Trump foreign policy

54 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He's an ass but boy do we love how he's set all of your hair on fire.  That's truly what we love about him.  

Yes, it's a hoot how he undermines the constitution, breaks the law, invites foreign interference in our elections and lies constantly. 

That's really something for a group of people that pretend to be patriotic to laugh about. Shame, shame, shame! 

• Like (+1) 1

Reminder: Turkish ground forces still have not recovered from this disaster last winter:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/04/world/middleeast/turkey-afrin-syria.html

(some prop footage)

Additional reminder: almost universally, every talking head on cable news and writing op-eds have been spectacularly wrong nearly every time on any issue regarding our foreign policy/regime change/perma war policies. Every time. Not just under 45, but also under 44, 43, 42 -- not just neocons, but neoliberals as well.

But this time, despite ignoring the realities on the ground for the past three years in favor of "RUSSIA!", they got it right? 

Nope. 

Expect LOTS of disinformation over the next several weeks about casualty counts.

This has been in the works for a number of months, and a crucial part of that preparation has been the strengthening of local allies in the region to handle their security.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Reminder: Turkish ground forces still have not recovered from this disaster last winter:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/04/world/middleeast/turkey-afrin-syria.html

(some prop footage)

Additional reminder: almost universally, every talking head on cable news and writing op-eds have been spectacularly wrong nearly every time on any issue regarding our foreign policy/regime change/perma war policies. Every time. Not just under 45, but also under 44, 43, 42 -- not just neocons, but neoliberals as well.

But this time, despite ignoring the realities on the ground for the past three years in favor of "RUSSIA!", they got it right? 

Nope. 

Expect LOTS of disinformation over the next several weeks about casualty counts.

This has been in the works for a number of months, and a crucial part of that preparation has been the strengthening of local allies in the region to handle their security.

Yeah...the Turks could not have moved as soon as they did without forewarning.  Which means this was planned, probably starting a minimum of four weeks ago.  The media's been caught flat-footed, but are so out of touch with reality that they can't begin to understand that them not knowing doesn't mean it wasn't planned.

Have to go back and look at the news from late summer, to see which US officials were visiting Turkey.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, it's a hoot how he undermines the constitution, breaks the law, invites foreign interference in our elections and lies constantly. 

That's really something for a group of people that pretend to be patriotic to laugh about. Shame, shame, shame! 

Go away. 

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

War? Where did you say that?  Ummm in your fifth line of this post I'm quoting.   (EDIT)  Whoops the sixth line.  Missed your very deep and thought provoking first line.  

And regarding the bold above. I guess you don't realize we don't blindly follow every step "Agent Orange"  (good one) takes.   As a matter of fact us on the right (noticed I didn't call us "Trump Folks") are his biggest critiques.  He's an ass but boy do we love how he's set all of your hair on fire.  That's truly what we love about him.  

I see your misunderstanding.

What I'm suggesting is that Trump is a jackass who just allowed Turkey to declare war on neighboring Syria because we opened the door for them to do that.

And regarding your 2nd paragraph... those of you on the right are Trump's biggest critics?

Oh man... thanks for that... didn't have my good laugh today, yet. :lol:

4 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, our country is not directly responsible.  Directly responsible would be the people who took the positive action.

Read my very next post please

Follow up question:  should the United States be the police force of the world?  Because that’s the alternative.  It’s amazing how fast liberals became neo-cons in their zeal to oppose this President. 

That's not the only alternative, but this is largely what the United States has been through the last century.

I get that there's this desperate attempt to turn inward because of big bad globalization, but abandoning a force like the Kurds that the US largely trained and who were massively responsible for (as Donald Trump would claim we have) "defeating ISIS" is misguided, short-sighted, and goes against American values of protecting our allies.

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What I'm suggesting is that Trump is a jackass who just allowed Turkey to declare war on neighboring Syria because we opened the door for them to do that.

Might I suggest you know nothing about local politics in Syria. It’s so easy for Americans to play judge and jury on people and nations on the other side of the planet. Turkey hasn’t declared war on anyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Might I suggest you know nothing about local politics in Syria. It’s so easy for Americans to play judge and jury on people and nations on the other side of the planet. Turkey hasn’t declared war on anyone. 

It's not just the US

And read what I wrote. I didn't say they've declared formal war... but does it matter?

