Russ Brandon Attends Monday Morning Football Meetings

Fadingpain

Fair enough but when listening to the interview rex states that that monday meeting that includes russ, is to go over the game. Its not a staff meeting to make sure there is enough tp in the building

Yes, they do go over the previous game with the Pegulas and Brandon in attendance. But none of that review is related to X and O stuff. Much of it has to do with injuries and what roster and salary shifts may have to occur. General player performance and coaching decisions are certainly discussed, etc., and I don't think that's unreasonable. When Brandon was named "GM" by Mr. Wilson, he was afraid of his own shadow when making a decision, which is why he never made one unilaterally, so it's hard for me to envision him sitting in on game planning sessions and insisting they implement his strategic schematic visions.

Pretty sure he can get the axe just like anyone else

Absolutely. Ted Black is a good reminder of that.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Russ Brandon been a good businessman for the Bills? The Bills franchise value has dropped from around 20th when he arrived to least valuable in the NFL. He has poured hundreds of millions into Ralph Wilson Stadium while telling Buffalo we cant financially support a new stadium.

Not to mention he has a role in the product on the field, he was once even a GM of the Bills out scouting players.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I loved Ted Black. I got a couple chances to meet him and was invited to participate in a really cool pre-game forum with STH. He was very down to earth, friendly, and receptive. Also enjoyed and respected his radio spot on WGR. He would always take abuse and not shy away or sugar coat. Fans were also able to communicate with him directly with any issue or suggestion. I was experiencing many things in the arena improving.

Now, the Sabres have lost a little charm without Black.

Until they show they can field a competent product, they will continue to be a joke from the top down(as they have for the past 17 years)...The Pegula's, Brandon, Whaley, the coaching staff and all the players. No one should be immune from blame of this cluster****.

This is the best post in this entire thread and makes the most sense.

Yes, they do go over the previous game with the Pegulas and Brandon in attendance. But none of that review is related to X and O stuff. Much of it has to do with injuries and what roster and salary shifts may have to occur. General player performance and coaching decisions are certainly discussed, etc., and I don't think that's unreasonable. When Brandon was named "GM" by Mr. Wilson, he was afraid of his own shadow when making a decision, which is why he never made one unilaterally, so it's hard for me to envision him sitting in on game planning sessions and insisting they implement his strategic schematic visions.

If you believe that perception is reality; Russ is the figure head for what is wrong with the entire front office. He was GM, President, CEO and now managing partner. He helped hire HCs & GMs, people within the office, creating and maintaining the organizational culture, helped sell the franchise to the Pegs and is giving them some guidance on how to run the franchise and operate within the league circles. The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle he may not be a "Littlefinger", but he is also not entirely 100% removed from everything. I agree with what you said above, I think it is a big stretch to envision him making schematic visions and I do think he probably enjoys learning and being in on those discussions. There really is nothing wrong with that, especially in his current position. The problem that many have with him is him being the figure head for some time and making decisions that did not turn out well as far as the GM, HCs and possibly players; it is the lack of faith based on his past results that makes everyone (even though we all have zero control over this) apprehensive. Also, if you go back to when Dougie left, there was a lot of talk about the old guard trying to undermine him etc. It is just all of this baggage, true or not, that causes many fans to say he has to go. Right, wrong or indifferent he is perceived by many as the face of this mess....

Until they show they can field a competent product, they will continue to be a joke from the top down(as they have for the past 17 years)...The Pegula's, Brandon, Whaley, the coaching staff and all the players. No one should be immune from blame of this cluster****.

Very well said!

Youre not wrong. The issue is that he is even in the room. Thats what I think most people have a problem with. He could be eating cheetos in the corner and he should still be shown the door. Perception is everything and regardless of whether or not he has actual input or even gives it, is irrelevent at this point after 17 years. I mean, he is litterally a failed gm of this very team still sitting in on meetings after how many years. The perception that gives off is not a good one. His motives for ticket sales make that perception even worse.

