Trump's leadership team

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let’s Not Jinx It, But This Incoming Cabinet Looks Pretty Darn Good So Far
Let’s take a look at this Trump administration cabinet nominees so far:
Attorney General: Sen. Jeff Sessions.
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Rep. Tom Price.
Secretary of Transportation: Former Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao.
Secretary of Education: Philanthropist Betsy DeVos.
Ambassador to the United Nations: Gov. Nikki Haley.
White House Chief of Staff: RNC Chair Reince Priebus.
National Security Adviser: Former DIA Director Michael Flynn.
CIA Director: Rep. Mike Pompeo.
Treasury Secretary: Banker Steven Mnunchin.
Secretary of Commerce: Financier Wilbur Ross.
Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Indiana Health policy consultant Seema Verma.
We may quibble with a few here and there, but overall it’s a really good group, particularly considering the perceived limited circle of connections and talent around Trump during the campaign.
By and large, this is a pretty darn conservative cabinet, and one that’s sufficiently experienced, professional, and knowledgeable, prepared for the massive tasks before them. In fact, if any of the other 16 Republican presidential candidates had won, it’s easy to picture some of these same names appearing in those alternative Republican cabinets.
What’s more, there’s still quite a bit of experienced managerial and legislative talent walking through the lobby of Trump Tower these days: Mitt Romney, David Petraeus, Rick Perry, retired General James Mattis, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin.
Perhaps most surprising is that some of the figures most loyal and visible during the campaign haven’t been named to any cabinet positions yet: Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, and Chris Christie. (There’s the rumor, not yet officially announced, that Ben Carson will run the Department of Housing and Urban Development.)

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/

Everything he does relates to Hillary! False equivalence for everything. I thought Trump ran as a swamp drainer? Nope...he ran as Hillary I guess

It depends upon how you define swamp. I think most define that as politicians in office now who have contributed to $19T debt, underfunded entitlements, national security breaches, wreckless illegal immigration and a stagnant economy.

It depends upon how you define swamp. I think most define that as politicians in office now who have contributed to $19T debt, underfunded entitlements, national security breaches, wreckless illegal immigration and a stagnant economy.

Free pass for the Trump University crowd it sounds like from you

Let’s Not Jinx It, But This Incoming Cabinet Looks Pretty Darn Good So Far

Let’s take a look at this Trump administration cabinet nominees so far:

Attorney General: Sen. Jeff Sessions.

Secretary of Health and Human Services: Rep. Tom Price.

Secretary of Transportation: Former Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao.

Secretary of Education: Philanthropist Betsy DeVos.

Ambassador to the United Nations: Gov. Nikki Haley.

White House Chief of Staff: RNC Chair Reince Priebus.

National Security Adviser: Former DIA Director Michael Flynn.

CIA Director: Rep. Mike Pompeo.

Treasury Secretary: Banker Steven Mnunchin.

Secretary of Commerce: Financier Wilbur Ross.

Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Indiana Health policy consultant Seema Verma.

We may quibble with a few here and there, but overall it’s a really good group, particularly considering the perceived limited circle of connections and talent around Trump during the campaign.

By and large, this is a pretty darn conservative cabinet, and one that’s sufficiently experienced, professional, and knowledgeable, prepared for the massive tasks before them. In fact, if any of the other 16 Republican presidential candidates had won, it’s easy to picture some of these same names appearing in those alternative Republican cabinets.

What’s more, there’s still quite a bit of experienced managerial and legislative talent walking through the lobby of Trump Tower these days: Mitt Romney, David Petraeus, Rick Perry, retired General James Mattis, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin.

Perhaps most surprising is that some of the figures most loyal and visible during the campaign haven’t been named to any cabinet positions yet: Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, and Chris Christie. (There’s the rumor, not yet officially announced, that Ben Carson will run the Department of Housing and Urban Development.)

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/

Supposedly he has cut all ties with Christie which is a good decision. That guy has problems... More then just fat problems.

lol, keeps draining the swamp I see :thumbsup:

you need a hobby. Ever consider dancing in traffic?

Seriously, you need to be banned. You're not funny nor generate anything worth while. You add nothing.

Be a man, be something you're not... And leave.

you need a hobby. Ever consider dancing in traffic?

Seriously, you need to be banned. You're not funny nor generate anything worth while. You add nothing.

Be a man, be something you're not... And leave.

Did you see that he was caught red handed plagiarizing just a few days after returning here?

