Just Moved From Boston - Explain This To Me!

Flip Johnson

Why did Doug Marrone only go 15-17 with Bills? What were his excuses because I'm sure you would be happy with him as coach????

What were Carrolls excuses for not making playoffs first two years with Seattle?????

What was Patriots excuse for getting shutout by Bills-bad QB?

What was Vikings excuse for getting blown out by colts with playoffs on the line???? Is Zimmer a terrible coach??

What's Hue Jackson's excuse for going 0-14?

What's Jim Schwartz's excuse for being bad head coach or for losing to 2-12 Raiders?

You want a head coach that has accomplished nothing like Schwartz or Marrone over Ryan who went to two Championship games with Mark Sanchez and beat Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers and Peyton Manning in playoffs? I know, he only went 8-8 with Geno Smith and Jeremy Kerley as his number one receiver-Belichick would have won superbowl with those guys. He didn't get to ditch his first round Qb like Marrone did and have a receiver like Watkins on his team.

Not making excuses, just using logic. I know fire Rex and bring in Jim Harbaugh or Bill belichik. Or bring back Marrone WHO QUIT ON YOU. Or bring back Schwartz to coach a 35 year old Kyle Williams, a 15 tackle Mario Williams making 10 million dollars, and Dareus with no safeties and bad linebackers for an amazing 4-3 defense. That will make you guys happy.

Dude. You don't even understand basic Buffalo Bills football fandom.

You assume too much. Your assumptions are just wrong. And I don't intend to spend the next hour of my life explaining to you how and why your assumptions are wrong. You just don't understand jack squat about Bills fans because you're not one. Can't help you there.

Don't forget to send Rex his Christmas card. And please do keep reiterating your excuses for his crappy performance as a "defensive guru" coach. That dude just flat out sucks at what he claims to be great at.

Edited by PolishDave

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Context: I grew up in Buffalo, diehard Bills fan, lived as a kid through the '90's Super Bowl.

I've lived in the Boston-area for the last ten years because of school/work. This past month I was incredibly blessed to move back to Buffalo for work. As a football fan, living in exile for the past decade, I couldn't be happier to be back in Buffalo.

WTF is with the negativity in this town?? We are alive for the playoffs on Christmas Eve. With a win, there is a good chance we will go into week 17 still alive. We have a historically good rushing offense and have a chance to knock Miami out of the playoffs, leaving the Fish with cleat marks on their back.

We are scoring 26 points a game. Do I wish we were 9-5 instead of 7-7? Yes. But this team needs a SAFETY to make the playoffs next year. A freaking play-making SAFETY. Maybe a linebacker. Not a new GM, new HC, new QB. And I'm listening to Schopp and the Bulldog drone on about the drought and reading idiot columnists talk about how Buffalo should want to trade places with the Browns.

I don't understand the Buffalo mentality where we have to ask permission from the outside to be relevant. The team is talented and the team is CLOSE. I am ready as the next person to see the drought end. But guess what - the drought might end on New Year's. And if it doesn't, I believe it will end in 2018.

I for one, will be happy to gather with my family on Christmas Eve and watch a big game this Saturday and then do a little scoreboard watching after we run over the Dolphins on Sunday.

Glad you're back. Negativity sells. People love to complain. Complain about work, their families, the weather, politics, the Bills. Some people simply cant carry a conversation without complaining.

Welcome Back Flip,

I read the board several times a day. I think the negativity comes from the drought. Too many years without playoffs leads everyone to want to fire everyone prematurely.

Although I am frustrated with the downgrade within Rex's defenses and sick of the excuses (injuries, quarterback, one player away) I truly believe we are the only franchise who would fire a coach after an 8-8 first season and then a 8-8 (most likely) or 9-7 second season.

Lastly, I know if we get a couple breaks here or there we could've made the playoffs this year however still couldn't make a deep run but I'm not ready to blow it up just yet.

As much as 8-8 and missing the playoffs sucks, it still beats those less than 6 win seasons.

Glad you're back. Negativity sells. People love to complain. Complain about work, their families, the weather, politics, the Bills. Some people simply cant carry a conversation without complaining.

Put it this way. Rex Promised us a million dollars. Hes delivered about $100,000. I'm missing a lot of money somewhere and I would like to know what happened.

Its not complaining when the facts are staring at you in the face.

