We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I get it, my friend. Once we talk about nickel packages and beyond, Reggie has something of a black mark against his name. Pre-ACL, I thought he was a 3-down LB. Afterwards, it's up in the air.

It was an injury that raises questions about his long term 3-down longevity. Still adore Reggie but the recovery is key. Has to be clean.

Sometimes I think people just look at a 40 time and assume a LB can't play 3 downs, but instincts are more important than speed and they say Reggie's instincts are great.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I think people just look at a 40 time and assume a LB can't play 3 downs, but instincts are more important than speed and they say Reggie's instincts are great.

I was comfortable with Reggie as a three-downer pre-injury. If your LB is running 40 yards, much like your OL, you're !@#$ed.

In a zone drop heavy scheme, Reggie should be fine. Current scheme, he's a good pick. That might not be the case under another DC/HC. Jury is out for now until we know roles/responsibilities going forward.

who do you think you are? He's a liability until he proves YOU wrong. You think quite highly of yourself. The guy has never played an NFL snap, but you know already he's a liability. Unreal.

Yes he is a liability in my mind i have watched him a ton. So he has to prove Me wring before i take the 2 down thumper tag off him. See how that works. He is the only one thag can change my opinion of him after watching his skills in college.

Funny how that works on a message board isnt it.

Without Tyrod the running game changes dramatically.

No it doesnt all that goes away is some of the read option stuff

Do NOT let Tyrod walk out that door unless you know there is someone BETTER to replace him. It would be a huge mistake.

People need to stop listening to WGR and the media tweets about Tyrod.

Do they have to also start ignoring what they see on the field with him.

No i watched him play at Alabama and yes i question his range and speed to be a 3 down backer in NFL. Even his own defensive guru coach took him off the field against Clemson because he had issues with Clemsons team speed

You cut the cord without a better option? Ohhh, that should work just fine.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

No i watched him play at Alabama and yes i question his range and speed to be a 3 down backer in NFL. Even his own defensive guru coach took him off the field against Clemson because he had issues with Clemsons team speed

You might be right, but I want to see him play on in the NFL over a course of at least half a season before I make any determinations on him.

You cut the cord without a better option? Ohhh, that should work just fine.

Teams do it all the time and look at Oakland they did it 3 years ago ans are in the playoffs

Why would you want to see a guy play in the NFL before you determined if he could play in the NFL?

Hence my statment he is a liability until he proves me otherwise. Not once did i ever say he cant. Just dont think he will.

I think, within the organisation, the hope is that Kolby Listenbee can be that guy. I think they chose to redshirt him effectively, cure everything that ails him.

That's the kind of skill set Tyrod needs to thrive. We know he can throw deep to Sammy but getting some chemistry with Listenbee would be ideal. Especially as he's dirt cheap for another 3 years.

Glad SOMEONE remembered Listenbee when discussing a succession plan to goodwin

There are a lot of reasons. Shady is great. Gillislee is a tremendous backup. Glenn, Incognito and Wood until he was hurt are good. Kromer is one of the best OL coaches in the game. Tyrod is also a substantial part, not even counting his yards. Our line is not as good as it appears to be at times because of Tyrod. I would argue that excellent franchise QBs, like Flacco and Eli and Rivers, amongst others, would look terrible on our offense without Watkins. It's unknowable but I'm fairly certain that would be true. They would be crushed.

Franchise QBs being crushed is irrelevant because I am not arguing that our line is a good pass protecting line. I am arguing that it is a very good run blocking line. Does defenses having to play Tyrod keeping it help? Sure. No doubt. But this line (and Felton) blows people up in the run game. 2nd best run blocking line in the league after Dallas.

Franchise QBs being crushed is irrelevant because I am not arguing that our line is a good pass protecting line. I am arguing that it is a very good run blocking line. Does defenses having to play Tyrod keeping it help? Sure. No doubt. But this line (and Felton) blows people up in the run game. 2nd best run blocking line in the league after Dallas.

No its all Tyrod. Nevermind Shady and his career year wirh Nick Foles. TT makes Shady better.

I contend Bills weapons make TT AVG

I think Tyrod earned his extension with the TD drive late. He did play well the entire game. You see what a difference Watkins makes. Our offense is clearly not the problem. The alternatives are awful. He grew up a lot over the last few games. He was terrific this game. There are a LOT of things he needs to get better in to be a top tier QB but those are so tough to find that we can't afford to lose him. Keep him, groom Cardale, take a chance on another developmental guy in the 4th or 5th round that has all the physical tools to be the number 3.

Agreed. I was against re-signing him, but (a) i think he can improve, (b) there are no better short-term options, and © NFL QB $$ is going to increase exponentially again this year and Tyrod's deal will look cheap in retrospect. Edited by mannc