True/False on Taylor & Offense

Alphadawg7

Hope you're right as this is one thing that actually can be learned. There's many a good NFL QB that took a long time to become good. Vinny T bounced around in mediocrity for a long time. Kurt Warner was another.

Someone said last week that Taylor is a incredible athlete with very good arm talent that has trouble reading defenses.....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Partly yes, when they directly contribute to the problems of the defense.

Yup the defense getting tired can be an issue.

I mean, the defense is 12th in points allowed this season. Clearly there's a problem somewhere. Maybe the offense being 19th in yards.

This makes me feel stupid all these years I've been watching the scoreboard and it's actually the team with the most yards that wins stupid me.

Yup the defense getting tired can be an issue.

This makes me feel stupid all these years I've been watching the scoreboard and it's actually the team with the most yards that wins stupid me.

Somehow, even with the 8th scoring offense, we didn't out score the opposing team in 5/11 games. I think that's the obvious point. Edited by jmc12290

The "issue" isnt any single player. The Bills as a TEAM need to learn how to consistently win. Plenty of games where the offense scores more than enough and we lose. Plenty of games where the defense is serviceable and we lose.

Then you have games where we beat ourselves with penalties and just piss poor play as a TEAM. I still say the arrow is pointing up and I have a good feeling about the direction we're going in.

Get healthy. Limit penalties. Play smart. 10-6.

Agreed but I think if we do all 3 it's 11-5.

Did you watch Wilson last night against Tampa ?

Cost my buddy the playoffs in his fantasy league. His other QB was TT. He picked up Sammy at my suggestion but didn't start him this week. He would have won with those two. I find a lot of non Bills fans think we will make the playoffs and Sammy will be the difference especially if Harvin and Woods get and stay healthy.

Somehow, even with the 8th scoring offense, we didn't out score the opposing team in 5/11 games. I think that's the obvious point.

The stat your looking for is Time of Possession, we aren't to far off from the opponent in that area but I would like to see it get better. The big thing with Sammy back is it changes the way other defenses have to play us so we will get more 1st downs I believe not sure they will be on 3rd but we may get them. Our opponents do have 17 more first downs than we do and that ain't bad but I would like to see it better. But we ain't as bad as some of you think. We have sucked for a long time I get it. But I see a difference with this team when guy's go down others step up, Our depth has gotten better although I think the Whaley haters won't want to hear that. Our team tends to adjust better than in a long time the Rex haters won't want to hear that. I think we are in good shape and not just this year.

Edited by manbeast

The issue is very easy to figure out.

The way the Bills are built they have to play perfect complimentary football or they lose. Defense Struggles offense not good enough to pick em up. Offense struggled defense not good enough to pick them up.

So there you have it

The way the Bills are built they have to play perfect complimentary football or they lose. Defense Struggles offense not good enough to pick em up. Offense struggled defense not good enough to pick them up.

So there you have it

Huh? Didn't that just happen the last two weeks?

Not having A. Williams is most likely the biggest issue with the D. They need 2 people on the back end who understand the D, and being athletic (duke Williams) is not sufficient. Jim Leonard thrived with Rex.

You are correct, the O is doing enough to win even with the worst WR core in the league, sans Sammy.

So there you have it

There is a lot of this that I agree with. The team is not strong enough to support one side playing horribly bad.

This is true for a lot of teams in the league though. I feel that this falls on the D though cuz Rex...they need to be more consistant. The offense is 9th in scoring points in the league.

The only mental gymnastics being done are by people constantly looking for reasons to criticize. Plenty of players/teams/coaches/and writers within the NFL have said great things about Tyrod.

Taylor is a great athlete with good arm strength.

He is sub par in reading defenses, accuracy, and pocket presence.

There is a lot of this that I agree with. The team is not strong enough to support one side playing horribly bad.

This is true for a lot of teams in the league though. I feel that this falls on the D though cuz Rex...they need to be more consistant. The offense is 9th in scoring points in the league.

I disagree actually though. The offense is top 8 in scoring, and his higher than that since firing Roman. They have accomplished this without Watkins most the year, its best receiving threat by a mile. We lost McCoy for close to 3 games (1 he didn't play, another he didn't really play, and another he was out in the 2nd quarter). We lost Robert Woods for parts of the season and he played hurt many of the games he did play. We havent had any benefit from Harvin, who had to be a starter due to injuries and is already missing games again. We had injuries to our other WR's to the point that we have guys who started that were not on our roster when the season began. We lost Wood and had other OL injuries. Clay is been playing with minor injuries.

I mean, our whole offense has been hurt for significant parts of the season outside of Taylor. Yet, him and Lynn have this offense scoring a lot of points despite all that. Now imagine what this offense could be once we have Watkins and Woods on the field healthy at the same time to go along with McCoy and Taylors running games. Add in a healthy Harvin as a third player to stretch the field along with Goodwins speed and Hunters size, and all of a sudden, this offense could be even better and I think good enough to carry this team. Because lets be honest, the offense has more often than not had to carry the team with the defensive struggles. We dont have a winning record if not for the offense right now.

I disagree actually though. The offense is top 8 in scoring, and his higher than that since firing Roman. They have accomplished this without Watkins most the year, its best receiving threat by a mile. We lost McCoy for close to 3 games (1 he didn't play, another he didn't really play, and another he was out in the 2nd quarter). We lost Robert Woods for parts of the season and he played hurt many of the games he did play. We havent had any benefit from Harvin, who had to be a starter due to injuries and is already missing games again. We had injuries to our other WR's to the point that we have guys who started that were not on our roster when the season began. We lost Wood and had other OL injuries. Clay is been playing with minor injuries.

I mean, our whole offense has been hurt for significant parts of the season outside of Taylor. Yet, him and Lynn have this offense scoring a lot of points despite all that. Now imagine what this offense could be once we have Watkins and Woods on the field healthy at the same time to go along with McCoy and Taylors running games. Add in a healthy Harvin as a third player to stretch the field along with Goodwins speed and Hunters size, and all of a sudden, this offense could be even better and I think good enough to carry this team. Because lets be honest, the offense has more often than not had to carry the team with the defensive struggles. We dont have a winning record if not for the offense right now.

The Bills are middle of the pack or higher compared to the rest of the league in terms of injuries.

The Bills are middle of the pack or higher compared to the rest of the league in terms of injuries.

Nope, you are wrong again...you know why, because for the last freaking time NO TWO TEAMS INJURIES ARE EQUAL. I dont care that other teams have more scrubs hurt...you can't look at NUMBER of injuries and compare them equally. I am so sick of this naive and misguided garbage statement of comparing numbers of players hurt rather than looking at the IMPACT of the ACTUAL players hurt in terms of their IMPORTANCE to the teams success.

Guess what, if just ONE...just ONE...player is hurt in NO and his name is Drew Brees, that would be a worse injury than some team that has 15 players hurt who aren't really that important to a team as Brees is to the Saints. So STOPPPPPPPPPP with worthless statement of where we are in terms of injuries compared to other teams. Because I can assure you that most teams that have the ENTIRE offensive skill positions hurt MOST of the year, and some of their backups, dont tend to win many games.

If you can show me a dozen teams with better records than us that has lost its entire receiving group for most the season and seen several play hurt even when on the field, combined with losing one of the best RB's in football for almost 3 games, combined with losing key OL people for parts or all of the season, etc...then we can talk about being "middle of the pack"...otherwise you and everyone else needs to retire this utterly worthless blanket statement BS of how we are middle of the pack in terms of injuries.

And I didn't even include our best Safety, best DL, top 2 draft picks, DB's, LB's, best ST player, etc.