NFL.com: Mike Silver Takes an In-depth Look at Kim Pegula

26CornerBlitz

I've said it before DO NOT GET EXERCISED OVER NEGATIVITY IN THE ABSENCE OF SUCCESS.........it's natural and completely warranted.......this is a product whether you like it or not.

The real concern is apathy.

And there is plenty of that.

I decided to go around Rochester and get some supplies and errands done Sunday during the Bills/Bengals game....which I accurately anticipated would be a frustrating snoozer....... and watch it after and in the process I went by tons of TV's and there were lot's of people out at stores and not one place had the game on nor was anyone watching it or listening to it on radio.

I've never seen so little interest in this team in WNY.

People are just so sick of the bad football that it's becoming irrelevant.

The losing is really taking a toll on the regionalization effort........much of central NY is turning back into Steelers/Cowboys country like it was back in the early 80's.

They gotta' do something here this is beyond a few hyper-sensitive folks like you getting bent about criticism.

I agree. In fact I was shopping during the Bengals game. I caught the end of the game and didn't feel like I missed much. A couple years ago I would have never agreed to a shopping trip on Bills game day.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's why you have fans throwing dildos on the field mid game.

It's symbolic in so many ways of this playoff drought.

However, I thought they've had the highest season ticket sales ever the past two seasons?

Two things.

1) The tailgate scene kicks ass. This kind of partying is mostly off limits nowadays......especially in Canada where a lot of the new ticket buyers are coming from. Many of them team-neutral.

2) The kids of the SB era are still filling a lot of those seats. Those kids couldn't wait to grow up and buy Bills tickets. The problem is those folks are leaving that age where they can be relied upon to fill the seats.

The next generation has very, very little interest in the bumbling Bills. Kids don't attach themselves to irrelevant/bad teams. There are WNY'ers in their early 20's with no memory whatsoever of the Bills being anything but garbage.

I'm well past my 30's, and I hate everyone more and more each day.

And I suspect that's a sign of maturity, given that I'm mobbed by idiots.

Count me opposite. I love my fellow humans more and more every day. It's a !@#$ed up world, but most folks are alright. Most.

She should have... "yeah, whatever. You said the exact same thing the last time you were busted in 2014. We can't cut you and you're untradeable and your contract says we can't get any money back if you get suspended again. Stick to the salad on this flight"

Hilarious.

You should try to enjoy life more. This was a nice story. It's newsworthy. And she seems pretty cool.

It wasn't the point of the article, but they surely made a point of mentioning it. As well as the other articles that have come out and called her that.

Like this one: https://www.google.com/amp/us.blastingnews.com/sports/2016/07/rags-to-riches-kim-pegula-s-journey-from-orphan-to-nfl-owner-001011717.amp.html

It's a false narrative and I don't understand the motive to pretend that she pulled herself up by her bootstraps.

They were founded in 83 and Terry had employees in Alaska, so I bet they were doing alright. A young waitress with very little going on caught his divorced eye, and he married her. Whether his net worth was $1M or $1B, it certainly eclipsed hers.

What an embarrassing comment.

I hate that "fans" can't enjoy a win anymore.

I hate that "fans" trash any player who gives them the smallest excuse to do so

I hate "fans" who relish when things go poorly simply so they can say I told you so

I hate "fans" who crusade against the team they are supposed to root for

I hate "fans" who have made up their mind that Rex/Tyrod/etc.. suck and won't listen to any points to the contrary

This week has been annoying on a whole new level. Instead of reading about how the Bills pulled out a tough gritty win I read about how this win doesn't matter, Tyrod is lucky their K missed 2 xps, and same old Bills. Hell I read today that 10-6 should get Rex fired, the Bills are already out of the playoffs, Tyrod should take lessons from Tannehill, and more.

Before I hear from the realists how people should be down on the team and I don't like contrarian opinions...

There are posters who trash everything Bills (scottlaw, jtsp, billsvet) and then there are people who have level headed opinions and fall on either side of the coin (gunnerbill/bandit not liking Tyrod). I don't mind contrarian opinions, in fact it is what I enjoy about this place, but if I know what the tune of your post will be before I even read it....

great post, still not 100% sold on Rex. I'm a contrarian I suppose ...

What if what I think is that Rex isn't better than those guys and we absolutely and obviously are not getting "legitimate NFL coaching" for the first time and a long time?

Then I would say I am interested to see how you would rank those guys. To me at least none of them enjoyed the success Rex has as a HC. Chan is a great OC but was over his head as an OC, Gregg Williams is well Gregg Williams, Jauron had the least enthusiasm of any coach I have ever seen and played the rare bend and break defense, Marrone was a good coach imo but I don't think his schtick will work for very long anywhere he goes.

They gotta' do something here this is beyond a few hyper-sensitive folks like you getting bent about criticism.

:cry::cry::cry:

Maybe hate is too strong of a word. I hate these types of posts like I hate mosquitoes. Not enough to get actually mad but enough to think god d*mn it.

That said Rex has certainly made this team nationally relevant and the Pegulas have brought a level of respect among other owners that I don't think was there with Ralph. Ralph did a ton for the league especially during the afl days but towards the end he did little to help the league and did more to help his coffers (can't really be mad at him for it). I don't mean this as the other owners didn't respect him as a person but that a billionaire sitting at the table ( the 7th richest in the league) commands more respect than someone whose entire net worth is tied up in the Bills.

great post, still not 100% sold on Rex. I'm a contrarian I suppose ...

and that is perfectly ok.

