bench gilmore and darby the rest of the year

valle7878

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we finally admit that getting rid of Donnie Henderson was a terrible decision?

I was saying it since we hired Ed Reed. No offense to Reed but Henderson was making magic with out 2ndary. Now its a glaring weakness. You fire a guy like Donnie who has a proven track record with success and bring in a legendary player with no coaching experience. Should have hired Reed as an assistant DB coach 1st. We would be playing a lot better but, ya live n learn rite?

I've always felt that way.

Same here.

Can we finally admit that getting rid of Donnie Henderson was a terrible decision?

AMEN!!!

Based on the title, I thought this might be another tank the season thread. I mean, what are the options? Really?

Fact; no CB outside of buffalo gets beat one on one. Especially when you have elite safeties like Blanton back there.

Get rid of all our decent players!!!

Finally someone said it. With no help - fear of help - have to account for the possibility of safety help .... there's not a corner alive covering well.

Edited by Triple Threat

Get Keyvon Seymore more playing time. I have never thought steph was that good and hes only getting worse. The wrong corner was yanked from last nights game. Gilmore is soft and always is in a bad spot to make a play.

Agreed. On the last play that Darby got called for Pass Interference, from the replay, he didn't even appear to have touched the receiver. The receiver leaned hard to catch an uncatchable ball and trip all by himself. I thought the PI call was total BS. Gilmore IS a kitty. Got burned on a 3rd day play badly and then the human huddle against Graham was the topper!! Don't break a nail lil' girl!!!

Losing Donnie was a very poor decision. Not hiring someone who would have kept Schwartz and left the 2014 defense untouched? Disaster.

Seymour is the future at cb. The kid had an impressive camp and was on the field as a starter in the heavy db package we had in on the first snap of the game.

Darby and Seymour are cb1 and 2 next season, lets develop the kid now. Can't be worse than #24 (aka Mario 2.0)

Except #28 has been worse all year.

Yes let's blame others on our players garbage play. You act as if as soon as a coach leaves the players forget everything they were taught.

Sorry I won't fall for that bull ****.

Yeah, the Patriots wouldn't miss Bill Belichick at all. Coaching matters. More than you'd think it would.

Yeah, the Patriots wouldn't miss Bill Belichick at all. Coaching matters. More than you'd think it would.

Nobody...and I mean nobody...is suggesting it doesn't. But let's not pretend that the difference between Brady and Taylor is Belichick, that the difference between Sherman and Gilmore is Carrol, Julio Jones and Robert Woods Dan Quinn. It gets more preposterous as we go, doesn't it?

Players make plays. Better players make better plays more frequently.

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/796797973808222208

Nobody...and I mean nobody...is suggesting it doesn't. But let's not pretend that the difference between Brady and Taylor is Belichick, that the difference between Sherman and Gilmore is Carrol, Julio Jones and Robert Woods Dan Quinn. It gets more preposterous as we go, doesn't it?

Players make plays. Better players make better plays more frequently.https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/796797973808222208

I'm NOT saying coaching is everything - at all, it's part of the puzzle. I'm not letting the players off the hook either. They have to prepare and make plays. But I have to look and wonder what is different? Why have they regressed? What has changed? It's not just that they aren't trying or don't care. There's at the very least a loss of focus for some reason. Why is that?