Rex was told he's being dismissed

The Big Cat

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My original prediction was 7-9 based on what looked like a tough schedule before the season and Rex back for a third year.

I expected the offense to take a step back a bit while the defense improving a bit.

I was wrong. The schedule was cake, but we got our asses handed to us by every winning team on the schedule in every aspect and our defense regressed even more.

For the 2nd year in a row the team will miss out on the playoffs when they could've easily made it because the defensive coaching and overall leadership has sucked.

So again the Bills exceeded your expectations and you're not happy?

The defense improved slightly with 2 games to go and the offense is doing better in some categories (ppg, rushing ypg) and regressed in some (passing ypg, ypg). So in line with your expectations but Rex should have done better?

Currently the Bills have the 10th hardest schedule based on this year so far. So you are wrong about the cake schedule. In fact only 3 teams with harder strength of schedule have a better record the the Bills.

Well when you are promised a great defense and he Creates a pile of garbage. Average is a massive disappointment. I could only imagine what it would look like if they had to play Tom Brady 2x instead of an injured Jacoby Brissett.

A pile of garbage isn't average though. It certainly hasn't been as good as we all hoped. However I don't think any of us expected the offense to score as many points as they have or the running game to be THAT good. If we are going to punish Rex for his failings can he get some credit for the things that are working? Who knows what would happen if they played Brady twice. We can play that game all day long.

What if Kyle Williams doesn't miss the Pitt game? Does Bell go as crazy as he did? What if Dareus didn't get suspended? Do they win the Jets or Ravens game? What if he then doesn't tweak a hammy? What if Aaron Williams or the 5 other safeties don't get hurt and miss time? What if their 1st and 2nd round picks could have contributed all year instead of getting a half a season total from the 2?

So again the Bills exceeded your expectations and you're not happy?

The defense improved slightly with 2 games to go and the offense is doing better in some categories (ppg, rushing ypg) and regressed in some (passing ypg, ypg). So in line with your expectations but Rex should have done better?

Currently the Bills have the 10th hardest schedule based on this year so far. So you are wrong about the cake schedule. In fact only 3 teams with harder strength of schedule have a better record the the Bills.

A pile of garbage isn't average though. It certainly hasn't been as good as we all hoped. However I don't think any of us expected the offense to score as many points as they have or the running game to be THAT good. If we are going to punish Rex for his failings can he get some credit for the things that are working? Who knows what would happen if they played Brady twice. We can play that game all day long.

What if Kyle Williams doesn't miss the Pitt game? Does Bell go as crazy as he did? What if Dareus didn't get suspended? Do they win the Jets or Ravens game? What if he then doesn't tweak a hammy? What if Aaron Williams or the 5 other safeties don't get hurt and miss time? What if their 1st and 2nd round picks could have contributed all year instead of getting a half a season total from the 2?

When the defense faced just a competent offense they folded.

The Bills played some awful, awful teams this year. Hence their average rating. yet they are still on the outside looking in because they couldn't beat one team above them in the standings, ONE!

Happy that they are mediocre?

No I'm not. Way too many fans seem to be though.

What if the Bills weren't the only team in the league that went through injuries and suspensions?

Lol if the Bills played Brady twice they'd be 6-8. Let's not kid ourselves here.

I don't need stats to tell me the defense gets its doors blown off whenever it plays a decent offense/QB.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Rex got another year if the team finishes 9-7. It will just prolong the inevitable next year, but hey it sounds like some fans want this so I guess they get what they deserve.

Let's try this again...

By your own admission the Bills are doing better than you thought they would. Therefore doesn't that mean that Rex is doing a better job than you thought possible? You must be one miserable sob if doing better than you expect still isn't good enough...

By the same token that every team deals with injuries, every team deals with suspensions. If Dareus doesn't get suspended for 4 games do the Bills still lose to Baltimore or the Jets? Brady almost definitely beats the Bills as his track record shows. Dareus helps the defense as his track record shows. Maybe the Jets don't hang 37 and the Bills win so we are in the same boat record wise. For every negative hypothetical you can come up with I can come up with a positive one. Hypotheticals are pointless as is guessing what would happen if this or that player played. Currently the Bills are on track to do better than you thought they could. You can admit to being wrong any time now :nana:

Let's try this again...

By your own admission the Bills are doing better than you thought they would. Therefore doesn't that mean that Rex is doing a better job than you thought possible? You must be one miserable sob if doing better than you expect still isn't good enough...

By the same token that every team deals with injuries, every team deals with suspensions. If Dareus doesn't get suspended for 4 games do the Bills still lose to Baltimore or the Jets? Brady almost definitely beats the Bills as his track record shows. Dareus helps the defense as his track record shows. Maybe the Jets don't hang 37 and the Bills win so we are in the same boat record wise. For every negative hypothetical you can come up with I can come up with a positive one. Hypotheticals are pointless as is guessing what would happen if this or that player played. Currently the Bills are on track to do better than you thought they could. You can admit to being wrong any time now :nana:

So this team is in the driver seat to make the playoffs because according to Rex I needed to get Ready because "Were going"

Rex promised a lot and delivered virtually none.

I would just like to revisit the expectations of the team the year we brought in Matt Cassel

They were

Dominating defense

A qb that didnt lose the game for you.....game manager

what we have is

A very VERY average defense

A offense that is 9th in the league in scoring points

Should Rex stay based on that?

