Anyone Still Suckin Down the Kool-Aid

billsfan_34

TT is not a worthy leader because he is not a worthy QB and, is not worth the matter money he would get paid if we don't get out of the contract he signed.

I'm not suggesting a switch now but when the inevitable missed the playoffs again period begins.

Go and check where "TT's contract" puts him in the pecking order of starting NFL qbs

Then come back and comment

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have ad nauseum you mouth breather.

Review:

1) gut the front office and raid the staffs of top contenders (ne, gb, Pitt, ) to replace.

2) trade off all high dollar underperforming contracts, eat the cap hit next year.

3) allow the new front office to choose a coach

4) draft quarterbacks every year in appropriate spots

5) focus on draft development and never ever ever sink too much money into players with drug or injury histories

I believe if you do this for a period of five years you would see a completely different franchise and for the better.

lets walk through this:

raid the top contenders for front office people...............Whaley Steelers - check

trade high dollar unde rperforming contracts................Manny Lawson, Kraig Urbik, Nigel Bradham, Leodis McKelvin, Mario Williams- check

Let front office pick next coach not the owner................Didnt Kraft select Bellechik and Rooney pick Tomlin

Draft a q

So you rather just enjoy the B word session type discussion?

To me THAT is fingernails on a keyboard

No because you don't really care what he would do.

The whole question is patently ridiculous. Him, you, me are under no obligation to say what we would do. That's on the FO.

It's like taking your car to a mechanic. He works on it and you bring it home only to find out you got the same problem. You question what happened and the mechanic says "Well what would you do to fix it?" It's not your responsibility to know what's wrong but it is his because that's his frickin' job. And you don't need to be a mechanic yourself to realize he doesn't know what he's doing.

Nobody here is the GM and you don't have to be one to know what the Bills have been doing for the last decade and a half isn't working. Is being a GM hard? No doubt. But it's his job to fix it. Not mine, not yours or anybody elses. That's why the Bills GM gets paid the big bucks. It's his job to make the team work and if he can't you don't have to be the reincarnation of Vince Lombardi to have an opinion.

Now look what you made me do. I like the job Whaley is doing but your response is so dumb it warranted a reply.

Edited by gumby

Do you have a link for the correct quote? Thanks

You have to read the description of the process as Terry outlined it in the press conference properly. The process was:

- series of 1st interviews

- Pegulas impressed with Rex Ryan

- 2nd interview where he talked football with Whaley and about the community with Kim

- Bills decide that Rex is the guy

- Then Brandon says "don't let him out of the building"

It is all there in the transcript of the press conference... but you have to read the full description of the process and not just that line. The quote means a different thing when it is in context.

EDIT: I repeat again - I believe there was dysfunction in the process but it wasn't Brandon forcing Rex on the Pegulas it was the Pegulas forcing Rex on Whaley.

Edited by GunnerBill

How in the fuk would you know? The fact is I DO care....I want to know what someone who hates everthing this organization would do would offer as a alternate. You dont know me....you dont think for me....and you dont have any idea what I am thinking so stop pretending you do.

The whole question is patently ridiculous. Him, you, me are under no obligation to say what we would do. That's on the FO.

No its not....if you believe that strongly on how bad this team is....then you have an idea of how you would fix it. If you DONT know how you would fix it then your just pissin in the wind. This is a forum of discussion....."this team sucks" is empty discussion. "This team sucks but XX player would make us better is an opinion but at least you can have a discussion about it.

It's like taking your car to a mechanic. He works on it and you bring it home only to find out you got the same problem. You question what happened and the mechanic says "Well what would you do to fix it?" It's not your responsibility to know what's wrong but it is his because that's his frickin' job. And you don't need to be a mechanic yourself to realize he doesn't know what he's doing.

So your advocate of "this team sucks and I dont know a god damned thing about why it sucks....just fix it' I however like discussion of WHY does the damn car not work. If fans are going to tell others they are stupid and dont know anything about mechanics they should at least be educated enough to explain how they would fix it.....otherwise they are just pissin in the wind.

Nobody here is the GM and you don't have to be one to know what the Bills have been doing for the last decade and a half isn't working. Is being a GM hard? No doubt. But it's his job to fix it. Not mine, not yours or anybody elses. That's why the Bills GM gets paid the big bucks. It's his job to make the team work and if he can't you don't have to be the reincarnation of Vince Lombardi to have an opinion.

There are some here that act like they are as smart as NFL gms....and your defending them.

Now look what you made me do. I like the job Whaley is doing but your response is so dumb it warranted a response.

I like the job he is doing to....and frankly there is nothing wrong with someone NOT liking the job he is doing.....but pissin in the wind and having a informed opinion or two different things.....the problem is you have wind pissers acting like they have a informed opinion and others are wrong.

If im wrong.....explain why I am wrong by offering some insight on what they would do as a opinion?

I really hope Pegula is conducting some independant consultation of who and what resources are available to turn the team around. Completely independant of the existing FO structure. Not a "czar", just a consultant or entity that can advise him of who and what else is available and capable of running a franchise.

He has got to be doing research outside of Brandon, Rex and Whaley on how to get this going in the right direction. If he is soley relying on that group, we are sunk.

Rex, Whaley and Tyrod will be back next year, with similar results from this year, but after that, Pegula has got to poise the team to go in a completely different direction. Pegula HAS TO put his own stamp on the team. The team as it stands is just mired in mediocrity.

We watch these other teams that have clear leadership, clear team building philosphies and it just makes the Bills all the more painful to watch. Undisciplined players, poor conditioning, lack of fire in the players, coaches and FO. Its infuriating, thats why us fans are so bitchy with each other. Because the teams lack of direction is... Its intolerable.

