Clay inactive for game due to birth of child (updated)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, women are unreasonable. You guys crack me up. Do any of you get laid anymore. :lol:

Also, I think you'd be surprised how many birthdays these guys get too.......especially the first one.

It's when the newness wears off.........that's when it's hard to make the other 6500 or so days that it takes to get them to 18.

I never said that, way to make assumptions. I was responding to that fact that a married man isn't going to miss his child's birth. Baby mama births are missed all time. That's probably the other 80% of pro athletes. My point was he's not going to miss it, and he shouldn't. That's why I said he's married he has no choice, because he doesn't. Adrian Peterson choose not to attend nor know his children. Maybe some appreciate him more. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I never said that, way to make assumptions. I was responding to that fact that a married man isn't going to miss his child's birth. Baby mama births are missed all time. That's probably the other 80% of pro athletes. My point was he's not going to miss it, and he shouldn't. That's why I said he's married he has no choice, because he doesn't. Adrian Peterson choose not to attend nor know his children. Maybe some appreciate him more.

Assumptions? Ok, right. :lol:

Married men whose jobs take them out of town do miss the birth of children....unless it's forced it isn't exactly a scheduled event.......so it happens.

On the bright side if Clay's wife doesn't give birth this week the team will be at home next week so maybe he will be able to leave his car running outside and play. :lol:

lol love it

We all would. I have been a fan of Clay since Tulsa.....guy was super versatile.......but he's breaking down.

He's not the same player that he was when he dominated that opening drive in Miami last year.

Assumptions? Ok, right. :lol:

Married men whose jobs take them out of town do miss the birth of children....unless it's forced it isn't exactly a scheduled event.......so it happens.

On the bright side if Clay's wife doesn't give birth this week the team will be at home next week so maybe he will be able to leave his car running outside and play. :lol:

We all would. I have been a fan of Clay since Tulsa.....guy was super versatile.......but he's breaking down.

He's not the same player that he was when he dominated that opening drive in Miami last year.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say anymore. All I mean is that a married guy is going to try whatever it takes to make it if they can. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Much respect Bobby for you and the Army. It's tough to tell from "text", but it's all a light hearted discussion. I hope the brownies are good!

Yeah my daughter and wide said they are. Didn't touch any have a PT Test coming

Please bless us with your logic.

Should we give the president a day off? :lol:

The Pegula family is unfortunately getting a really good education wrt WHY you don't give NFL players overly guaranteed contracts like they gave Clay and Dareus.

When you prepay for things you run the risk of getting sloppy work in return.

Yeah because the education he got with Sabres not enough. Or maybe he is a Billionaire and knows what he is doing when it comes to contracts

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say anymore. All I mean is that a married guy is going to try whatever it takes to make it if they can.

When there is a conflict between birth and important work/travel obligations it's not uncommon for couples to have the birth induced so it can essentially be scheduled.

Unless it's induced or surgically done it's anyone's guess when baby is coming.

My sister was born healthy at 7 months. Plenty of women go 2 weeks over their due date.

Something tells me that if this were a contract year this plays out differently. :lol:

Funny thing is I actually had a child born the day before a Bills home game.......that was close!

What does money have to do with anything? It's the birth of a child. You can't replace that moment with money

The money the job pays reflects the importance of each game and the fact that you are being compensated for the demands of the job ; both physical and in lifestyle / personal areas. That means you may miss big events if the fates conspire with bad timing. This would be one of them. Get to the game and play- it's your job. Watch the video or plan things out better in your personal life.

The money the job pays reflects the importance of each game and the fact that you are being compensated for the demands of the job ; both physical and in lifestyle / personal areas. That means you may miss big events if the fates conspire with bad timing. This would be one of them. Get to the game and play- it's your job. Watch the video or plan things out better in your personal life.

You

Are

Wrong

It's funny to me that you think the Bills have any leverage here to tell him to skip the birth.

Yeah because the education he got with Sabres not enough. Or maybe he is a Billionaire and knows what he is doing when it comes to contracts

NHL contracts are ALL guaranteed Bob. :flirt:

You like that Dareus contract without a drug/conduct clause after he'd already had failed drug tests and had other legal issues?

Sometimes people new to a field think they are going to think out of the box and do it better and then find out that there was a reason why that thought was outside the box to start with.

I like your football posts but you are really off base with just about everything in this thread.

Anyone who gives Clay **** for this can go !@#$ off IMO.

Shout it down! Shout it down! :lol:

You

Are

Wrong

It's funny to me that you think the Bills have any leverage here to tell him to skip the birth.

Big assumption there. I don't think the Bills have any leverage at all to tell him to skip it. From the job perspective, It should just be understood , and if the guy was any kind of dedicated to winning at all costs and fighting with his brothers on Sundays , he would make it happen. It's clearly his choice, and could have been timed better if he cared. I just no longer think very highly of the guy being on the Bills. It's not my decision, but I'm allowed to have an opinion on it .

Ok now give Mrs. Clay some pitocin and get this kid outta there! Air Pegs awaits?

Exactly. Load her up on the vitamin P and yank that little Clay soldier outta there already.

By the way, did anyone ever think about how nice and smooth a scheduled C-section would have gone for everyone involved here. Certainly nicer on the baby, my daughter barely knew she was born. Great way to enter the world and if it helps us beat Oakland, well.......

Exactly. Load her up on the vitamin P and yank that little Clay soldier outta there already.

By the way, did anyone ever think about how nice and smooth a scheduled C-section would have gone for everyone involved here. Certainly nicer on the baby, my daughter barely knew she was born. Great way to enter the world and if it helps us beat Oakland, well.......

Yep.

But the upside of just taking a day off because he can is that Clay gets a week off to rest one of his 20 separate injuries and maybe he feels better and makes some important plays against Pitt next week. Much bigger game.

Stevie Johnson played a day after his mother died and was traded a month later.

Players get paid a lot of money because of their talent and put their long term at health. Teams have no loyalty so I have zero issues with a player choosing his family over a game. I feel the same way with every other profession and if you work in a place where you can't get off for the birth of a child, you work in a horrible place.

So cuz SJ13's mother died, the BIlls should have kept him?

No loyalty? I don't get it. Im pretty sure the Bills were very loyal when they signed him to a 36 million dollar deal a few years prior. BTW, Bills got the raw end of that deal!

C-Section is the way to go. We planned our date so it wouldnt interfere with my weekend golf game. It will be 5 years in 11 days. Happy Birthday little guy!

Just read this entire thread. I need to step outside to cool off from #BADOL's series of flaming hot sports takes. Giving old Skip Bayless a run for his money.

Just read this entire thread. I need to step outside to cool off from #BADOL's series of flaming hot sports takes. Giving old Skip Bayless a run for his money.