Then I would say I am interested to see how you would rank those guys. To me at least none of them enjoyed the success Rex has as a HC. Chan is a great OC but was over his head as an OC, Gregg Williams is well Gregg Williams, Jauron had the least enthusiasm of any coach I have ever seen and played the rare bend and break defense, Marrone was a good coach imo but I don't think his schtick will work for very long anywhere he goes.

Maybe hate is too strong of a word. I hate these types of posts like I hate mosquitoes. Not enough to get actually mad but enough to think god d*mn it.

That said Rex has certainly made this team nationally relevant and the Pegulas have brought a level of respect among other owners that I don't think was there with Ralph. Ralph did a ton for the league especially during the afl days but towards the end he did little to help the league and did more to help his coffers (can't really be mad at him for it). I don't mean this as the other owners didn't respect him as a person but that a billionaire sitting at the table ( the 7th richest in the league) commands more respect than someone whose entire net worth is tied up in the Bills.

This team is nationally relevant? How so? As being Rex's band of fools?

This team was nationally relevant when we had tons of defensive stars make Pro Bowls and All-Pro teams.

This team is nationally relevant? How so? As being Rex's band of fools?

This team was nationally relevant when we had tons of defensive stars make Pro Bowls and All-Pro teams.

Nationally relevant?

Lol. As a fan, who gives a !@#$ if they are mediocre year in and year out?

Do you see more coverage for the Bills now or when Marrone was the coach? How about when Jauron was the coach?

I was addressing Badols comment about apathy setting in. Rex brings a level of coverage with him. It may certainly be for saying something dumb but as PT Barnum said no publicity is bad publicity. Scott you even mentioned that season ticket sales are up!

Do you see more coverage for the Bills now or when Marrone was the coach? How about when Jauron was the coach?

I was addressing Badols comment about apathy setting in. Rex brings a level of coverage with him. It may certainly be for saying something dumb but as PT Barnum said no publicity is bad publicity. Scott you even mentioned that season ticket sales are up!

National media coverage and fans are two different things.

Rex is still eating lunch off of his first two seasons with the Jets (how many years ago now?). Rex has hardly brought a higher level of respect for the Bills nationally. They still have the same sad sack rep and Rex certainly amps that up with his personality act and his shaky coaching.

Why is it important for a team to be getting more "national coverage", especially if much if it is in the form of mocking the team's HC?

I hate that "fans" can't enjoy a win anymore.

I hate that "fans" trash any player who gives them the smallest excuse to do so

I hate "fans" who relish when things go poorly simply so they can say I told you so

I hate "fans" who crusade against the team they are supposed to root for

I hate "fans" who have made up their mind that Rex/Tyrod/etc.. suck and won't listen to any points to the contrary

This week has been annoying on a whole new level. Instead of reading about how the Bills pulled out a tough gritty win I read about how this win doesn't matter, Tyrod is lucky their K missed 2 xps, and same old Bills. Hell I read today that 10-6 should get Rex fired, the Bills are already out of the playoffs, Tyrod should take lessons from Tannehill, and more.

Before I hear from the realists how people should be down on the team and I don't like contrarian opinions...

There are posters who trash everything Bills (scottlaw, jtsp, billsvet) and then there are people who have level headed opinions and fall on either side of the coin (gunnerbill/bandit not liking Tyrod). I don't mind contrarian opinions, in fact it is what I enjoy about this place, but if I know what the tune of your post will be before I even read it....

I don't hate anybody - not even Donald Trump - but I do get Section122's sentiment.

While I acknowledge the flaws of our HC, QB, etc, I have to root for them. I'm a fan of anyone who wears Bills colors.

While the game wasn't a Super Bowl era type blowout, we still managed a win that kept us somewhat in the playoff hunt. So I whooped and hollered and celebrated like a fan. Then I was surprised when I came onto TBD and discovered other fans didn't share my enthusiasm.

Kyle Williams and other Bills fought hard for that win. I'm sure Cincy fans would love to have the score reversed. Any Sunday when the Bills win is a good Sunday IMHO.

National media coverage and fans are two different things.

It was a great hire for the franchise.

Relevancy, sales, etc.... in terms of the football side of things the hire made little sense and it shows.

Not sure why a fan would care about how much revenue the franchise is pulling in as opposed to winning football games.

Why is it important for a team to be getting more "national coverage", especially if much if it is in the form of mocking the team's HC?

I don't care about the revenue I was addressing Badol's talk of apathy setting in and it being more dangerous than anger. I get his point anger means people still care I just disagree that fans are apathetic and I think record ticket sales proves that point. Rex making the team nationally relevant speaks to people not just in this region caring about the Bills. I live near Syracuse and have seen more Bills fans popping up. The hate that the Super Bowl years created has dissipated and now the Bills are the lovable losers.

I don't hate anybody - not even Donald Trump - but I do get Section122's sentiment.

While I acknowledge the flaws of our HC, QB, etc, I have to root for them. I'm a fan of anyone who wears Bills colors.

While the game wasn't a Super Bowl era type blowout, we still managed a win that kept us somewhat in the playoff hunt. So I whooped and hollered and celebrated like a fan. Then I was surprised when I came onto TBD and discovered other fans didn't share my enthusiasm.

Kyle Williams and other Bills fought hard for that win. I'm sure Cincy fans would love to have the score reversed. Any Sunday when the Bills win is a good Sunday IMHO.

I don't hate anyone either but the bolded was what I was getting at. This win could be looked at as a hard fought win against a conference foe on the road, that many people had chalked up as a loss if they are being honest with themselves, and all I read is how bad the team is. This place is more fun after a Bills win except after this one for some reason.

i love how we went from a real nice story about our owner to how much fans around here suck and how we are a doomed franchise because of our past history, because you know, past results guarantee future results..... :wallbash::doh:

AKA a typical day on TSW from the usual suspects.