So here's something I haven't seen anyone mention yet...

If Petraeus is offered a cabinet position, he has to notify his probation officer within three days, who I believe may have the authority to prevent Petraeus from taking the position, given that Petraeus' probation terms restrict him to North Carolina. And, according to the terms of his probation, his office equipment - computers, government emails, office records, etc. - would be subject to warrantless search until next April.

Yeah, let's do this. A Secretary of State who can't go on a diplomatic mission without permission from his probation officer. :lol:

So here's something I haven't seen anyone mention yet...

If Petraeus is offered a cabinet position, he has to notify his probation officer within three days, who I believe may have the authority to prevent Petraeus from taking the position, given that Petraeus' probation terms restrict him to North Carolina. And, according to the terms of his probation, his office equipment - computers, government emails, office records, etc. - would be subject to warrantless search until next April.

Yeah, let's do this. A Secretary of State who can't go on a diplomatic mission without permission from his probation officer. :lol:

Petraeus is forever tainted. I think he should get some post in the Trump administration though, but not right away. He could be in the cabinet in round 2 come 2020 if not sooner. He's the kind of competent leader that Trump seems to want around him.

You betcha! She'd raise morale a lot on tours of the VA hospitals. :w00t: :w00t: :devil:

I watched the video and read the article, and gosh I hope this is just another one of Trump's tweets to freak out the Democrats.

For one thing, the VA already DOES give Veterans vouchers if they can't be seen at a VA facility.

Instead of giving money to illegal aliens, give it to vets. Sounds good when raising money for your PAC I suppose.

Having children in the service does not qualify one for Director of VA. Heck, maybe it does. I'll throw my Mom's hat into the ring :).

Also, what sacrifices has Donald Trump made that are anything close to what war veterans and their families have made?

Except Obama could pardon him. I could even imagine Obama doing it before the trump!takes office

It would be a great in your face and stealing the thunder. " See I was the nice guy to do this for an murikan war hero." What would trump!be able todo at that point? Because trump will do whatever he damn well pleases Obama might as well play a game on him

WaPo says it’s Mad Dog Mattis for SecDef.

Here’s the story.

President-elect Donald Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James N. Mattis to be secretary of defense, nominating a former senior military officer who led operations across the Middle East to run the Pentagon less than four years after he hung up his uniform, according to people familiar with the decision.

To take the job, Mattis will need Congress to pass new legislation to bypass a federal law that states secretaries of defense must not have been on active duty in the previous seven years. Congress has granted a similar exception just once, when Gen. George C. Marshall was appointed to the job in 1950.

An announcement is likely by early next week, according to the people familiar with the decision. Mattis declined to comment. Spokespersons for Trump’s transition team did not respond to requests for comment.

Mattis, 66, retired as the chief of U.S. Central Command in spring 2013 after serving more than four decades in the Marine Corps. He is known as one of the most influential military leaders of his generation, serving as a strategic thinker while occasionally drawing rebukes for his aggressive talk. Since retiring, he has served as a consultant and as a visiting fellow with the Hoover Institution, a think tank at Stanford University.

A HEARTWARMING GENERAL MATTIS CHRISTMAS STORY:

At about 4 a.m., General Krulak would drive himself to every Marine guard post in the Washington-Annapolis-Baltimore area and deliver a small package of Christmas cookies to whatever Marines were pulling guard duty that day. He said that one year, he had gone down to Quantico as one of his stops to deliver Christmas cookies to the Marines on guard duty. He went to the command center and gave a package to the lance corporal who was on duty.

He asked, “Who’s the officer of the day?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it’s Brigadier General Mattis.” And General Krulak said, “No, no, no. I know who General Mattis is. I mean, who’s the officer of the day today, Christmas day?” The lance corporal, feeling a little anxious, said, “Sir, it is Brigadier General Mattis.”

General Krulak said that, about that time, he spotted in the back room a cot, or a daybed. He said, “No, Lance Corporal. Who slept in that bed last night?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it was Brigadier General Mattis.”

About that time, General Krulak said that General Mattis came in, in a duty uniform with a sword, and General Krulak said, “Jim, what are you doing here on Christmas day? Why do you have duty?” General Mattis told him that the young officer who was scheduled to have duty on Christmas day had a family, and General Mattis decided it was better for the young officer to spend Christmas Day with his family, and so he chose to have duty on Christmas Day.

General Krulak said, “That’s the kind of officer that Jim Mattis is.”

