregnancy analogy all you want, but I’m disallowing your mental gymnastics.  You want to engage in a special pleading fallacy to justify anti-Trump interventionism as moral, because “reasons”.

It’s a ridiculous and logically inconsistent position to take.

Just admit you're a neo-Cheneyite, perpetual war, boots on the ground imperialist.  You’re pregnant.