The holes on this team are clear

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love winning but today showed this team is still miles from the finish;

QB - sorry TT when EJ is brought in for an unknown reason to hard count the D theres an issue and Jones, NO MORE PROJECTS!!!

So you already know that Cardale is no good? Can we at least see him take a couple regular season snaps before we kick him to the curb?

So you already know that Cardale is no good? Can we at least see him take a couple regular season snaps before we kick him to the curb?

Cardale couldn't hold his job in College and all of a sudden he is a savior off of a good pre season effort.

Cardale couldn't hold his job in College and all of a sudden he is a savior off of a good pre season effort.

He wasn't recruited by Urban and wasn't recruited to play in that system. Don't confuse pro prospects with college performance. As an example Cardale is, and always was, a better pro prospect than Barrett.

He's by no means a savior but by no means a scrap heap guy. He has elite physical skills but is very raw. They drafted him to try to harness those physical skills knowing that it would take a few years. They are doing exactly what they planned, and what they should, be doing with him

#1 - Safety - if AW retires, Bills will need to replace him...J. Meeks, D. Williams, C. Anderson and R. Blanton are all free agents in 2017 and none of them I'd like to see back...not sure how much longer C. Graham has left and not sure what we have in J. Ihedigbo...Buffalo will need to bring in multiple safeties this off season

#2 - CB - Gilmore has played decent the past couple of games, but still hasn't played like a top 5 CB this year...if he still insists on being paid as a top 5 or even top 10 then Buffalo should move on and look elsewhere...if Gilmore can't find a taker at his price then I wouldn't mind if he stays and then CB won't be a #2 need

#3 - RT - Henderson has been on and off with health and suspensions and J. Mills is a FA in 2017 and hasn't had a stellar year...Bills could use a sturdy Veteran or top notch rookie to help the line

#4 - WR - S. Watkins is the only top tier WR the Bills have...Bills could use another...R. Woods, M. Goodwin, B. Tate and G. Salas are all free agents in 2017..I would like to see all besides Goodwin re-signed...K. Listenbee is still an unknown and J. Hunter hasn't looked to bad so far...I see P. Harvin retiring once again and W. Powell hasn't made any kind of presence this season

#5 - RB - M. Gillislee and R. Bush are both FA's in 2017...I see the Bills keeping Gillislee and letting Bush walk...the Bills need another K. Williams type runner...I can see Bills drafting one in the 5th or 6th round this year

#6 - QB - E.J. Manuel is a FA in 2017 leaving just C. Jones to back up T. Taylor...I can see the Bills opting to keep Taylor knowing that they can kick him out in another 2 years if needed...depending on how the Bills feel Jones progression has gone so far, they will need to bring in either a back up for Taylor or a couple of arms for pre-season/camp

edit - I totally forgot G. Salas was cut a few weeks ago...if he clears waivers and is healthy then the Bills could re-sign him after 3 weeks has passed from the cut

edit #2 - forgot about D.Williams being cut also....doesn't change my post much tho...:)

Edited by Tsaikotic

the safeties behind the starters are almost too bad to believe...from Duke to Blanton to Meeks yesterday the moved White over there until Darby was injured. Rex's defense relies on versatile good safety play and of course they arent getting it. As pointed out by Buerlein on the broadcast the perfect defense was called it should be a pick...instead it's a touchdown. I don't know what they can do but playing Meeks is out, Ihedbigo is brought in off the couch and he starts right away - he might round into shape his missed tackles are somewhat understandable. Maybe its Sergio Brown another off the waiver wire turn that is a frustrating mess.

the quarterback doesn't look pretty he doesn't play your typical quarterback, runs into sacks, misses guys, doesn't use the middle. What he does do is make big plays and puts up points, makes critical runs throws a good deep ball and is tough and I believe is a good leader. They could let him throw 30-32 times a game put up 240-250 a game but then your mixing in turnovers, what do we have McCoy for airing it out to 4 of 5 wideouts marginal NFL players at best. Tyrod still is developing he has 16 touchdowns and 4 picks also hasnt lost a fumble. For me I'm not looking for big fantasy numbers, just play smart , make plays put up points and win. Two years a starter 14-11 after 25 games that is not too bad now finish at 11-5. Cardale Jones has great raw tools but he's nowhere near starting for anyone- setting up protection the things that we don't think about - reason he lost his starting job in college. He's a project like 3or 4 years

QB - sorry TT when EJ is brought in for an unknown reason to hard count the D theres an issue and Jones, NO MORE PROJECTS!!!

WR - 1 superstar away from an offense w/o a QB

S - Meeks stinks

Hopefully WR and S can be addressed in the draft

As for QB - Right now i'd trade half the defensive stars for a prototypical, born to be leader QB for one year: unfortunately that might be Romo.

Give Rex a good QB and he'll be our long term coaching solution.

1. I like TT when it comes to his athleticism, but not as a passer. His vision downfield is way too inconsistent. I disagree with the QB sneak option with bigger bodied guys like EJ and Jones. It's one dimensional, predictable, and just plain stupid! I've seen Brees do it a million times, especially this past Sunday, and he is actually smaller than TT.
  2. I honestly like our WR core, it's just that TT can't seem to find the open guy downfield. I'm sure this has been addressed a million times this year, nut there still hasn't been any improvement.
  3. Safety was a big topic last season, but wasn't addressed in the draft because we already had a few younger talents on the roster, which is why we went after vets. This offseason I'd be shocked if we didn't take at least two safeties in the draft with Williams situation and Graham's age.
  4. I do think the Bills will go after another WR next year, but I pray to the Football Gods it's not a first round pick
  5. Lastly, Romo is the biggest joke ever! He'd be out for the season after one hit, so you better get a great backup QB as well.

