Adam Schefter: Rex Ryan to be fired end of season

Yeezus

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18277690/nfl-2016-adam-schefter-chris-mortensen-week-15-notebook-leveon-bell-future-pittsburgh-steelers

there it is.

Says Whaley most likely staying. I'm for a full house cleaning and Whaley has been nothing more than underwhelming here. But if he can find the right coach/QB than by all means go for it.

What an awful hire this was. We were right on the verge of becoming a quality team, Rex legit set this team back 3+ years.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18277690/nfl-2016-adam-schefter-chris-mortensen-week-15-notebook-leveon-bell-future-pittsburgh-steelers

there it is.

Says Whaley most likely staying. I'm for a full house cleaning and Whaley has been nothing more than underwhelming here. But if he can find the right coach/QB than by all means go for it.

What an awful hire this was. We were right on the verge of becoming a quality team, Rex legit set this team back 3+ years.

So they said this will be Whaley's third time in helping hire a HC... Maybe third time's the charm? Edited by Beef Jerky

Unless Bucky Gleason or Jerry Sullivan report it, I don't believe it. These dudes are the ones who break all the Bills stories.

Let Whaley have complete control over the process and see if he can hire a real coach for once.

Pegulas just give Whaley a blank check? I wonder if he would run to Cowher...

Not defending Rex at all, but I'd call that a stretch. We had no QB, defense was good on paper, but still managed to allow teams to score go-ahead points at the close of games. Likely would have lost FA's over past two years on the defensive side, while I think they could have played better than they have, we'd still have the same issues on offensive. Also not sure without Rex's run first offense, would we have scored as many points as we have?

There it isn't - it just says that the "belief" around the league is that Ryan will be canned. The Pegulas are very close to the vest and I don't think this report really moves the needle - we still don't know.

Schefter is about as good as it gets. Rex seems to be in serious trouble.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cowher come in as some type of oversight position. I think Whaley overall has done more good than bad, but sometimes overvalues and could use someone to sound things over with before pulling the trigger.

We still are on the Cowher train? Dude hasn't coached in a decade. He'd be very Rex like and doesn't have Dick LeBeau to carry his team.

Get a young guy with an offensive mind and a veteran NFL DC.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cowher come in as some type of oversight position. I think Whaley overall has done more good than bad, but sometimes overvalues and could use someone to sound things over with before pulling the trigger.

The Chin is not going to leave his cushy no pressure TV job for the rigors and headaches of NFL life.

I won't hate that but it is a completely different NFL than he left. Fans get nostalgic. Rex and Cowher have essentially the same philosophy.

LOL at people not thinking Schefter is a legit source

it would sind weird if he was the only one reporting it, but wake up. there has been bad news coming out of OBD since the start of the season. the franchise is a total mess right now

The Chin is not going to leave his cushy no pressure TV job for the rigors and headaches of NFL life.

Yea... I really think this is where Rex wanted to be also. I think he just wanted to put the Bills into the playoffs before he did it.

Edited by Beef Jerky