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is false, and a very shallow understanding of the geopolitical realities on the ground.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I get that there's this desperate attempt to turn inward because of big bad globalization, but abandoning a force like the Kurds that the US largely trained and who were massively responsible for (as Donald Trump would claim we have) "defeating ISIS" is misguided, short-sighted, and goes against American values of protecting our allies.

More falsehoods. No one was abandoned. 

We spent years training, arming, and preparing for precisely this reality. You're being misled, by the same people who swore there was WMD in Iraq, that the US Gov't wasn't illegally spying on its citizens, and that Trump and Russia worked together to steal an election. These people you're putting stock into have yet to be correct about a major US foreign policy decision in the past two decades... 

But this one they got right? 

Nope. 

Stop falling for their nonsense. They think you're stupid and you keep proving them correct.

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Read my very next post please

That's not the only alternative, but this is largely what the United States has been through the last century.

The Kurds are not being abandoned.  They have been trained and supplied for several years now with the purpose being self-sustainability.  The alternative is, whether you care to admit it or not, a permanent American military presence in areas of the world which don’t behave the way Americans want them to.  A denial of the sovereignty of nations.  A declaration that all other states are simply vassals.

As to globalism?  Globalism is inevitable.  Technology integrates all economies and allows all peoples to interact, should governments not interfere in that communication.  But globalism doesn’t need to mean a loss of sovereignty. 

Just as I abhor the idea of forcing other nations into vassal status with our occupation; I also abhor the idea of subjecting America to international laws, surrendering our own sovereignty to the collective will of nations whose interests may not be our own.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Nope I'm just surprised he didn't bring up their alarming like of assistance during the Revolution.

Yes, the lack of effort by the Kurds to help us take British airports during the campaign season of 1780 was quite disturbing.

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Yes, the lack of effort by the Kurds to help us take British airports during the campaign season of 1780 was quite disturbing.

The little known composition of the Kurds who joined forces with Francis Marion, also known as the Swamp Fox made life miserable for general Cornwallis, taking his dogs in the process.

• Haha (+1) 1

The Kurds are not being abandoned.  They have been trained and supplied for several years now with the purpose being self-sustainability.  The alternative is, whether you care to admit it or not, a permanent American military presence in areas of the world which don’t behave the way Americans want them to.  A denial of the sovereignty of nations.  A declaration that all other states are simply vassals.

I'm not making a case for us staying but it seems that the decision to withdraw was made quickly and without much if any warning to the Kurds.  If we trained and supplied them wouldn't it be best to let them know our intentions well in advance so they could adjust and prepare as needed?  Did we just leave them to be blindsided?  Don't know.

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I'm not making a case for us staying but it seems that the decision to withdraw was made quickly and without much if any warning to the Kurds.  If we trained and supplied them wouldn't it be best to let them know our intentions well in advance so they could adjust and prepare as needed?  Did we just leave them to be blindsided?  Don't know.

1) It wasn't made quickly.

2) Which Kurds?  The KPP, PKSK, DPAK, RIK, HK, PZK, HEP, HADEP, HEPKAR, PYD, YPS, TKP/ML, or any of the other 70+ Kurdish organizations in the region?

• Like (+1) 1

As to globalism?  Globalism is inevitable.  Technology integrates all economies and allows all peoples to interact, should governments not interfere in that communication.  But globalism doesn’t need to mean a loss of sovereignty. 

Just as I abhor the idea of forcing other nations into vassal status with our occupation; I also abhor the idea of subjecting America to international laws, surrendering our own sovereignty to the collective will of nations whose interests may not be our own.

Man.

I sure will give you your undying devotion to Trump.

Have fun with that. You clearly don't see the inherent problem here. This wasn't a binary choice and, for some ungodly reason, that's what you're making it out to be.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

THE BETRAYAL OF THE KURDS, A PLAY IN 73 ACTS:

Trump’s Betrayal of the Kurds May Be the Dumbest Move of His Presidency.

Obama Betrays The Kurds.

Bush Betrays The Kurds.

[Bill Clinton’s] US abandoned us, say Kurds.

A People Betrayed: Twice Before, Washington Let Kurds Die to Promote Foreign Policy Designs. Now It’s The [George H.W.] Bush Administration Doing The Deed.

I surprised that I could post this...................................I am still shaking with laughter at Transplant's hilariously stupid reply ,

claiming DC Tom's response is due to his "undying devotion to Trump"

Just beyond ignorance...................gator-like almost.

?

Edited by B-Man