Guess how many teams...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have more offensive touchdowns than the Bills this season?

Two. The Falcons and the Saints.

Blow the whole thing up.

Guess how many teams have a worse passing offense than the Bills?

One...49ers.

Even if they upped their passing offense by 50 yards, to a very modest 230 yards a game, it would probably make a big difference. It is mind boggling that even if they are averaging 230, they are still near the bottom 1/3 of the league. Instead you have a QB that is gun shy, stands in the pocket for 3 seconds, takes off, and either throws on the run, or just takes off.

You really think that is a formula for leading a team to the playoffs, or gasp...a team that can win a playoff game?

OK... This means absolutely nothing.

How much you score means nothing. Now I've heard it all.

Guess how many teams have a worse passing offense than the Bills?

One...49ers.

Even if they upped their passing offense by 50 yards, to a very modest 230 yards a game, it would probably make a big difference. It is mind boggling that even if they are averaging 230, they are still near the bottom 1/3 of the league. Instead you have a QB that is gun shy, stands in the pocket for 3 seconds, takes off, and either throws on the run, or just takes off.

You really think that is a formula for leading a team to the playoffs, or gasp...a team that can win a playoff game?

My guess is that historically, there is more of a correlation between success and scoring points than where you rank in passing yardage. Edited by metzelaars_lives

How much you score means nothing. Now I've heard it all.My guess is that historically, there is more of a correlation between success and scoring points than where you rank in passing yardage.

Hooray racking up points against teams like Browns, Jets, Cardinals is awesome... Why don't you look at more then one stat. When you just post one !@#$ing stat it makes your argument look stupid.

Hooray racking up points against teams like Browns, Jets, Cardinals is awesome... Why don't you look at more then one stat. When you just post one !@#$ing stat it makes your argument look stupid.

What is my argument? Your argument that the Bills are the only team in the league that gets to play against bad teams sometimes is a sound one though. Edited by metzelaars_lives

So it'll be first when we have a passing game then

Boo ya !

Just imagine how many more points they'd have scored this year if Teddy Bridgewater was their quarterback. They'd be far and away the best offense in the league.

You don't want to blow it all up... That is exactly what you said. Do you even know why you made this bad thread?

I started this bad thread because I thought it was an interesting statistic. Would you have guessed that only two teams had scored more TD's than the Bills this season? And why are you so furious? Edited by metzelaars_lives

I also saw Mike Clay tweet this earlier today. Very surprised by it but it does reinforce how bad our defense has been. A little better defense vs Seattle, NYJ, and Oakland, and right now we're all discussing a playoff team.

I'm starting to believe the right thing to do is promote Lynn and give him a mandate to find someone to fix the defense. He's done a tremendous job given what he has to work with.

Blow the whole thing up.

I see. So if you have Matt Ryan and Julio jones and freeman you can still be good even with a horrible defense.

Also, even if you have drew Brees your defense can still suck so much you don't make the playoffs.

I disagree. IMO the defense is why they will probably not make the playoffs again. The offence is averaging 5.6 yards a play this year and averaged 5.7 last year. The last time they had anything better was in 91 with 5.9. Yes, they laid an egg on opening day, but they had losses even though they put up 31, 25, 25, 25, 24 and 20 points. The league average for points scored per game is about 22. For CS they they put up 25 points in Seattle, no team has put up more points in Seattle than the bills this year, but when the going got tough, the D caved in. I agree that TT needs to improve, and I think he will, but to put the seasons failures on him is crazy.

That's all I have to say about that.

GO BILLS!!!!

I see. So if you have Matt Ryan and Julio jones and freeman you can still be good even with a horrible defense.

Also, even if you have drew Brees your defense can still suck so much you don't make the playoffs.

Why do people keep drawing inferences from my post. I just thought it was an interesting statistic. And you could make the argument that the Saints should in fact blow it up. I will say this though. Taylor is last in the league in passing yardage. I got that. But there are more than a few quarterbacks in the league with more passing yardage that would've put up less points than Taylor has in this offense. And unlike a handful of posters on this site, I will take the points over the passing yardage. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Wow. I'm not saying Taylor is the guy, or not, but do you think maybe the logic here might need a little work?

To recap: we have scored the third highest amount of touchdowns in the entire NFL. Touchdowns are worth points. You win games by scoring points. But that means nothing?

Blow the whole thing up.

Not true. The Bills are tied with three teams for 6th in that regard. Still good in the 6th-9th range, but not 3rd.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-touchdowns-per-game

The Bills rank 10th overall offensively in DVOA by Football Outsiders. That's 1st in Rushing Offense and 19th in Passing Offense.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

Not really tough to see the problem with the offense when you look at the whole picture.