Can anyone come up with an argument for keeping Russ?

BillsGuru4

There is a direct correlation to Russ working for the Bills and us not making the playoffs in like what.. 17 years?

He has to be tied to this mess somehow right?

Absolutely.

Just the same as how we can prove--for certain--that Facebook cancels out the cholesterol-lowering effect of Justin Bieber:

http://inutrifit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/justinbeiber.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows he's useless. He actually hurts us, why do Pegulas have loyalty towards him?

There are a million arguments for keeping him on staff. He has done and continues to do a terrific job on the business side.

It's questionable whether he has any input at all on the football side. Going to meetings doesn't mean anyone listens to you there. But if he does actually have any input on the football side, yeah, it's hard to find any arguments for not separating him off completely into business, which he's actually very good at.

He helps make a small market NFL team profitable.

It's laughable the amount of hate Russ gets. Yeah, he doesn't care about winning. He only wants to steal the billions of dollars from super rich WNY people.

He is great at his job and was one of the big reasons the Bills stayed in Buffalo. There are plenty problems with this team but Russ Brandon is at the bottom of this list. I think people are jealous of him. To quote orange face, sad!

"He is excellent on the business side" seems like a catch-all general cop-out. He has presided over the bills during a time where the nfl experienced unprecedented growth and prosperity. I can say from experience that there are thousands of Russ Brandons in the field. What he was good at, was executing ralph wilson's vision, which was keeping the decisions in the inner circle, while deflecting accountability to the outside. The same tricks still work. We are again about to outsource all the blame to Rex Ryan. Then we will be fed hope that anthony lynn was some highly coveted candidate. Next year will be again year 1. The team will stink but it will be because of new coaches, system, etc... year 2 continuity... year 3 the bottom falls out again and we are right back here, blaming lynn for everything, while the bills search for the next lackey.

He has been at a senior executive role, on top of the organization for a long time, and the dysfunction continues.

"He is excellent on the business side" seems like a catch-all general cop-out. He has presided over the bills during a time where the nfl experienced unprecedented growth and prosperity. I can say from experience that there are thousands of Russ Brandons in the field. What he was good at, was executing ralph wilson's vision, which was keeping the decisions in the inner circle, while deflecting accountability to the outside. The same tricks still work. We are again about to outsource all the blame to Rex Ryan. Then we will be fed hope that anthony lynn was some highly coveted candidate. Next year will be again year 1. The team will stink but it will be because of new coaches, system, etc... year 2 continuity... year 3 the bottom falls out again and we are right back here, blaming lynn for everything, while the bills search for the next lackey.

He has been at a senior executive role, on top of the organization for a long time, and the dysfunction continues.

yes! people act as if the nfl is filled with failing teams (money-wise, not record-wise). the nfl blew up because of fantasy football, not because russ moved training camp to st. john fisher or secured an endorsement deal with the original pizza logs.

Russ is the equivalent of Modrak, long history with an under performing team, seems to always deflect blame, has supporters on this board(it was never Modraks fault-he just sets the board)---like having fans in Rochester and southern Ontario is some sort of an accomplishment, they were always there.

makes no football decisions ....over thinking it he's no factor +/-

Only extremely naive people or those on the Russ Brandon PR machine think this.

It's laughable the amount of hate Russ gets. Yeah, he doesn't care about winning. He only wants to steal the billions of dollars from super rich WNY people.

He is great at his job and was one of the big reasons the Bills stayed in Buffalo. There are plenty problems with this team but Russ Brandon is at the bottom of this list. I think people are jealous of him. To quote orange face, sad!

Bills were never going anywhere they are viewed as a succesful NFL market. Your Narrative that we as fans should just accept this failed organization is similar to the thinking of one making excuses for an absuive relationspip.

I am not sure any coach could win big with EJ or Tyrod leading the charge. The people who

think these two are any good should be accountable.

When we had a good QB in Jim Kelly, the team advanced pretty far. Get a real QB and no one

cares about Rex's stupid comments or what Russ or Whales are doing at the Buffalo Club.

Only extremely naive people or those on the Russ Brandon PR machine think this.

Bills were never going anywhere they are viewed as a succesful NFL market. Your Narrative that we as fans should just accept this failed organization is similar to the thinking of one making excuses for an absuive relationspip.

You sound crazy but obviously, your opinion should be taken as fact. You're right!

You sound crazy but obviously, your opinion should be taken as fact. You're right!

Well since you launched with the personal attacks ...You sound sound like a guy that hasnt expierenced a lot of success in life with his tail between is legs 24x7 hence you focus on accepting failure and keep focusing on the team will leave you if you speak out about the negatives. Go Bills.

Well since you launched with the personal attacks ...You sound sound like a guy that hasnt expierenced a lot of success in life with his tail between is legs 24x7 hence you focus on accepting failure and keep focusing on the team will leave you if you speak out about the negatives. Go Bills.

Haha. Dude get out of my head! You nailed me! You are easily one of the smartest, level headed posters on here. Keep up the great work!

:lol:

Kind of careless with that "everyone," aren't you? Oh, and regarding him as "useless" shows a depth of ignorance about his job and how well he does it. He ain't the QB, he ain't the HC, he ain't the GM, he's the prez, running the business end of things which, by all reports, is just fine financially. He serves at the pleasure of the team owners who so far appear delighted with him. And should he want to fire the HC or the GM, I don't think he can do that without consultation and approval of said owners. In any case, he won't be consulting you or any of us around here.

While we're at it, what do you mean when you say "he actually hurts us"? Has he been going around to your house and pounding you in the nose? Or by "us" do you mean the Bills? In which case, unless you're a Pegula, you've somehow gotten yourself confused: You are a fan, not an owner. Not even the wretched Rex is hurting you, he's just doing a lousy job with an asset in which you have not a penny at stake. You can walk away at anytime and no one will notice. We all can because...we're just fans, nothing more.

But you won't and I won't because...we're Bills fans, conditioned to this level of suckitude, used to having our souls repeatedly feed through the cosmic wood chipper, habituated to being out of it by the end of one September after another. Other than a couple of brief moments in time, that's the way it's always been. That's why, even if Brandon was as lousy as you think he is, you should embrace him because he fits in perfectly with the long and losing tradition of our chosen Vale of Tears. So wipe away those tears and soldier on; the off-season is close at hand.

By us I mean bills nation. You can continue to be miserable and hire/fire coaches every couple years and keep everything else the same. The NFL is a juggernaut and anyone could run the business side, he has been around for too long and therefore is part of the problem. We need to get rid of everyone that is complacent with losing.

I am boycotting the Sabres until Murray is fired and I B word constantly because he has led us into the black hole of hockey. Maybe he is a curse!

Id stop talking about hockey if I was you. Your really embarrassing yourself right now.