Over - Under - TT Passing yards tonight

San-O

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With no legit receivers, no 100% McCoy, hostile stadium and fans, and above average Seattle defense equals a disaster for Buffalo. I predict this will be the game TT has multiple turnovers. Hope I am wrong.

Above average? They've been the most dominant D in the league for 4.5 years now. That's a stretch that not many D's in the history of the game can match.

With no legit receivers, no 100% McCoy, hostile stadium and fans, and above average Seattle defense equals a disaster for Buffalo. I predict this will be the game TT has multiple turnovers. Hope I am wrong.

This is what I'm thinking.

Was curious if anybody really put much thought into passing yards re: Seattle D.

Above average? They've been the most dominant D in the league for 4.5 years now. That's a stretch that not many D's in the history of the game can match.

They did lose Bruce Irvin and are playing without Bennett and Chancellor. They have been great for a while but are missing some of the guys that were crucial in their success.

The excitement of getting over 150 passing yards in a league where guys threw for 500 is too exciting!!!

They mean so little in our offense though. I'm much more concerned with RZ execution, 3rd down conversions and no turnovers. That's Tyrod's recipe for being successful. Unfortunately I don't see tonight as that night. I think that they will have a hard time getting 1st downs specifically.

They mean so little in our offense though. I'm much more concerned with RZ execution, 3rd down conversions and no turnovers. That's Tyrod's recipe for being successful. Unfortunately I don't see tonight as that night. I think that they will have a hard time getting 1st downs specifically.

With all due respect Kirby, I think you are rationalizing things for a player you like. Our passing attack is really, really bad. The rules are set up for you to pass. I don't need to see 300 yards but getting to 200 shouldn't be so painful.

And we are one of the worst at 3rd down conversion % and 3 and outs which kill your defense.

They might not matter but I'd venture we might have some more wins if we had a better passing attack

With all due respect Kirby, I think you are rationalizing things for a player you like. Our passing attack is really, really bad. The rules are set up for you to pass. I don't need to see 300 yards but getting to 200 shouldn't be so painful.

And we are one of the worst at 3rd down conversion % and 3 and outs which kill your defense.

Im not rationalizing at all. Those are what determine he Bills success. Passing yardage couldn't be less important as the offense is constructed. Tyrod has a winning record as a starter and passing yards have pretty much nothing to do with that. It's not like they win when he throws for a lot and lose when he doesn't. If there isn't a correlation between wins and losses it doesn't matter to me. If the Bills struggle with the things that I mentioned they struggle for results.

They might not matter but I'd venture we might have some more wins if we had a better passing attack

The point that I was trying to make is that we haven't seen a big difference in pass yards in the wins and losses. I haven't dug into the numbers but I haven't seen the pass yards as something that cost them games. The 3 areas that I mentioned are the difference in our offense.

They have little margin for error because they don't sling it around the field. That's virtually impossible with the current stable of pass catchers. To offset that they have to eliminate mistakes. They can't turn the ball over or leave points on the field. They have to make 1st downs to stay ahead of the markers. The Bills are 8th in the league in scoring (the only offensive stat that really matters). They can score by doing those 3 things. If they turn the ball over and don't convert in the red zone they will lose. If they throw for 159 yards they can still win.