Pass TD 30 34
Int 9 19
QBR 68.5 54
RAT 92 90
Rush Yds 930 232
Rush TDs 8 2
Total Yds 5734 6557
Total TDs 38 36

Really wish I could paste a table in here.

This - The biggest difference in the yardage totals - yards after the catch. MIA has 966 (18th in the NFL), BUF have 633 (dead last in the NFL).

Seems that more of our passes have been, at least to start the year off, to stationary receivers instead of hitting them on the run. It seems we have gotten better at this the past couple of games but it would explain the big difference in the YAC stats.

Go Bills

Tannehill's stats aren't mostly in garbage time. Tyrod's are. And when a QB throws the majority of his passes an arm's length away, said QB tends to "protect the ball," statistically speaking.

How much of the amazing Redzone success comes when the Bills need that TD to take a lead?

Garbage time crap stats. That's not trolling. That's watching the games and reporting what I see.

It's also why the Bills will end the season with a losing record.

But don't let wins and losses get in the way of making Tyrod Taylor out to be a good QB.

Tyrod Taylor has a winning record as starting QB of the Bills. And this "garbage time" myth is a garbage argument. Taylor hasn't compiled any more or less garbage time stats than any other QB in the league.

Regardless of which QB you think is better, comparing Tyrod to Tannehill isn't going to get you very far.

And I actually like both of them! They are "nice" quarterbacks who could be a lot worse.

But neither is what you are looking for, ideally.

Tyrod Taylor has a winning record as starting QB of the Bills. And this "garbage time" myth is a garbage argument. Taylor hasn't compiled any more or less garbage time stats than any other QB in the league.

Then why, pray tell, do the Bills suck with his pretty, shiny statistics?

QBs don't win/lose games; teams do.

I live in Denver. This Saturday I was on a party bus for an event. Everyone that knew me, knew I was an ardent Bills fan and at least five people started a conversation with me by saying something to the effect of, "dude I watched that game on Monday, Taylor is sick!" I was actually at the game. I told people that while he is good for a guy halfway through his second season as a starter that that was in fact, his best game as a pro. Regardless, why a Taylor-bashing thread this week? Don't you people realize that you watch every snap of one guy and only see the highlights for everyone else? If you lived in Oregon, rarely saw a Bills game but knew that Taylor was 12-11 with 30 TD's and 9 INT's and was the most elusive, best running QB in the league, you would probably think he was pretty good. Have some goddamn perspective, would ya? And I don't wanna hear Gugny chiming in on this one- he's the one who spent two years crusading on here about how EJ Manuel was still better than Tannehill. So according to him, it goes Manuel > Tannehill > Taylor.

Regardless of which QB you think is better, comparing Tyrod to Tannehill isn't going to get you very far.

And I actually like both of them! They are "nice" quarterbacks who could be a lot worse.

But neither is what you are looking for, ideally.

Not to mention, Taylor's record against Tannehill is still 2-1. But yes, agreed, they are both, at worst, top 25 QB's in the league so they both figure to be starting somewhere for years to come. Edited by metzelaars_lives

I live in Denver. This Saturday I was on a party bus for an event. Everyone that knew me, knew I was an ardent Bills fan and at least five people started a conversation with me by saying something to the effect of, "dude I watched that game on Monday, Taylor is sick!" I was actually at the game. I told people that while he is good for a guy halfway through his second season as a starter that that was in fact, his best game as a pro. Regardless, why a Taylor-bashing thread this week? Don't you people realize that you watch every snap of one guy and only see the highlights for everyone else? If you lived in Oregon, rarely saw a Bills game but knew that Taylor was 12-11 with 30 TD's and 9 INT's and was the most elusive, best running QB in the league, you would probably think he was pretty good. Have some goddamn perspective, would ya? And I don't wanna hear Gugny chiming in on this one- he's the one who spent two years crusading on here about how EJ Manuel was still better than Tannehill. So according to him, it goes Manuel > Tannehill > Taylor.

I live in SE Florida and watch most Dolphins games (they are all on TV for me).

My knowledge of Tannehill goes way beyond highlights.

I have always liked him as a passer. As far as journeymen QBs who are not horrible but not good enough to get you very far, I put him near the top of the list.

I'm being serious about that.

I'll take that as an invitation to chime in.

I do think EJ is better. Than both of them. But we'll likely never know because the Bills' HC derailed his career.

I think you're seeing Tyrod bashing because Bills fans had a week of looking at other teams play. With REAL rookies/young guys. And we watched them do exponentially better than Tyrod Taylor can do.

If you want to hold onto the fact that "Tyrod Taylor is the best QB on the BIlls," then go for it. But that's not saying a hell of lot, now, is it?

