Time to Evaluate Cardale

Fadingpain

This has been mentioned in another thread, but I have a feeling we have Tony Romo as our starter next year, not cardale

It's not beyond the realm of possibility, but the man's skeletal system is held together by an elaborate network of trusses made from band aids, dental floss, and chewing gum.

Who goes in when Romo goes down?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been mentioned in another thread, but I have a feeling we have Tony Romo as our starter next year, not cardale

There's no way Jerry Jones doesn't show Romo the respect to have some say in where he goes and no way Romo has any interest in Buffalo. Denver, Rams, San Fran, Jets and Bears are all more likely IMO. The only landing spot for Romo likely than Buffalo is Cleveland.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility, but the man's skeletal system is held together by an elaborate network of trusses made from band aids, dental floss, and chewing gum.

Who goes in when Romo goes down?

I heard his collarbone is made of a semi-dried toothpaste.

There's no way Jerry Jones doesn't show Romo the respect to have some say in where he goes and no way Romo has any interest in Buffalo. Denver, Rams, San Fran, Jets and Bears are all more likely IMO. The only landing spot for Romo likely than Buffalo is Cleveland.

Could well be. Whats more at his age and in his condition I'm sure he would just love foregoing a dome and playing in brutal winter weather come December/January.

Once we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I don't care if Cardale and EJ both get starts.

In the meantime, we've got to keep trying with our best people on the field. And the coaches think TT gives us the best chance of winning.

If you see Cardale in the lineup IMO it would mean that the Bills have decided to move on from Tyrod and will not exercise the option on his looming contract extension. If they are still undecided, then it makes sense to continue to evaluate him in order to reach a definitive conclusion.

Please let us get lucky once.

I like what I've seen so far, seems like a gamer

he is actually a better practice player than he is in games ... that's not to say he isn't good in games but sometimes "gamer" refers to guys who don't practice well but turn it up when the lights are on so to speak Edited by YoloinOhio

he is actually a better practice player than he is in games ... that's not to say he isn't good in games but sometimes "gamer" refers to guys who don't practice well but turn it up when the lights are on so to speak

I thought it was the opposite, and why he didn't win the job at OSU?

I thought it was the opposite, and why he didn't win the job at OSU?

not the gym rat/film obsessed guy that urban wants and had already in place that he recruited to run his offense. Cardale is a pro style QB who was recruited by Jim Tressel and Urban inherited. He trusts JT who he handpicked to run the RPO and rightfully so.

Cardale needs a lot of support in the film room.

If you watched all of the OSU QBs practice you would say Cardale was the best one. Every day. But that's not the whole soup to nuts that allows you to lead the OSU football team. If Braxton Miller hadnt torn his labrum 10 days before the 1st game in 2014, and JT hadn't broken his ankle in the last game of 2014, no one would know who Cardale Jones was (nationally)

Edited by YoloinOhio

On this one I agree with the Bills...There's no reason to rush Cardale...Let him get a full off-season under his belt, then lets see what he's got in Training Camp next year... B-)

He's not a fine wine; he's a middling QB talent. Get him in there and let's see where he is in his development and just how unrealistic it might be to go with him next season.

It's not about this year as much as helping inform us of what we want to do for next season.

The season isn't over....

it's not time to evaluate a player who throws a pass so far out of bounds it hits reporters 40 yards away...

What it is time for is to give Tyrod four more chances to show what he can do and should he get hurt than show what EJ can do before he is gone forever.

If you see Cardale in the lineup IMO it would mean that the Bills have decided to move on from Tyrod and will not exercise the option on his looming contract extension. If they are still undecided, then it makes sense to continue to evaluate him in order to reach a definitive conclusion.

Not necessarily. If we see Cardale in the lineup it could be because we are not sure if we should move on from Tyrod or not and we want to see just how unrealistic a proposition it is to start Cardale next year.

I highly doubt they are undecided in terms of what Tyrod can do on the field. He is not going to reveal anything more in the next few games than what he has shown already.

The season isn't over....

it's not time to evaluate a player who throws a pass so far out of bounds it hits reporters 40 yards away...

What it is time for is to give Tyrod four more chances to show what he can do and should he get hurt than show what EJ can do before he is gone forever.

I'm not sure which QB this refers to! :lol:

It could be any of them.

Did you mean EJ, Tyrod, or CJ?

The EJ train has left the station. He's done.

Tyrod is now a known commodity. He may well NOT be done, but we know what we have in him at this point.

The only question mark is CJ (for now) and that's why I'd like to throw him the keys to the car for a planned start with a week of preparation/practice knowing he's the starter, during the regular season, against a real NFL team not made of 2nds and 3rds, in a game which "counts" in terms of opposing team effort.

Let him sink or swim. The results of the actual game are immaterial relative to our success this season as a whole anyway.