WR - 1 superstar away from an offense w/o a QB

S - Meeks stinks

Hopefully WR and S can be addressed in the draft

As for QB - Right now i'd trade half the defensive stars for a prototypical, born to be leader QB for one year: unfortunately that might be Romo.

Give Rex a good QB and he'll be our long term coaching solution.

E.J. has been brought in a few times this season on 4th down to do the hard count and try to draw the defense off sides...problem with this is that when E.J. enters, the defense knows exactly what he's trying to do and they sit still

Edited by Tsaikotic

He wasn't recruited by Urban and wasn't recruited to play in that system. Don't confuse pro prospects with college performance. As an example Cardale is, and always was, a better pro prospect than Barrett.

He's by no means a savior but by no means a scrap heap guy. He has elite physical skills but is very raw. They drafted him to try to harness those physical skills knowing that it would take a few years. They are doing exactly what they planned, and what they should, be doing with him

No one can argue that Cardale wasn't a raw prospect who was going to take a few years to get to the point where one can make a fair judgment on him. No one can argue that he doesn't have physical tools to work with and polish. However, when I watch Russell or Carr or Prescott I see players who were more advanced and polished when they were being evaluated in their respective drafts. Our organization passed on those better prospects. None of the listed prospects had to be drafted near the top of the draft. With Carr we could have traded down in the first round and still have acquired him.

I'm happy with the Jacksonville win yet I came away disappointed with the realization that is now more confirmed that TT simply isn't a franchise qb. If you can't make reads and go through your progressions then you will not be a quality starter in the NFL. As discussed on WGR the player who is most diminished because of the flaws in Tyrod's game is Clay. He is a good receiving TE who can't be utilized properly because of the play of the qb.

I'm not a TT basher. Quite the contrary, I have been a strong advocate for him with the expectation that he would get better. But it it is evident to me that the flaws in his came relate to the innate aspect of the position which he simply doesn't have. My frustration with this organization, and especially the front office, is that if it would have made securing the qb position a priority in the draft and been smart about it over the past number of years (Not the EJ desperation pick approach) this team would be a serious team in the league instead of a team wallowing in the ranks of interminable. mediocrity.

#1 - Safety - if AW retires, Bills will need to replace him...J. Meeks, D. Williams, C. Anderson and R. Blanton are all free agents in 2017 and none of them I'd like to see back...not sure how much longer C. Graham has left and not sure what we have in J. Ihedigbo...Buffalo will need to bring in multiple safeties this off season

#2 - CB - Gilmore has played decent the past couple of games, but still hasn't played like a top 5 CB this year...if he still insists on being paid as a top 5 or even top 10 then Buffalo should move on and look elsewhere...if Gilmore can't find a taker at his price then I wouldn't mind if he stays and then CB won't be a #2 need

#3 - RT - Henderson has been on and off with health and suspensions and J. Mills is a FA in 2017 and hasn't had a stellar year...Bills could use a sturdy Veteran or top notch rookie to help the line

#4 - WR - S. Watkins is the only top tier WR the Bills have...Bills could use another...R. Woods, M. Goodwin, B. Tate and G. Salas are all free agents in 2017..I would like to see all besides Goodwin re-signed...K. Listenbee is still an unknown and J. Hunter hasn't looked to bad so far...I see P. Harvin retiring once again and W. Powell hasn't made any kind of presence this season

#5 - RB - M. Gillislee and R. Bush are both FA's in 2017...I see the Bills keeping Gillislee and letting Bush walk...the Bills need another K. Williams type runner...I can see Bills drafting one in the 5th or 6th round this year

#6 - QB - E.J. Manuel is a FA in 2017 leaving just C. Jones to back up T. Taylor...I can see the Bills opting to keep Taylor knowing that they can kick him out in another 2 years if needed...depending on how the Bills feel Jones progression has gone so far, they will need to bring in either a back up for Taylor or a couple of arms for pre-season/camp

edit - I totally forgot G. Salas was cut a few weeks ago...if he clears waivers and is healthy then the Bills could re-sign him after 3 weeks has passed from the cut

You also forgot that D Williams was cut cut also.

holes

#1 - RT (if TT played behind dallas Oline he'd be a superstar)

#2 - Safety (pitiful)

#3 - NT (we don't have a true NT, both dareus & kyle are DE's in a 3-4)

#4 - QB (we can win with TT, but i'm all for someone better)

I'm not sure about the assessment that TT would be a superstar behind the Dallas OL.

But I pretty much agree with the list, especially #1 and #2.

Well here is the thing...there are plenty of teams that have QBs that put up QB stats, move the ball up and down the field, but don't score points the way we do...

We score points with Tyrod...a lot of points... his low turnover ratio and lack of fumbles plays a big part in this...very few, if any QBs turn the ball over as rarely as Tyrod...

true. and there in lies the rub. i see this too and its why i havent gone full bore anti tightwad yet. The sad part is, is that with 2 or 3 slants or seam passes, we would have 2 or 3 less 3 n outs per game and score even more points, along w resting our defense longer. Tightwad is truly stupid to not have noticed how he sucks for half a game until he throws a deep ball or hits a tight end on the run. Why cant he start out playing how he finally plays in the third quarter most of the time?

"Prototypical" We get it the reason TT will never be accepted in Buffalo by a lot of people. Athe Dungy''s and the Ryan's He isnt "Prototypical"

Ban this guy.

Id say Rex is probably the biggest hole on the team.

Based on what ? The 12th ranked D ? The elite run game ? The winning record with a crappy qb ?