The 2nd year starter crap is that ... crap. It's another bullschit excuse, along with, "no receivers," "injuries," "O-line," "different systems," Wah wah, blah blah.

He sucks.

Tannehill is fine - but he has the same limitations that people here complain about TT having. Doesn't win you games, isn't particularly clutch. Both get sacked a fair amount - but Tannehill literally had double the sack yards as taylor and doesn't add as much as a rusher. Those number's aren't usually displayed on a traditional QB vs QB chart.

I live in SE Florida and watch most Dolphins games (they are all on TV for me).

My knowledge of Tannehill goes way beyond highlights.

I have always liked him as a passer. As far as journeymen QBs who are not horrible but not good enough to get you very far, I put him near the top of the list.

I'm being serious about that.

Tyrod's probably standing right next to him near the top of that list.

Then why, pray tell, do the Bills suck with his pretty, shiny statistics?

QBs don't win/lose games; teams do.

12-11 doesn't "suck." And let's see what happens next year when he has a healthy Watkins and a top 2 round receiver/Alshon Jeffery to work with. If you're asking if I think Taylor is good enough to excel with (prior to last week) a hobbled Robert Woods, Walt Powell and Justin Hunter as his 1-2-3, my answer would be no. But very, very few QB's in the league would. God you sound like Rush Limbaugh and Tyrod Taylor is Obama! Do you realize this?

I'll take that as an invitation to chime in.

I do think EJ is better. Than both of them. But we'll likely never know because the Bills' HC derailed his career.

I think you're seeing Tyrod bashing because Bills fans had a week of looking at other teams play. With REAL rookies/young guys. And we watched them do exponentially better than Tyrod Taylor can do.

If you want to hold onto the fact that "Tyrod Taylor is the best QB on the BIlls," then go for it. But that's not saying a hell of lot, now, is it?

The 2nd year starter crap is that ... crap. It's another bullschit excuse, along with, "no receivers," "injuries," "O-line," "different systems," Wah wah, blah blah.

He sucks.

I have argued time and time again that the Bills' line is good. I've never used that as an excuse once. Nor would I ever say anything about "different systems." But yes, having the receiving corps the Bills are rolling out since Watkins went down is an exceptional circumstance when evaluating a QB. And if you think otherwise, I can't really take your opinion very seriously. And if you think EJ Manuel is physically capable of having the game Taylor had last week at Seattle, you need meds. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Mariota is better than both of them, with a team with less quality talent than Miami or Buffalo...and way less than Dallas BTW. He's something like 25-0 scoring in the red zone this year. If you could have your pick from the 3 of them, which one would you choose?

Mariota is better than both of them, with a team with less quality talent than Miami or Buffalo...and way less than Dallas BTW. He's something like 25-0 scoring in the red zone this year. If you could have your pick from the 3 of them, which one would you choose?

There might not be a team in the NFL I would trade QB situations with over Tennessee right now.

Tannehill is fine - but he has the same limitations that people here complain about TT having. Doesn't win you games, isn't particularly clutch. Both get sacked a fair amount - but Tannehill literally had double the sack yards as taylor and doesn't add as much as a rusher. Those number's aren't usually displayed on a traditional QB vs QB chart.

Tyrod's probably standing right next to him near the top of that list.

So... 1. You CAN win with a Tannehill or Taylor at QB, certainly at least enough to make the playoffs every once in a while 2. You are very unlikely to win a conference championship or a Super Bowl with either of them at QB. 3. If you are ok with that as opposed to the possibility of a truly awful Jets-like QB situation, by all means sign Tannehill or Taylor to big money Franchise QB type deals. 4. If you are not ok with that, and want to shoot higher (understanding that with the potential for high reward comes higher risk), then do not even consider that big contract for either guy.

In other words, that's what everyone knows. It's just a question of Bills management and Bills fans collective preference. Right now I hear a lot more of "just get me into the damn playoffs once in my adult life." And that of course weighs heavily on the keep Tyrod side.

EDIT: of course if you make it into the playoffs and go one-and-done a couple times, fan preferences have been known to change...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

New England? Pittsburgh? Cincinnati? Seattle? New Orleans?

Hyperbolize much? ;)

In.defense of Metz, Brady, Brees and Big Ben are in the twilight of their careers and Mariota is just beginning so the smart move is Mariota. And long term, I take him over Wilson. Your inclusion of Dalton I'm assuming was for comedic purposes.

New England? Pittsburgh? Cincinnati? Seattle? New Orleans?

Hyperbolize much? ;)

Uhh I'm talking about long term. I'm not hyperbolizibg at all. Would you rather have one-two more seasons of Drew Bree's or Mariota's entire career ahead of him? Now that Wilson is himself again, that might be the only other situation I would consider. And dude, Cincinnati?

Mariota is really coming around