Taylor Comes Up Lame

r henderson

Has anyone credible source (if there is such a thing) reported the "final 3 game injury" thing, or is it just conjecture? If it that clause exists, and Rex says that Tyrod is the starter this coming week, then I think we can conclude that Rex and Tyrod aren't going anywhere next year...maybe Whaley is gone?

Whatever the facts are, we don't know. National media has been wrong over and over again, about the Bills, since the Pegulas have been the owners, not sure if that has changed...

Almost like the guy leaking this information to the media isn't actually in charge... like maybe Russ Brandon...?

This is such and awful decision and could hurt the franchise from a cap perspective; there is nothing to gain from this. TT is not going to prove his worth against the Browns, a terrible Jets team and the 'Phins. Do the smart thing and RG3/Kaep his a$s...

Whaley needs to educate the Pegulas. The lack of brain power in this organization is incredible.

why on earth are the Pegulas letting Rex play TT. Totally absurd. On the other hand: perhaps they don't care about the $$, and then can say we gave Rex every chance to do it his way. May make it more appealing to a new HC.

Maybe the Bills aren't as done with Tryod as so many fans are... Rex either?

It is in the terms of the contract, the $27.5m bonus plus $3m+ of his 2018 salary are guaranteed for injury (both football related and non-football related injury). So if he chops of his hand while snow blowing his driveway, the Bills owe him $30m+ guaranteed. Who in the hell wrote that contract? They should be fired right now. Personally, I would not let him see the field again this year. Not only in games, but practices too (and the weight room). The need to keep him healthy so they can cut him.

They may not lose money, but it would still kill their cap for 2017 and 2018

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. More than likely the injury has to be Bills related (practice or in-game). Keep the rubber mats away from the field!

I thought the issue of the guarantee against injury was put to bed.

This is standard in guaranteed contracts, the idea being that if a player sustains a long term or career ending injury and he is prevented from realizing the contract's promises through performance, then he is protected.

It is insured, so the team is covered.

The team is also allowed to go over the cap by the same amount the injured player counts against it in order to sign another player(s) until such time as the injured player returns or retires.

So yes, it counts against the cap, but teams are provided relief if the injury scenario occurs.