Kevon Seymour starting - good

With Gilmore almost sure to be gone next year, time to get the kid in there. Tall, fast, looks to have ball skills. Go play against the best and see how he matches up. Saw this coming during training camp. Hope it works out. Go Bills. And keep Meeks off the da-n field.

as opposed to trying to win this year?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if Sanders is a good example here......qbs were practically afraid to throw at him essentially creating a no fly zone on that side for fear of a pick

Gilmore doesnt do that

So how good of a player gets that treatment? You've given sanders a pass. You seem to forget how unlikable the businessman that revis is was.

Is it just best in a generation? Top 3? 5?

Maj.....there are have been instance this year where he frankly gave up on plays then turned around and started blaming team mates

Its not that he isnt a very good player.....he is....it is that he wants to be paid like he is one of the BEST at his position......when Revis was in his prime would we ever have seen him give up on a play?

THAT is my problem with him.....amazing talent......though

I can only imagine what this board would have thought of revis---

14th pick that held out til mid august for top 10 pay

In his 4th year of a deal paying him those much higher bucks he held out til September to have an unheard of payday and came in and injured his hamstring

And was immediately talking about his next deal

He was great but this board would be roasting him too

I understand it. He has a payday riding in finishing this season Healthy.

The best ever Sanders did it his entire career

I can understand it too. However, not all players are like this. Many are, I get it both ways from the players side. My thought is when players play not to get hurt and for the big pay day....is that the player that you want and is going to play hard for 5 or 6 years for you for big $$$? Every long term big $$$ deal is a risk, but, I would not want to make that wager on a player like Gilmore or who IMO is not all in for football reasons.

So how good of a player gets that treatment? You've given sanders a pass. You seem to forget how unlikable the businessman that revis is was.

Is it just best in a generation? Top 3? 5?

I can only imagine what this board would have thought of revis---

14th pick that held out til mid august for top 10 pay

In his 4th year of a deal paying him those much higher bucks he held out til September to have an unheard of payday and came in and injured his hamstring

And was immediately talking about his next deal

He was great but this board would be roasting him too

I was not the one that brought up Sanders.......

Gilmore wants that kind of money though

I was not the one that brought up Sanders.......

Gilmore wants that kind of money though

The thing is very good coverage corners tend to be a bit moody, they tend to have egos and frankly just like a qb they tend to know that they are rare and their value isn't in blowing up a guy at the point of attack.

Odds are he doesn't blow away the market and set new records but odds are he's paid with the top group

why are you bring up TT in a discussion at another position

I thought Norman was way overpaid

Gilmore is also not taking on Blount and Gronk head up this year....he is shying away from contact

Because it is funny that a guy that has been very good for years get white washed for not giving his all to. Team that didn't extend him but knee jerk reacts and extends another pKyer after 1 avg at best year

The thing is very good coverage corners tend to be a bit moody, they tend to have egos and frankly just like a qb they tend to know that they are rare and their value isn't in blowing up a guy at the point of attack.

Odds are he doesn't blow away the market and set new records but odds are he's paid with the top group

Yeah he's a lot better than Sean Smith........Watkins made Smith look ridiculous last year.......and Smith got $9.5M per over 4 years. :doh:

Gilmore is going to get a lot closer to $15M than we are going to want to see based on his tendency to slump, give variable effort and get injured.

He's played a lot better after getting broiled by the media and fans a few weeks back.

This has been his MO.......he has had other instances where he was bad early and then played better after criticism.

He has made business decisions in a Contract year. Not going to kill him for that when he has been very good (yes Norman level of not better) since he has been here

If you play a position on the field put your all into it or go home. He lost his place here because he quit on the team to save his own body for the second half of the year to be shown the money. Very Marioesque if you ask me. He aint no Kyle for sure

Gilmore is good.

The defense will not be as good without him FOR SURE.

I think he is worth top 10 CB money, or at least what janoris jenkins got from the giants last off-season.

The Bills still have the franchise tag available to them.

I would think the smart play would be to franchise him and draft a CB in the first 2 rounds in the draft.

Gilmore had huge game changing breakdowns in 2 home division losses to Jets and NE. I would say he was the player most to blame for those 2 losses. It seems that the last few weeks he decided to go after the big pay day and has played with more intensity.

I want him on the team and will be disappointed if he signs somewhere else. Everyone gets beat sometimes in the NFL and he is one of the better CBs in the league. But his inconsistent effort is the difference between the very top guys like Sherman and Norman. Those 2 get beat on occasion too, but their high intensity and willingness and desire to hit is contagious to their teammates.

Gilmore had huge game changing breakdowns in 2 home division losses to Jets and NE. I would say he was the player most to blame for those 2 losses. It seems that the last few weeks he decided to go after the big pay day and has played with more intensity.

I want him on the team and will be disappointed if he signs somewhere else. Everyone gets beat sometimes in the NFL and he is one of the better CBs in the league. But his inconsistent effort is the difference between the very top guys like Sherman and Norman. Those 2 get beat on occasion too, but their high intensity and willingness and desire to hit is contagious to their teammates.

He had 2 bad games; by no measure was he the reason for losing either game.

He was bad against the Jets; Darby was worse.

Brady shredded our entire secondary.

Save for those two games, he's actually been very good.

He has played well ever since being here just a couple bad games here and there

But people want to run him off because of his post draft reaction

Ever since we lost Aaron Williams, it is our Safeties that have sucked.

He had 2 bad games; by no measure was he the reason for losing either game.

He was bad against the Jets; Darby was worse.

Brady shredded our entire secondary.

Save for those two games, he's actually been very good.

I'd say his play has fluctuated and he was part of the problem during the losing streaks but on the whole has at least been close to very good in coverage.

His tackling was part of that but he's picked that up significantly of late after the criticism was about to become PFT level rather than local.

I am not a big fan but barring a significant change they should draft someone early and franchise him.

I wouldn't give him a long term deal........he's not trustworthy, IMO.

Last week I believe the QB threw Gilmore's way only 2 times.

Gilmore is a middle of the pack Corner. Take it for what its worth. If the Bills have money somewhere, pay him. If not, whatever.

The best part of the game for me was seeing him read the screen and close from an off position. He's had his struggles in off-man and zone reps but that was a sign that he might be learning to transition better.

I'd say his play has fluctuated and he was part of the problem during the losing streaks but on the whole has at least been close to very good in coverage.

His tackling was part of that but he's picked that up significantly of late after the criticism was about to become PFT level rather than local.

I am not a big fan but barring a significant change they should draft someone early and franchise him.

I wouldn't give him a long term deal........he's not trustworthy, IMO.

And that is the problem....As a player representing a team of 44 players, you cannot be selfish and pick and choose when to play.