Leger Douzable petitions Cuomo to get Uber in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

Bottom Line: Uber is an idea that requires further study, and development to realize it's goal of being a safe transportation alternative... I have ZERO problem with a guy like you discovering this the hard way... Uber it up, buddy. :thumbsup:

I will do my part to study Uber. I will study them in depth every time I need to get from point A to point B and don't feel like driving. If you don't hear from me it means I'm likely dead and stuffed in the trunk of a very clean Prius.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will do my part to study Uber. I will study them in depth every time I need to get from point A to point B and don't feel like driving. If you don't hear from me it means I'm likely dead and stuffed in the trunk of a very clean Prius.

If you're a big guy, they'll probably have to chop you up to fit you neatly in a tiny Prius trunk. But you'll be dea already, so whatever....

I don't give a **** what the guy driving me around has ever been convicted of. If it saves my 50% on my transportation costs I'm putting on my big boy pants and going for a ride.

And while we're at it, those airlines require further study too! How do those giant things stay in the air anyway? You know what? Sometimes they don't! I suppose you never fly, though...

A service that consumers utilize over a million times every day is an 'idea that requires further study'?

This just in, the study is going really well. :lol:

FAILED SHARING ECONOMY SLOGANS

"AirBnB... You're what's for dinner!"

"Uber... Well, technically it's my car, so......"

"Uber... Anyone want to ride in the drivers lap?.. -It's TOTALLY cool"

"AirBnB... PAY MONEY to sleep in a 16-stone tranny's spare bedroom."

"AirBnB... Your @ss is now LEGALLY mine, white-boy!"...

"Uber... Because 'safety' is such a relative term..."

"AirBnB... YOUR @ss... THEIR house... Do the math."

"Uber... Insurance-shmurance!

"Uber... That ain't yogurt on my steering wheel..."

"Uber.. It's been fifteen years since the Bills made the playoffs... Well, get ready, because we're goin."

Edited by #34fan

Taxis- cause I pay a premium to be under the safe care of a guy who is probably the registered driver and is yelling in his cell phone going 20 over the speed limit and cutting people off

Hotels- only like 45 people have a master key

Taxis - cause they couldn't have had a half bottle of whiskey like those uber drunks

Hotels -- that dateline special about how easy the electronic locks are picked didn't bug me

Taxis -- sometimes I don't want to be found by gps live tracked by the service when shady stuff is going down

Hotels- maybe it's Erin Andrews next door!

Taxis- because that guy on 2bd said the uber driver ran from the car post-accident but surely that couldn't happen with a cab

My man, uber is not without risk but neither is the old system. There are pros and cons and if possible incremental risk increases are too much then so be it. You do you!

Edited by NoSaint

Hope you guys tip your uber drivers! Take your finally fare, subtract three bucks, then subtract 25 percent and that is what the driver recieved. Out of his cut he is responsible for the gas it took to get to you and deliver you safely. Also factor in vehicle deprivation and it's a crappy gig. Some days a driver gets a lucky profitable string of rides but even while driving in Boston (which has the second highest rates in the country) but what you see and hear about is the lucky days and not the fact that most days drivers are basically taking out a cash advance on the life of their car. If your desperate it works, and it's great for riders.

Uber advertised that the tip was included starting when the app was released. They lost a big lawsuit and that exposed the truth and drivers are now permitted to put up signs to inform passengers. Most don't from fear of ratings backlash.

I think we've found the cab driver here.

If you're honestly that scared of Uber it's probably best not to leave the house.

I swear, only on TBD do we have people that would argue against the convenience and cost savings of Uber :D

I've taken Uber hundreds of times in dozens of cities and countries and have never had an issue beyond the driver getting lost and my trip costing more than it should (Uber refunded a big chunk of my fair both times that happened) and a couple crappy cars / drivers (just rate them low and they won't be an Uber driver for long).

To each is own, but I love me some Uber!

Not sure if I'm against morons gambling with their own lives... Ultimately, their loss is my gain.. :)

If anything sounds like the drivers should be more afraid of the passengers than vice-versa:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2016/08/11/uber-says-most-of-its-safety-incidents-are-abusive-riders-on-drivers/?client=safari

Yep... Cuts both ways with this service... I posted several links on page 7 & 8

How do you feel about using a bus or a subway?

I have no qualms about using PT if it's accessible and convenient... Getting into a stranger's private vehicle is something totally different and unrelated... A bus or train follows a set route with designated stop points along the way... Stations are typically well-lit with lots of people around... Police and transit authorities are never too far away.... Whatever happens, I've got a fighting chance on PT.... Unlike the naïve young woman in this story....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/04/uber-driver-kidnapping-los-angeles_n_5442676.html

The good news is the safety debate will be over someday when self driving cars have been out for a while and are really perfected.

I'm fully on-board with an autonomous vehicle that will just take me places (also seems like it would solve a lot of the safety problems in the weed thread too :D.

I have no qualms about using PT if it's accessible and convenient... Getting into a stranger's private vehicle is something totally different and unrelated... A bus or train follows a set route with designated stop points along the way... Stations are typically well-lit with lots of people around... Police and transit authorities are never too far away.... Whatever happens, I've got a fighting chance on PT.... Unlike the naïve young woman in this story....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/04/uber-driver-kidnapping-los-angeles_n_5442676.html

I am really sorry about your illness, but you should really get help! I'm not kidding.