True/False on Taylor & Offense

Alphadawg7

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why aren't we top 10 in wins? Could it have something to do with an offense that can't sustain drives?

No it has something with defense and special teams being 2/3 of a football team. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Why arent the saints top 10 in wins? They must not sustain enough drives either.

Why aren't we top 10 in wins? Could it have something to do with an offense that can't sustain drives?

It could.

It could also have to do with a defense that under performed last year.

It could also have to do with injuries both this year and last year to top flight talent on the team (Shady, Dareus, A Williams, Sammy this year, A Williams, K Williams, Shady, last year)

It could also have to do with a struggling RT this year and RT/RG last year.

It could also have to do with the OC who was jettisoned after 2 games this year.

It could be a lot of things...

It could.

It could also have to do with injuries both this year and last year to top flight talent on the team (Shady, Dareus, A Williams, Sammy this year, A Williams, K Williams, Shady, last year)

It could also have to do with the OC who was jettisoned after 2 games this year.

It could be for sure.

I'll keep repeating this until it sinks in: we're 8-7 in games where we score 25 or more since 2015. The Chiefs are 12-1. That's the difference between the playoffs and .500.

This year we rank 8th in the NFL in points scored. 8 of the 11 games we've played have been against defenses that rank in the top 15 in Total Defense on NFL.com.

All this with no Sammy, Woods gone, pretty much every other WR gone, and Shady missing games. And we're still 8th in points scored. Talk about having to do mental gymnastics to discredit TT. He has been the only constant on offense this season.

Edited by bobobonators

Someone said last week that Taylor is a incredible athlete with very good arm talent that has trouble reading defenses.....

I think so far this is an accurate take..and the bills are hoping that last one develops....and consider the first 2 good enough given the scheme.

Tyrod doesnt throw it if he thinks its gonna get picked.....he is very conservative because we are running the ball well and controlling the game.

We get into trouble when we get in shootouts.....that is gonna have to change.

Yesterday was the first time I thought to myself Taylor reminds me of Vick. Taylor showed no touch when trying to hit a RB five yards down field. Taylor showed poor pocket awareness at times. Then Taylor would make an incredible run showing his speed. Taylor would also come back with just enough good passes to make you say ' why can't he do that all the time'?

Vick was good enough to take teams to the playoffs. I think Taylor has much better surrounding cast then Vick did. Here's hoping!

He is very hesitant and plays not to loss rather than to win. On noticed on one third down he had Goodwin open running back to him and instead of throwing it he run out of bounds short of the first down, I'm sure with all 22 there are more examples of this. Also, they should do more straight QB draws right up the middle. He needs to run with aggression because lets admit he will never be a Russell Wilson pocket QB, if he gets hurt so be it, get hurt trying to win and then lets see what Jones has to offer.

No it has something with defense and special teams being 2/3 of a football team. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Why arent the saints top 10 in wins? They must not sustain enough drives either.

Do they have a terrible third down conversion rate and high 3 and out percentage? Oh. No.

It could.

If the defense sucks, clearly being top 10 in points and deficient elsewhere on offense is not good enough, no matter how many times you say it is.

Tyrod can't keep up this pace of running and taking shots. He will get injured and over time get slower and slower and less allusive and eventually he will be Michael Vick from the Steelers a couple years ago. He needs to learn how to be a pocket passer which he clearly is not. The offense works, for now, because he is so athletic. But he hangs on to the ball too long and can't anticipate throws. He is not a franchise QB

Does he need to be a franchise QB? Or simply a solid starter.

By the way...the vick comparison? I seem to remember years where Vick was quite affective....then did prison time. I would think the time away of the game also had a lot to so with his downfall

Do they have a terrible third down conversion rate and high 3 and out percentage? Oh. No.

If the defense sucks, clearly being top 10 in points and deficient elsewhere on offense is not good enough, no matter how many times you say it is.

I dont understand what youre saying here. Are you arguing that if the defense sucks yet we're top 10 in pts scored on offense the reason we lose is bc the offense isnt good enough? What kind of a circular argument is that??

Does he need to be a franchise QB? Or simply a solid starter.

By the way...the vick comparison? I seem to remember years where Vick was quite affective....then did prison time. I would think the time away of the game also had a lot to so with his downfall

For the contract he just signed simple solid won't cut it.

I dont understand what youre saying here. Are you arguing that if the defense sucks yet we're top 10 in pts scored on offense the reason we lose is bc the offense isnt good enough? What kind of a circular argument is that??

Partly yes, when they directly contribute to the problems of the defense.

I mean, the defense is 12th in points allowed this season. Clearly there's a problem somewhere. Maybe the offense being 19th in yards.

Holy sh*t. The defense is 12th in points and where doespecially the offense rank in ppg (hint it's higher than 12th).

For the contract he just signed simple solid won't cut it.

You mean the contract that will make him the 20th highest paid qb? Edited by section122

The "issue" isnt any single player. The Bills as a TEAM need to learn how to consistently win. Plenty of games where the offense scores more than enough and we lose. Plenty of games where the defense is serviceable and we lose.

Then you have games where we beat ourselves with penalties and just piss poor play as a TEAM. I still say the arrow is pointing up and I have a good feeling about the direction we're going in.

Get healthy. Limit penalties. Play smart. 10-6.

Holy sh*t. The defense is 12th in points and where doespecially the offense rank in ppg (hint it's higher than 12th).

You mean the contract that will make him the 20th highest paid qb?

5 years at 90 million is the 20th are you sure???

He is very hesitant and plays not to loss rather than to win. On noticed on one third down he had Goodwin open running back to him and instead of throwing it he run out of bounds short of the first down, I'm sure with all 22 there are more examples of this. Also, they should do more straight QB draws right up the middle. He needs to run with aggression because lets admit he will never be a Russell Wilson pocket QB, if he gets hurt so be it, get hurt trying to win and then lets see what Jones has to offer.

Did you watch Wilson last night against Tampa ?

5 years at 90 million is the 20th are you sure???

Yes next year he will be the 20th highest paid qb. I'm on mobile so I can't link but Google sporttrac and qb salary.

Did you watch Wilson last night against Tampa ?

I often wonder how much other football people watch. Some of the problems people bemoan happen to all teams.