I would just like to revisit the expectations of the team the year we brought in Matt Cassel

They were

Dominating defense

what we have is

No.

Whaley signed both of those dudes. I prefer to blame the coach who runs a safety predicated system when he only has 1 decent safety whose head is falling off.

Thats fair, whats not fair is to ignore the production he got out of mario williams spot this year. Something people were all over rex for last year. The guy can coach. There is evidence. The safety position, yea rex deserves some blame there but so does the gm. I blame dareus more than anyone for this defenses performance this year. His suspension derailed everything.

When the defense faced just a competent offense they folded.

The Bills played some awful, awful teams this year. Hence their average rating. yet they are still on the outside looking in because they couldn't beat one team above them in the standings, ONE!

Every team plays these average and crappy teams!!! Do the Ravens or Steelers get knocked for getting to play the Bengals and Browns twice?

I will agree that the Bills have played 3 terrible teams (49ers, Browns, Jags) but looking at records they have only lost to 1 team with a losing record so they are losing to the teams that they should and beating the teams they should. Again all in line with expectations or maybe you had the Bills beating the Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Seahawks, or Raiders. Personally I had them beating the Ravens out of that group and that is it. So 1 game didn't go as I expected it, I can't get too upset about that. They lost to the Jets too which is the only other game this year they lost that I didn't pick. They also beat the Bengals and Cards which I didn't expect. So they are just about where I expected them to be. Playing to expectations, to me at least, isn't cause to blow the whole thing up.

Thats fair, whats not fair is to ignore the production he got out of mario williams spot this year. Something people were all over rex for last year. The guy can coach. There is evidence. The safety position, yea rex deserves some blame there but so does the gm. I blame dareus more than anyone for this defenses performance this year. His suspension derailed everything.

the two games the defense came up the smallest, Oak and Pitt, Dareus was in mid season form. We just suck on that side of the ball.

They were

Dominating defense

what we have is

For all of the injuries and suspensions and overnight aging people need to move on from 2014. This defense has exactly 4 players from that team currently starting on defense. Of those 4 (Hughes, Dareus, K Williams, and Gillmore) Dareus and K Williams missed significant time over the last 2 years. 2014 happened but this isn't the same players as then.

I get that Rex is a defensive coach but he has taken more of the CEO role this year. I wouldn't be mad or upset to move on from Thurman even though it is Rex's defense. As we have seen with Lynn sometimes a change at Coordinator can spark a positive outcome. Again he can't get knocked for the defense and not get credit for the offense. I don't care what his "forte" is.

the two games the defense came up the smallest, Oak and Pitt, Dareus was in mid season form. We just suck on that side of the ball.

I know having the defense get torched by the 6th and 7 ranked offense proves the Bills suck. They are 7-7 they don't suck they are average. Dareus was indeed in mid-season form for both of those games but K Williams missed the Pitt game. I won't argue the defense is great but they aren't as terrible as it seems people think they are.

And had dareus been around for the baltimore, jets or miami game things might be a little different right now. Maybe not but he is the one who chose to skip his test and put himself before the team. You cant put that on rex.

It's better then I expected because after watching the Bills last season under Rex I expected them to **** the bed again. Which they have. They are still average.

What is so hard to understand? They are better then what I expected by a game or two, I should be happy about that? Lol. Why? They are still mediocre and Rexs defense is still a disappointment. Yay!

:doh:

@BillsFanaticsBF

Sources say, players are getting together to push ownership to shut rumors down and make sure Rex Ryan is here next year. #BFInsiders

Yep, Russ Brandon's false flag operation is working. Spread the rumor that Rex is on thin ice in order to motivate the players to win the next two games. They'll play harder if they believe two more wins will allow them to continue playing for Ryan next year, rather than having to endure Camp Coughlin. Brilliant! Of course, Rex is in on all this. You can see it in his face, he's a terrible actor.

;)

For all of the injuries and suspensions and overnight aging people need to move on from 2014. This defense has exactly 4 players from that team currently starting on defense. Of those 4 (Hughes, Dareus, K Williams, and Gillmore) Dareus and K Williams missed significant time over the last 2 years. 2014 happened but this isn't the same players as then.

I get that Rex is a defensive coach but he has taken more of the CEO role this year. I wouldn't be mad or upset to move on from Thurman even though it is Rex's defense. As we have seen with Lynn sometimes a change at Coordinator can spark a positive outcome. Again he can't get knocked for the defense and not get credit for the offense. I don't care what his "forte" is.

I know having the defense get torched by the 6th and 7 ranked offense proves the Bills suck. They are 7-7 they don't suck they are average. Dareus was indeed in mid-season form for both of those games but K Williams missed the Pitt game. I won't argue the defense is great but they aren't as terrible as it seems people think they are.

Preston Brown? Corey Graham? What?

The offense is almost irrelevant to this discussion.

Rex earned his dismissal because his schemes on defense have not worked, and he hasn't adjusted them to the realities of the modern NFL where you don't get to practice much and you have constant churning of the roster due to injuries and the salary cap. And on top of that, he doesn't have his players prepared enough on gameday. The poor communication we saw last year continues to plague this defense. Guys running on the field late, yelling at each other, lined up wrong, IT'S STILL HAPPENING. That's on Rex and it's inexcusable.