Youre not wrong. The issue is that he is even in the room. Thats what I think most people have a problem with. He could be eating cheetos in the corner and he should still be shown the door. Perception is everything and regardless of whether or not he has actual input or even gives it, is irrelevent at this point after 17 years. I mean, he is litterally a failed gm of this very team still sitting in on meetings after how many years. The perception that gives off is not a good one. His motives for ticket sales make that perception even worse.

The issue is that the team sucks. The "perception" of a few minimally informed, disgruntled TBD posters is meaningless. Russ and mrags should stay...in the meeting!

The issue is that the team sucks. The "perception" of a few minimally informed, disgruntled TBD posters is meaningless. Russ and mrags should stay...in the meeting!

Lol there a lot more than just "disgruntled tbd posters". The bills have missed the playoffs for 17 years and there is 1 guy that has been a part of the process the entirety of that time and people are digruntled at him?

Noway.jpg

But but overdorf and berchtold have been here too! Good they can hit the road too.

If you believe that perception is reality; Russ is the figure head for what is wrong with the entire front office. He was GM, President, CEO and now managing partner. He helped hire HCs & GMs, people within the office, creating and maintaining the organizational culture, helped sell the franchise to the Pegs and is giving them some guidance on how to run the franchise and operate within the league circles. The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle he may not be a "Littlefinger", but he is also not entirely 100% removed from everything. I agree with what you said above, I think it is a big stretch to envision him making schematic visions and I do think he probably enjoys learning and being in on those discussions. There really is nothing wrong with that, especially in his current position. The problem that many have with him is him being the figure head for some time and making decisions that did not turn out well as far as the GM, HCs and possibly players; it is the lack of faith based on his past results that makes everyone (even though we all have zero control over this) apprehensive. Also, if you go back to when Dougie left, there was a lot of talk about the old guard trying to undermine him etc. It is just all of this baggage, true or not, that causes many fans to say he has to go. Right, wrong or indifferent he is perceived by many as the face of this mess....

Very well said!

Have we ever seen Petyr Baelish and Russ Brandon in the same place at the same time? I think not. He is Littlefinger.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Reed83HOF hit the nail on the head. This is not some management trainee program, how about bringing in an established winner.

Also, if you go back to when Dougie left, there was a lot of talk about the old guard trying to undermine him etc. It is just all of this baggage, true or not, that causes many fans to say he has to go. Right, wrong or indifferent he is perceived by many as the face of this mess....

Russ Brandon had a big role during the Watkins trade up. Whaley on Russ in trade talks with Jaguars - "He was the point person talking to Jacksonville. He had all the parameters set". People are fooling themselves if they believe Russ isn't involved in every decision. You can even see Whaley listing the trade parameters with Cleveland and Russ agreeing.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Focus-Inside-Buffalos-Draft-Room/b37321a3-5a95-4c80-b662-46ed9aa57696

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Russ Brandon had a big role during the Watkins trade up. Whaley on Russ in trade talks with Jaguars - "He was the point person talking to Jacksonville. He had all the parameters set". People are fooling themselves if they believe Russ isn't involved in every decision. You can even see Whaley listing the trade parameters with Cleveland and Russ agreeing.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Focus-Inside-Buffalos-Draft-Room/b37321a3-5a95-4c80-b662-46ed9aa57696

Because Whaley asked him to do so...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/ON-THE-CLOCK-Whaley%E2%80%99s-decisive-deal-making/54d1611b-5b46-40d9-ac1b-dc11b7fb13e2

But don't let that ruin a good narrative.

Because Whaley asked him to do so...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/ON-THE-CLOCK-Whaley%E2%80%99s-decisive-deal-making/54d1611b-5b46-40d9-ac1b-dc11b7fb13e2

But don't let that ruin a good narrative.

Wow, Russ even handled the Bryce Brown trade. Get him away from the franchise. Edited by TheTruthHurts

This video is a clear indication of why Brandon and Whaley should be fired. In hindsight I completely understand why Doug Marrone would bail on this organization with these two clowns running the show. It's like two kids when they do not have any parental oversight.

Blow it Up Terry & Kim. I'd much rather deal with a 3-5 year rebuilding process then bringing back Brandon, Whaley or Ryan.