Pick Up Pettigrew?

H2o

Would he be a fit for the offense?

Lions released TE Brandon Pettigrew.

Pettigrew is believed to be healthy, but the Lions had washed their hands of him. He's now available to the highest bidder. A productive receiving tight end at Oklahoma State, Pettigrew was the 20th overall pick in the 2009 draft. He never developed into anything more than a blocking tight end in six years with Detroit.

Edited by H2o

Why have they "washed their hands of him"? Anyone follow the Lions?

I actually think O'Leary has improved as a blocker and overall.

I guess because he never worked out the way they envisioned in Detroit along with the fact they have Ebron now. They must be comfortable with the roster to outright release him.

I think we'd have to drop Logan Thomas. I think they brought him in so they could wait and see, not to drop him 2 weeks later.

Thomas is an inactive and the Bills have 6 of those every week......a few of those spots can be maintained late in the season as virtual practice squad players but guys that are secured by an NFL contract. So I don't think Thomas would be a limiting factor.

Pettigrew would be brought in to play now. The issue would probably be at the expense of depth at what position on the active gameday roster.