Welcome Back Flip,

I read the board several times a day. I think the negativity comes from the drought. Too many years without playoffs leads everyone to want to fire everyone prematurely.

Although I am frustrated with the downgrade within Rex's defenses and sick of the excuses (injuries, quarterback, one player away) I truly believe we are the only franchise who would fire a coach after an 8-8 first season and then a 8-8 (most likely) or 9-7 second season.

Lastly, I know if we get a couple breaks here or there we could've made the playoffs this year however still couldn't make a deep run but I'm not ready to blow it up just yet.

As much as 8-8 and missing the playoffs sucks, it still beats those less than 6 win seasons.

I'd rather that. 8-8 does jack squat but keep you mediocre. If you are going to miss, miss big and get the high draft pick.

Put it this way. Rex Promised us a million dollars. Hes delivered about $100,000. I'm missing a lot of money somewhere and I would like to know what happened.

Its not complaining when the facts are staring at you in the face.

I dont view it that way. When a coach talks or politicians talk you have to be conservative with your expectations. I never understood how people continue to believe everything theyre fed by people who are simply saying what you want to hear.

Rex doesnt play on Sundays. He can talk a good game but hes not playing.

If you don't like the support then fly up from sunny Miami and come sit out in the rain Saturday Pete.

Then you and Mark80 and Flip Johnson can picket TBN on Christmas. :thumbsup:

For what it is worth, even though I live in Miami, I am a Buffalo Bills season ticket holder.

1st bold - no Tom Brady

2nd Blod - Their starting QB suffered a catastrophic injury a week before the season.

3rd bold - Have you seen Cleveland's roster. They have played 6-8 QBs this year.

Exactly, so are those excuses or reasonable? Same thing with Ryan. There are valid "excuses." You would give BB the Browns roster every year and then complain didn't make playoffs 5 years in a row (not saying Ryan has that roster, just there are valid "excuses"). and Qb injury doesn't explain their vaunted defense not showing up. When Bills lose to Steelers by 7 Rex's guys quit but Zimmer's guys didn't quit on him with playoffs on the line?-just pointing out double standard.

also, Hue is 0-14-that's pretty bad.

Context: I grew up in Buffalo, diehard Bills fan, lived as a kid through the '90's Super Bowl.

I've lived in the Boston-area for the last ten years because of school/work. This past month I was incredibly blessed to move back to Buffalo for work. As a football fan, living in exile for the past decade, I couldn't be happier to be back in Buffalo.

WTF is with the negativity in this town?? We are alive for the playoffs on Christmas Eve. With a win, there is a good chance we will go into week 17 still alive. We have a historically good rushing offense and have a chance to knock Miami out of the playoffs, leaving the Fish with cleat marks on their back.

We are scoring 26 points a game. Do I wish we were 9-5 instead of 7-7? Yes. But this team needs a SAFETY to make the playoffs next year. A freaking play-making SAFETY. Maybe a linebacker. Not a new GM, new HC, new QB. And I'm listening to Schopp and the Bulldog drone on about the drought and reading idiot columnists talk about how Buffalo should want to trade places with the Browns.

I don't understand the Buffalo mentality where we have to ask permission from the outside to be relevant. The team is talented and the team is CLOSE. I am ready as the next person to see the drought end. But guess what - the drought might end on New Year's. And if it doesn't, I believe it will end in 2018.

I for one, will be happy to gather with my family on Christmas Eve and watch a big game this Saturday and then do a little scoreboard watching after we run over the Dolphins on Sunday.

You must be on the wrong board....your way to positive

You look at that defense and think we're a safety away?

He may not be wrong.....

Dude. You don't even understand basic Buffalo Bills football fandom.

You assume too much. Your assumptions are just wrong. And I don't intend to spend the next hour of my life explaining to you how and why your assumptions are wrong. You just don't understand jack squat about Bills fans because you're not one. Can't help you there.

Don't forget to send Rex his Christmas card. And please do keep reiterating your excuses for his crappy performance as a "defensive guru" coach. That dude just flat out sucks at what he claims to be great at.

Of course I don't. After being huge Jets fan and then becoming Bills fan I realized it's impossible to follow team objectively. I always thought as Jets fan that Jets got bad rap when they are not close to being one of the worst franchises. They made playoffs many years and didn't have luxury of number 1 Qb falling into their laps (Colts are good franchise because stunk like crazy two years and got lucky???????).