What is this myth about the Bills changing coaches over and over? We gave Gailey three years and he had his worst year his last one. Fired. We gave Marrone 5 years but he walked because the owners screwed up. We gave Dick 4 years? 5?

This team doesn't have nearly the coaching staff turnover of other bottom feeder teams. And as the Raiders and Chiefs have shown, you just need to hire one decent staff to turn it around.

How in the fuk would you know? The fact is I DO care....I want to know what someone who hates everthing this organization would do would offer as a alternate. You dont know me....you dont think for me....and you dont have any idea what I am thinking so stop pretending you do.

No its not....if you believe that strongly on how bad this team is....then you have an idea of how you would fix it. If you DONT know how you would fix it then your just pissin in the wind. This is a forum of discussion....."this team sucks" is empty discussion. "This team sucks but XX player would make us better is an opinion but at least you can have a discussion about it.

So your advocate of "this team sucks and I dont know a god damned thing about why it sucks....just fix it' I however like discussion of WHY does the damn car not work. If fans are going to tell others they are stupid and dont know anything about mechanics they should at least be educated enough to explain how they would fix it.....otherwise they are just pissin in the wind.

There are some here that act like they are as smart as NFL gms....and your defending them.

Now look what you made me do. I like the job Whaley is doing but your response is so dumb it warranted a response.

I like the job he is doing to....and frankly there is nothing wrong with someone NOT liking the job he is doing.....but pissin in the wind and having a informed opinion or two different things.....the problem is you have wind pissers acting like they have a informed opinion and others are wrong.

If im wrong.....explain why I am wrong by offering some insight on what they would do as a opinion?

Asking what would you do to fix it is a message board tactic to invalidate a persons POV. The topic is being changed from the original to go after the respondent's answer. If the conversation would then go as a back and forth as to the poster's ideas that would be fine. Rarely it ever does and if you go back over the posts you will see an aggressive stance against the guys who question the direction of the team.

If you really care what he has to say then you are a rare breed. Most here don't.

I really hope Pegula is conducting some independant consultation of who and what resources are available to turn the team around. Completely independant of the existing FO structure. Not a "czar", just a consultant or entity that can advise him of who and what else is available and capable of running a franchise.

He has got to be doing research outside of Brandon, Rex and Whaley on how to get this going in the right direction. If he is soley relying on that group, we are sunk.

Rex, Whaley and Tyrod will be back next year, with similar results from this year, but after that, Pegula has got to poise the team to go in a completely different direction. Pegula HAS TO put his own stamp on the team. The team as it stands is just mired in mediocrity.

We watch these other teams that have clear leadership, clear team building philosphies and it just makes the Bills all the more painful to watch. Undisciplined players, poor conditioning, lack of fire in the players, coaches and FO. Its infuriating, thats why us fans are so bitchy with each other. Because the teams lack of direction is... Its intolerable.

I think you have a good point here

I do grow tired of blue chip players taking on injuries that hamper this team......why us....every year....at certain positions. and outside unbiased opinion is also not a bad thing.

What is this myth about the Bills changing coaches over and over? We gave Gailey three years and he had his worst year his last one. Fired. We gave Marrone 5 years but he walked because the owners screwed up. We gave Dick 4 years? 5?

This team doesn't have nearly the coaching staff turnover of other bottom feeder teams. And as the Raiders and Chiefs have shown, you just need to hire one decent staff to turn it around.

wait....what?

Asking what would you do to fix it is a message board tactic to invalidate a persons POV. The topic is being changed from the original to go after the respondent's answer. If the conversation would then go as a back and forth as to the poster's ideas that would be fine. Rarely it ever does and if you go back over the posts you will see an aggressive stance against the guys who question the direction of the team.

If you really care what he has to say then you are a rare breed. Most here don't.

I care

I think you have a good point here

I do grow tired of blue chip players taking on injuries that hamper this team......why us....every year....at certain positions. and outside unbiased opinion is also not a bad thing.

wait....what?

I care

The Bills do not have a history of changing coaches over and over at the rate of other crappy teams.

Also, we need to dump TT because he is only going to hold this team back

Edited by jmc12290

The Bills do not have a history of changing coaches over and over at the rate of other crappy teams.

Also, we need to dump TT because he is only going to hold this team back

I am not a huge Tyrod fan, never have been. But he has to be back next year. He will be back next year.

I thought they could have given Chan another year, supported Jauron until the end and did not want Marrone to go (a lot here wanted him fired before he quit) or Mularkey back in the day.

The first Head Coach I have actively advocated firing since becoming a Bills fan is Rex Ryan. I just do not rate his abilities as a Head Coach and never really have.

I am not a huge Tyrod fan, never have been. But he has to be back next year. He will be back next year.

I agree with your last two statements. I'm hoping TT will play more aggressively once he is locked into that contract. Right now I feel he's laying back, trying to put up the most positive numbers he can to win that payday. Can't say as I blame him either. He should be set for life if he's smart.

Tyrod is just enough to convince this silly FO from bringing in more talented QB prospects. That will harm us in the end.

Well, what other options are out there? Whaley is incapable of hoodwinking another GM for a good QB that would be an upgrade.

We could probably make a play for busted up broken ass old Romo for $28 million a year. But that dosent seem like a good idea.

Hoyer?

Cutler?

Ew

Well, what other options are out there? Whaley is incapable of hoodwinking another GM for a good QB that would be an upgrade.

We could probably make a play for busted up broken ass old Romo for $28 million a year. But that dosent seem like a good idea.

Hoyer?

Cutler?

Ew

Romo was the difference between a 4-12 team and a 12-4 playoff team last season. Yes please.