Get Kirk Cousins in the offseason.

IF Cousins becomes available we should be all over signing him. He is not the athlete nor has the arm of TT but clearly is the better QB. This team is forever on the verge and more than likely we will be just short of the playoffs again. We are short on WRs this yr but even when had all our weapons TT did not utilize them. The one thing this team has lacked during the draught is the passer to get us to the playoffs and Cousins would be just the guy to get the job done.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF Cousins becomes available we should be all over signing him. He is not the athlete nor has the arm of TT but clearly is the better QB. This team is forever on the verge and more than likely we will be just short of the playoffs again. We are short on WRs this yr but even when had all our weapons TT did not utilize them. The one thing this team has lacked during the draught is the passer to get us to the playoffs and Cousins would be just the guy to get the job done.

Bills do need a True Pocket Passer. Guarantee you all those poor thrown passes yesterday are better with Cousins. Plus more TD's instead of Field Goals.

Cousins is an upgrade.... question is how much of one? Is it enough to throw the $23m a year he will want at him?

Is Tyrod at $16.5m actually better value of the two? Moving from Tyrod to Cousins costs you another player or two. I am open minded to it... he has certainly impressed me Cousins since the middle of last season he has played better than I ever thought him capable. He does have great weapons there in Washington though, which he wouldn't here.

EDIT: Should also say I think Washington are going to decide that they do LIKE THAT and pay him - they played it absolutely spot on last year with the franchise tag. Was a very, very good decision.

Edited by GunnerBill

Cousins is an upgrade.... question is how much of one? Is it enough to throw the $23m a year he will want at him?

Is Tyrod at $16.5m actually better value of the two? Moving from Tyrod to Cousins costs you another player or two. I am open minded to it... he has certainly impressed me Cousins since the middle of last season he has played better than I ever thought him capable. He does have great weapons there in Washington though, which he wouldn't here.

EDIT: Should also say I think Washington are going to decide that they do LIKE THAT and pay him - they played it absolutely spot on last year with the franchise tag. Was a very, very good decision.

Probably a lot...dude is averaging about 305 yards a game thru the air this season...that's impressive...Tyrod still doesn't have a 300 yard game as a QB.

Cousins is on the verge of becoming a great QB in this league...doubtful Washington let's him go

Edited by matter2003

Washington's signing him to a long term contract. We won't have a chance at him.

Almost certainly. He's currently playing under the franchise tag and Washington has the option - and cap space - to tag him again if they can't get a long term deal done before next season. Doesn't look like he will hit the market.

Gruden was throwing him under the bus and his teammates hated him a few weeks ago.

Things change fast with a few wins.

Yeah, that was complete nonsense, IMO...dude posted a 4100+ yard season last year to go with 29 TDs 11 INTs and a 101.6 QB rating and has seemingly gotten better this year...he is a legit upper tier QB right now...I'd take him over Roethlesberger at this point...he has not impressed me this year

I like Cousins and have for awhile. However he did luck out by playing GB in prime time who gives it up like whoooooore on D every week. So everyone saw what was probably his best game. GB almost put Mariota in the HOF last week off that game alone. Capers has to be finito.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Almost certainly. He's currently playing under the franchise tag and Washington has the option - and cap space - to tag him again if they can't get a long term deal done before next season. Doesn't look like he will hit the market.

unrestricted free agent 2017.....

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/kirk-cousins-9915/

I like Cousins and have for awhile. However he did luck out by playing GB in prime time who gives it up like whoooooore on D every week. They almost put Mariota in the HOF last week off that game alone. Capers has to be finito.

He is AVERAGING 305 yards a game passing this year...apparently he "lucks out" every week...still waiting for a single 300 yard game from Taylor in his time as a starter here...

Edited by matter2003

He is AVERAGING 305 yards a game passing this year...apparently he "lucks out" every week...still waiting for a single 300 yard game from Taylor in his time as a starter here...

not what I said but carry on ... and what does it have to do with Taylor. The guy is not going to be available. Edited by YoloinOhio