Either way, missing playoffs 17 years stinks and would drive me absolutely nuts but that shouldn't stop people from disputing actual points about direction of team after 2014 and after this year.

I dont view it that way. When a coach talks or politicians talk you have to be conservative with your expectations. I never understood how people continue to believe everything theyre fed by people who are simply saying what you want to hear.

Rex doesnt play on Sundays. He can talk a good game but hes not playing.

So Rex says he is going to bring this team to the playoffs. I should not believe it now?

Rex said he was going to build a dominant defense. Should I not believe him now?

I

So Rex says he is going to bring this team to the playoffs. I should not believe it now?

Rex said he was going to build a dominant defense. Should I not believe him now?

I

When Rex said he was going to improve the top 5 defense id say pretty much everyone knew he was talking out of his ass.

And as for the playoffs, i dont exactly recall, but did he give a timetable? I dont think Rex wouldve expected getting fired after 2 seasons.

"Lastly, I know if we get a couple breaks here or there we could've made the playoffs this year however still couldn't make a deep run but I'm not ready to blow it up just yet."

To be honest that's why I love Rex. If he made the playoffs anything can happen. You think 9-7 Jets thought they could get to AFC championship game. For the life of me, I cant understand how Rex gets his Geno Smith and no talent secondary to barely lose to Brady and Pats and then media comes up with how Rex got outcoached. Ryan with the Jets was able to compete against teams had no business competing against. Not sure why here, his teams fold up (and he himself isn't confident in stopping good offenses anymore).

I really think leaders and intelligent players are necessary for his complicated defense to be successful and I don't think he has that here especially at Safety and LB positions. You could say that is knock against him and his defenses and it would be hard for me to argue but I really think he can do special things with limited talent that few other coaches could do. Also, wont be as consistent as other coaches with his lax attitude but I love rooting for the guy cuz he's fun

Sadly, as Bills fans, we have been down this road before...17 times before! Get your hopes up for the season only to see them shattered along the way.

When I pass away I'll have asked to have some Buffalo Bills players to be my pallbearers ..so they can let me down one last time :cry:

When Rex said he was going to improve the top 5 defense id say pretty much everyone knew he was talking out of his ass.

And as for the playoffs, i dont exactly recall, but did he give a timetable? I dont think Rex wouldve expected getting fired after 2 seasons.

This. Team. Has. Regressed. Under. Rex. Ryan.

This cannot be understated! I grew up with the championship teams as well. I always have that to fall back on. Lets face it, a lot of the guys on here missed that era, and they feel jealous and entitled to a super bowl contender.

Vocal minority vs silent majority my friend. That is all. Welcome back.

Likely very true, unless you believe that the subsection of Bills fans on this site represent the vast majority of Bills fans. I don't. Most fans can go on with their lives and put things in perspective I'd like to believe.

The drumbeat of negativity is very sad and depressing.

Certain members of the Buffalo media (as well as certain people here) thrive on negativity and are expert in finding the dark cloud in the silver lining.

Curmudgeon Sully is the hero to some of this board!

I think he knew exactly what he was getting himself into and knew that he better get to playoffs very quickly (and yes within his first 2 years). He knew the Bills situation and history intimately.

That is probably why he is handling all this talk so nonchalantly. He knew this would happen if he didn't make the playoffs. The only reason it hasn't been worse the last 2 weeks is because the Bills haven't been mathematically eliminated yet. If they had been 2 weeks ago, there would have been an even greater amount of momentary rage.

If the Bills lose either of these last 2 games, in his after game presser Rex when asked about whether he should be fired or not - Rex should say "if the fans want me fired - Let them eat cake"

Edited by PolishDave

This. Team. Has. Regressed. Under. Rex. Ryan.

Your #4 defense is without it's best safety, one of your core 4 dline is completely washed up, another injured all of last year, another injured/suspended this year and your best LB would have been gone in free agency anyways. Your offense had NO QB (not such important position I guess) and your number 1 receive, WHO YOU GAVE UP TWO FIRST ROUND, has been injured this whole year. Your terrible running game is now number one. If your team was on the upswing after 2014 (with no qb or first round qb) WHY DID YOUR COACH QUIT ON YOU???