The current Bills have no idea how to play in the snow

YoloinOhio

In the Steelers game the Bills looked like they were playing in snow for the first time. I realize the snow wasn't plentiful in WNY until recently and not sure how much time they've had to be able to practice in it. But it was pretty noticeable. Are they practicing in it this week? Because it's supposed to snow again on Sunday.

A lot of the players we've drafted and signed in FA are from the south or warm climate schools. McCoy is the exception. I've always advocated the Big 10 should be more of a focus for cold weather teams. Leveon Bell and Ryan Shazier were the best two players on the field and they both played in weather and snow for years before going into the league. Shazier is from Miami but had 3 years of weather in college. Thoughts?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That right. These cupcakes should be snowmobiling in T-Shirts, Hunting in shorts and sleeping on their porches. This weather should be Advantage Buffalo! I guess it's just the way kids are these days. Probably play X-Box all night when they are not in their nice "field house". Pittsburgh players were the real men last week. The Bills played like boyz

Edited by bmur66

In the Steelers game the Bills looked like they were playing in snow for the first time. I realize the snow wasn't plentiful in WNY until recently and not sure how much time they've had to be able to practice in it. But it was pretty noticeable. Are they practicing in it this week? Because it's supposed to snow again on Sunday.

A lot of the players we've drafted and signed in FA are from the south or warm climate schools. McCoy is the exception. I've always advocated the Big 10 should be more of a focus for cold weather teams. Leveon Bell and Ryan Shazier were the best two players on the field and they both played in weather and snow for years before going into the league. Shazier is from Miami but had 3 years of weather in college. Thoughts?

That's why a new stadium needs a retractable roof. Weather has no advantage over anyone anymore. You're either a good team and can win in any conditions or you can't.

That's why a new stadium needs a retractable roof. Weather has no advantage over anyone anymore. You're either a good team and can win in any conditions or you can't.

they will still need to have the ability to play in snow in other open air stadiums in cold weather cities. Two are in our division.

In bad weather the short pass is the key. Even the announcers mentioned it. The QB and the receiver know the route, and the DB has to react. In bad weather the DB will have to move slower, and may fall down. Advantage offense. For some reason this does not seem to be common knowledge.

In bad weather the short pass is the key. Even the announcers mentioned it. The QB and the receiver know the route, and the DB has to react. In bad weather the DB will have to move slower, and may fall down. Advantage offense. For some reason this does not seem to be common knowledge.

That's probably the reason that Pittsburgh opened the game with 7 straight passes and had over 150 passing yards with less than 20 minutes of game time elapsed.

After backing off the defense, they proceeded to blast us for 200 rushing yards.

It all starts with the QB.

When did it ever snow in an OSU game when Shazier was there? The season ends in Nov, and the conf championship game takes place indoors. You almost never see even a wisp of snow in a college game given when the season ends. Same goes for Bell.

Edited by dave mcbride

When did it ever snow in an OSU game when Shazier was there? The season ends in Nov, and the conf championship game takes place indoors. You almost never see even a wisp of snow in a college game given when the season ends. Same goes for Bell.

it snows a lot in November in Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota... we have snow games every single year! They practice in it too. Edited by YoloinOhio

Straight line speed, and jump cuts aren't as important as first couple of step quickness. McCoy has always had a nice little stutter step that works in this kind of weather, but gillislee's burst was not uitilized like we should have.

I was thinking the same thing. The Bills looked completely clueless as to how to deal with the conditions!! It used to be such a huge advantage to us in the past for our O,D and even special teams. Now we look as as clueless as the Raiders did in that blowout AFC championship loss back in the 90s.

Edited by Livinginthepast

Point me to actual osu snow games.

off the top of my head - at Minnesota 2014, at msu 2016, Indiana 2013, msu 2015. They practice in it too...

This is so weird - snow games are a given in the Midwest. I'm surprised you didn't know that because you said you follow Sparty.

Other big 10 just last month just off the top of my head - IU at UM

Edited by YoloinOhio

off the top of my head - at Minnesota 2014, at msu 2016, Indiana 2013, msu 2015. They practice in it too...

This is so weird - snow games are a given in the Midwest. I'm surprised you didn't know that because you said you follow Sparty.

Other big 10 just last month just off the top of my head - IU at UM

That's just one game Shazier played, I think is his point.