Chiefs vs Broncos....who the hell do we root for?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what? In 538's real-time playoff probability model, the Bills chances didn't change at all with that OT win by KC. Still sitting at 25%.

Meanwhile: KC now at 93%, Denver all the way down to 54%. Oakland 88%, Pitt 68%, Dolphins 31%, Baltimore 33%.

Desperately need to Steelers to lose next week to the Giants then - obviously - to the Bills

Kubiak on local Denver TV now: "We're gonna try to win around here ..." You know what? Being old enough to have sat there, mouth agape, as Pat "Tie" Dye kicked a field goal to go for a tie in an otherwise-meaningless (other than destroying Syracuse's perfect season) Sugar Bowl, I'm not going to blame Kubiak for not punting and settling for the tie. If you want to avoid losing, that was a terrible call by Kubiak. If you won't be happy with anything other than a win, well, that's a different story.

And it's a decision that Kubiak wouldn't have had the guts to make if he didn't already have a Super Bowl ring ...

Kubiak on local Denver TV now: "We're gonna try to win around here ..." You know what? Being old enough to have sat there, mouth agape, as Pat "Tie" Dye kicked a field goal to go for a tie in an otherwise-meaningless (other than destroying Syracuse's perfect season) Sugar Bowl, I'm not going to blame Kubiak for not punting and settling for the tie. If you want to avoid losing, that was a terrible call by Kubiak. If you won't be happy with anything other than a win, well, that's a different story.

And it's a decision that Kubiak wouldn't have had the guts to make if he didn't already have a Super Bowl ring ...

I think the odds of going for it on a 4th and 10 are better than a 62yd fg.

I think the odds of going for it on a 4th and 10 are better than a 62yd fg.

I was wondering why they didn't do that. Plus if you fail on 4th and 10, assuming there's no sack KC would take over at the true line of scrimmage, not the ~ 8 extra yards closer to the Denver end zone that they'd get taking over at the point of the failed FG.

I was wondering why they didn't do that. Plus if you fail on 4th and 10, assuming there's no sack KC would take over at the true line of scrimmage, not the ~ 8 extra yards closer to the Denver end zone that they'd get taking over at the point of the failed FG.

I agree. I personally wouldve punted it there. But if denver wanted to go for the kill might as well lose with your offense and not a 62yd fg miss by ur kicker. Thats me.

I'm glad they didn't punt. Punting at that point is basically saying you're okay with the tie. I would never be okay with the tie. I'd rather take the gamble and lose, than meekly accept a tie.

Now, I agree that the 62 yard attempt is not a good idea, especially in the cold, and that going for it on 4th and 10 is the better call. But I won't fault Kubiak too much for that.

I agree. I personally wouldve punted it there. But if denver wanted to go for the kill might as well lose with your offense and not a 62yd fg miss by ur kicker. Thats me.

I would have punted and thought Denver was crazy not to do so, but I read this morning that the tiebreaker situation for Denver is bad - they were 1-2 in the division at that point.