You can see why troops love him.

WaPo says it’s Mad Dog Mattis for SecDef.

Here’s the story.

President-elect Donald Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James N. Mattis to be secretary of defense, nominating a former senior military officer who led operations across the Middle East to run the Pentagon less than four years after he hung up his uniform, according to people familiar with the decision.

To take the job, Mattis will need Congress to pass new legislation to bypass a federal law that states secretaries of defense must not have been on active duty in the previous seven years. Congress has granted a similar exception just once, when Gen. George C. Marshall was appointed to the job in 1950.

An announcement is likely by early next week, according to the people familiar with the decision. Mattis declined to comment. Spokespersons for Trump’s transition team did not respond to requests for comment.

Mattis, 66, retired as the chief of U.S. Central Command in spring 2013 after serving more than four decades in the Marine Corps. He is known as one of the most influential military leaders of his generation, serving as a strategic thinker while occasionally drawing rebukes for his aggressive talk. Since retiring, he has served as a consultant and as a visiting fellow with the Hoover Institution, a think tank at Stanford University.

A HEARTWARMING GENERAL MATTIS CHRISTMAS STORY:

At about 4 a.m., General Krulak would drive himself to every Marine guard post in the Washington-Annapolis-Baltimore area and deliver a small package of Christmas cookies to whatever Marines were pulling guard duty that day. He said that one year, he had gone down to Quantico as one of his stops to deliver Christmas cookies to the Marines on guard duty. He went to the command center and gave a package to the lance corporal who was on duty.

He asked, “Who’s the officer of the day?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it’s Brigadier General Mattis.” And General Krulak said, “No, no, no. I know who General Mattis is. I mean, who’s the officer of the day today, Christmas day?” The lance corporal, feeling a little anxious, said, “Sir, it is Brigadier General Mattis.”

General Krulak said that, about that time, he spotted in the back room a cot, or a daybed. He said, “No, Lance Corporal. Who slept in that bed last night?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it was Brigadier General Mattis.”

About that time, General Krulak said that General Mattis came in, in a duty uniform with a sword, and General Krulak said, “Jim, what are you doing here on Christmas day? Why do you have duty?” General Mattis told him that the young officer who was scheduled to have duty on Christmas day had a family, and General Mattis decided it was better for the young officer to spend Christmas Day with his family, and so he chose to have duty on Christmas Day.

General Krulak said, “That’s the kind of officer that Jim Mattis is.”

You can see why troops love him.

Everything I've ever heard or read about Mattis (which is quite a bit, surprisingly) indicates that he's a great Marine, great officer, and great combat leader. (His maneuvers in front of al Kut and as Numanyiah in 2003 were nothing short of brilliant; I've heard they're part of the curriculum at Sandhurst.)

That doesn't give me a good feeling about him as Secretary of Defense, though. That's a political and administrative position that doesn't really best suit his talents. It's akin to giving the military to Chairmen of the JCS. What's worse, if it doesn't work out, Trump's far too much of a dullard to notice or do anything about it.

Everything I've ever heard or read about Mattis (which is quite a bit, surprisingly) indicates that he's a great Marine, great officer, and great combat leader. (His maneuvers in front of al Kut and as Numanyiah in 2003 were nothing short of brilliant; I've heard they're part of the curriculum at Sandhurst.)

That doesn't give me a good feeling about him as Secretary of Defense, though. That's a political and administrative position that doesn't really best suit his talents. It's akin to giving the military to Chairmen of the JCS. What's worse, if it doesn't work out, Trump's far too much of a dullard to notice or do anything about it.

Like taking your best salesperson and making them the VP of Sales and Marketing. The skill sets for managing a sales force and planning marketing efforts, and those that make a salesperson successful don't coincide much. I've seen it happen several times with poor results.

TOM RICKS ON THE MATTIS PICK: The General Who Should Lead the Pentagon.

General Mattis is not another George Patton, a comparison Mr. Trump is fond of making. General Mattis, who retired in 2013, after leading United States Central Command for three years, is far more disciplined than Patton was, and a far more strategic thinker.

Usually, I’d oppose having a general as secretary of defense, because it could undermine our tradition of civilian control of the military.

But these are not normal times. The incoming president appears to be a profoundly ignorant man who often seems to act on gut impulse or on what pleases the crowd. That is a dangerous combination to have in the White House. Having known General Mattis for many years, I am confident that he will be a restraint on Mr. Trump’s impulsiveness.