Game Day Thread: Election 2016

KD in CA

Yeah, it's a veritable A-list of wise leadership and self-respecting statesmen. <_<

Perhaps you should consider that those YOU may consider to be the " veritable A-list of wise leadership and self-respecting statesmen"...Podesta, Jarrett, Blumenthal, Kerry, Holder, Hillary, Sebelius, Lynch, Obama, Biden...are all pretty much single-handedly responsible for the ass-kicking that took place this morning.

Just sayin'...

One other factor that I would like to add, that I am happy about, is that this victory proves that money is not the be all and end all to get elected.

Hillary, a horribly flawed candidate, outspent The Donald by almost 10 to 1, by most estimates, but it didn't matter.

Parties should take note.

Don't nominate someone just because they're a great fundraiser

AMERICANS REGISTER ANGER, DESIRE FOR CHANGE...

Obama to make statement on Wednesday, meet with Trump on Thursday
by Allan Smith

Original Article

Perhaps you should consider that those YOU may consider to be the " veritable A-list of wise leadership and self-respecting statesmen"...Podesta, Jarrett, Blumenthal, Kerry, Holder, Hillary, Sebelius, Lynch, Obama, Biden...are all pretty much single-handedly responsible for the ass-kicking that took place this morning.

Just sayin'...

And perhaps you should eventually get it through that limited little one-note brain of yours that there's not a single one of those people on your list that I support.

Edited by Simon

And perhaps you should eventually get it through that limited little one-note brain of yours that there's not a single one of those people on your list that I support.

So tell us who you do support?

Johnson who does not know where Syria is? Or can't name a world leader? Admits to walking around naked most of the day and smoking dope.

Someone else?

Well then tell us, oh all-knowing swami...you don't like the Trump team, you don't like the Obama team....

Pick your team. Let us know your A list.

So tell us who you do support?

Johnson who does not know where Syria is? Or can't name a world leader? Admits to walking around naked most of the day and smoking dope.

Someone else?

Unlike you, I don't feel compelled to consider it any of my business what another American does in the privacy of their own home.

And I generally align with libertarian principles and thought both Johnson and Weld did credible work in their previous positions

Unlike you, I don't feel compelled to consider it any of my business what another American does in the privacy of their own home.

And I generally align with libertarian principles and thought both Johnson and Weld did credible work in their previous positions

Ok. How would they do that when they can't even name a single world leader or hell even know where those countries are?

I can see it now, Johnson and Weld in the oval office, naked, smoking a doobie. In walks the Chairman of Joint Chiefs and says Iran just launched nukes at Israel. Johnson responds with, Chairman, you're in charge of Joints, get me another.

Shocking demographics of the night: 29% of Latino voters voted for Trump. Also won college educated whites.

But...but....all the know-it-all white people told me every Latino would vote for Hillary based solely on some off-the cuff comment Trump made about a year ago.

You do realize that she wasn't the only political whore in this election, right?

I think both the guy from Lucas Oil and the other honcho from Goldman will both end up working for Trump sooner rather than later.

Yes, but it bares noting given the bullsh-- "Wall Street = Republicans" narrative that has been pushed so hard in recent elections and that the Democrats thought would work again.

If I hear one more person spout off on "how do I explain this to my kids....."

Get over yourselves.

I have to be honest, I thought I would enjoy the Facebook meltdown more. It's actually sad and pathetic today. "This isn't the country I thought I knew!", "What a setback for our country", blah, blah, blah.

One other factor that I would like to add, that I am happy about, is that this victory proves that money is not the be all and end all to get elected.

Hillary, a horribly flawed candidate, outspent The Donald by almost 10 to 1, by most estimates, but it didn't matter.

Parties should take note.

Don't nominate someone just because they're a great fundraiser

Well, my worry with money is that it can buy air time for a candidate. With $2 billion in estimated free TV coverage for Trump, he didn't need to spend as much to get his message out.

That doesn't mean in any way that money doesn't have too much influence on politics and politicians. Imo, it does

KKK support trump. They're violent.

Black panthers calling for all blacks to leave military due to trump. Black panther not violent. Never shot anyone or induced violence.

Yep, good ol work.

Anyone feel like sourcing some black panther violence?

Ok. How would they do that when they can't even name a single world leader or hell even know where those countries are?

I can see it now, Johnson and Weld in the oval office, naked, smoking a doobie. In walks the Chairman of Joint Chiefs and says Iran just launched nukes at Israel. Johnson responds with, Chairman, you're in charge of Joints, get me another.

Apologies for making the mistake of responding to you; I should have remembered your many years of mindless idiocy and ignored you.

More than just Trump...........

Election: Republicans Dominate in Governors' Races - Time

time.com/4563881/governors-republican-2016/
The GOP flipped control of state executives in Missouri, Vermont and New Hampshire as of early Wednesday. That means the party will hold the governors’ offices in at least 33 states, up from 31. In a stunning night for Democrats on the national stage, these additional losses pushed the party further into the political wilderness in the states, where they have been struggling to compete for years.
But (you know) "no one" agrees with Republicans
Edited by B-Man

Apologies for making the mistake of responding to you; I should have remembered your many years of mindless idiocy and ignored you.

No need to apologize. I asked the question, you responded, I am just stating how I felt that white house would look. Seemed like it would be more of a cheech and chong movie.