Game Day Thread: Election 2016

KD in CA

Looks like Trump is ready to move forward with those conservative principles we've been hearing about.

Trump unveils student debt pan that makes Bernie's plan seen unfair.

Perhaps the protesters should listen to what Trump has to say. They will probably be surprised to find out he's every bit as left as Bernie or Hillary.

Hey buddy, put this into the proper Trump Broken Promises thread to count them all.

Not even a week.

You may not like Donald................but we all dodged a bullet

The mystery of Hillary Clinton, milk-carton missing on election night, appears solved.

A Tuesday of catharsis for Donald Trump voters turned into an evening of rage for Hillary Clinton. The Democratic presidential nominee, anticipating the postelection reaction of many of her supporters, began shouting profanities, banging tables, and turning objects not nailed down into projectiles.

Sources have told The American Spectator that on Tuesday night, after Hillary realized she had lost, she went into a rage,” R. Emmett Tyrrell reports. “Secret Service officers told at least one source that she began yelling, screaming obscenities, and pounding furniture. She picked up objects and threw them at attendants and staff. She was in an uncontrollable rage.”

The appearance of campaign manager John Podesta at Manhattan’s Javitz Center, and the dematerialization of his heretofore ubiquitous charge, perplexed in the first hours of Wednesday.

“They’re still counting votes, and every vote should count,” Podesta declared to a sad and stunned hall. “Several states are too close to call, so we’re not going to have anything more to say tonight.”

As Podesta recalcitrantly refused to recognize reality early Wednesday morning, Hillary Clinton called Donald Trump to offer congratulations. The juxtaposition of the campaign manager publicly vowing to fight around the time the candidate privately conceded the election left observers scratching their heads.

Tyrrell’s reporting indicates that Mrs. Clinton’s mental state made it impossible for her to address her supporters on election night as custom requests. So, instead, Podesta gave a rah-rah speech on a boo-hoo night to cover for the absence of the first woman president, her fireworks, and her victory speech shout-outs to the mothers of the Black Lives Matter martyrs.

“She is not done yet,” Podesta claimed. Tyrrell’s reporting indicates that, indeed, Clinton remained far from done.

“Her aides could not allow her to come out in public,” he writes. “It would take her hours to calm down. So Podesta went out and gave his aimless speech. I wish we could report on Bill’s whereabouts but we cannot.”

Edited by B-Man

You may not like Donald................but we all dodged a bullet

The mystery of Hillary Clinton, milk-carton missing on election night, appears solved.

A Tuesday of catharsis for Donald Trump voters turned into an evening of rage for Hillary Clinton. The Democratic presidential nominee, anticipating the postelection reaction of many of her supporters, began shouting profanities, banging tables, and turning objects not nailed down into projectiles.

Sources have told The American Spectator that on Tuesday night, after Hillary realized she had lost, she went into a rage,” R. Emmett Tyrrell reports. “Secret Service officers told at least one source that she began yelling, screaming obscenities, and pounding furniture. She picked up objects and threw them at attendants and staff. She was in an uncontrollable rage.”

The appearance of campaign manager John Podesta at Manhattan’s Javitz Center, and the dematerialization of his heretofore ubiquitous charge, perplexed in the first hours of Wednesday.

“They’re still counting votes, and every vote should count,” Podesta declared to a sad and stunned hall. “Several states are too close to call, so we’re not going to have anything more to say tonight.”

As Podesta recalcitrantly refused to recognize reality early Wednesday morning, Hillary Clinton called Donald Trump to offer congratulations. The juxtaposition of the campaign manager publicly vowing to fight around the time the candidate privately conceded the election left observers scratching their heads.

Tyrrell’s reporting indicates that Mrs. Clinton’s mental state made it impossible for her to address her supporters on election night as custom requests. So, instead, Podesta gave a rah-rah speech on a boo-hoo night to cover for the absence of the first woman president, her fireworks, and her victory speech shout-outs to the mothers of the Black Lives Matter martyrs.

“She is not done yet,” Podesta claimed. Tyrrell’s reporting indicates that, indeed, Clinton remained far from done.

“Her aides could not allow her to come out in public,” he writes. “It would take her hours to calm down. So Podesta went out and gave his aimless speech. I wish we could report on Bill’s whereabouts but we cannot.”

I want to see that concession speech... :w00t:

Great article here that perfectly gathers all the leftist intellect and cobbles it into written form.

This generally has been called the “hate election” because everyone professed to hate both candidates. It turned out to be the hate election because, and let’s not mince words, of the hatefulness of the electorate. In the years to come, we will brace for the violence, the anger, the racism, the misogyny, the xenophobia, the nativism, the white sense of grievance that will undoubtedly be unleashed now that we have destroyed the values that have bound us.

If there is a single sentence that characterizes the election, it is this: “He says the things I’m thinking.” That may be what is so terrifying. Who knew that so many tens of millions of white Americans were thinking unconscionable things about their fellow Americans? Who knew that tens of millions of white men felt so emasculated by women and challenged by minorities?

Who knew that after years of seeming progress on race and gender, tens of millions of white Americans lived in seething resentment, waiting for a demagogue to arrive who would legitimize their worst selves and channel them into political power? Perhaps we had been living in a fool’s paradise. Now we aren’t.We all knew these hatreds lurked under the thinnest veneer of civility. That civility finally is gone. In its absence, we may realize just how imperative that politesse was. It is the way we managed to coexist.

Great article here that perfectly gathers all the leftist intellect and cobbles it into written form.

I had wondered where Gabler had disappeared to. It appears he has been taking drama classes over the last decade. I was expecting to see him go full-blown Fred Sanford - I'm coming Elizabeth, this is the big one.....

I thought your quote from the article was sarcasm from the author. Then I read the whole thing. It's like they're trying to out elite each other.

I challenge any liberal -- or anyone at all, really -- to break down for me what progress was made on race that doesn't involve the complete deflating of the word "racist."

You can't. The left took the first black president and used the color of his skin to either advance his ideas or shut down the opposition. You will find no greater collection of racists than inside the American left.

Everything is about skin color. Everything.

Because some of it's about gender. And some about which bathroom you get to **** in.

Right. The extreme fringes (left and right) are really getting their 15 minutes right now. Everything in the news is about stimming out about something controversial in a way that is hateful or exclusionary somehow. But out there in the real world, away from PPP, away from all the weirdly insular corners of the internet and the entrenched adversarial elements of the media......people are still living their lives and generally being decent people and not drowning in hatred for all their neighbors.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Right. The extreme fringes (left and right) are really getting their 15 minutes right now. Everything in the news is about stimming out about something controversial in a way that is hateful or exclusionary somehow. But out there in the real world, away from PPP, away from all the weirdly insular corners of the internet and the entrenched adversarial elements of the media......people are still living their lives and generally being decent people and not drowning in hatred for all their neighbors.

Preaching to the choir. I've been pointing out that the extremes have been defining the discussion for 12 or so years now?