What's Cardale Jones up to?

Commish

We can start with Im not sure Ive seen another prospect like him. Ive seen a 1000 prospects like him and they are all currently selling insurance after a two year NFL career. The guy got benched his final college season. Hes not John Elway coming out of Stanford.

OK.....just step back and think about it for a minute

Do you really think that a 6'5 mobile QB with a cannon that went against the best Div 1 college competition and won a champsionship is gonna be available to us in the 4th round if he didnt need some seasoning?

Are you one of those people that think elite QBs can be picked up on the end ile at Wall Mart?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having legit NFL receivers might also actually help......see what I did there?

I dont care if the janitor is out there playing receiver, if hes open and Tyrod overthrows him, underthrows him, throws it behind, or to far in front its a bad throw.

OK.....just step back and think about it for a minute

Do you really think that a 6'5 mobile QB with a cannon that went against the best Div 1 college competition and won a champsionship is gonna be available to us in the 4th round if he didnt need some seasoning?

Are you one of those people that think elite QBs can be picked up on the end ile at Wall Mart?

Yea lets actually think about this because you clearly arent. Hes a 4th round pick who got benched his final year. Does that sound like a propect unlike what youve ever seen before? Doesnt sound like it to me. He has some skill but hes extremely raw and the likelyhood that hell develop into a starter is very low. Funny that you accuse me of thinking elite qbs come from walmart because you seem to think they come everywhere in the draft. You sound like "well tom brady got picked in the sixth round so we can find a hall of famer there to" guy. Jones got picked in the 4th for a reason. The odds are very much against him. Infering that hes some great prospect is nonsense. Your Walmart comment actually makes as little sense as the original comment I critcized. If I thought elite qbs could be found anywhere I would choose to ignore the facts and agree with that poster. There very hard to find. Right now the NFL has a handful of them. Maybe fix or six that are truelly elite. Doesnt sound like a position you can find anywhere.

We can start with Im not sure Ive seen another prospect like him. Ive seen a 1000 prospects like him and they are all currently selling insurance after a two year NFL career. The guy got benched his final college season. Hes not John Elway coming out of Stanford.

let's hear about these 1000 Giants with huge arms and mobility who won national championships. Cool stories tho

So, tell me about the other 1000 prospects who were 6'5" 265, mobile, with a cannon arm, who have played less than one full season, yet won the national championship, then were benched, without ever losing a college game, playing at the highest level. I'll hang up and listen.

He's got nothing for ya.

You are talking at cross purposes. Mannc and others have never claimed that Cardale's skill set is unique... but that the situation is unique.

TANK is saying he has seen guys with huge arms, mobility and size but sketchy mechanics before and they do not pan out.

Both of those things are true. The question is whether the very unique scenario that was Jones' career at OSU means we should pay less heed to the normal conventions when evaluating a Quarterback prospect and that comes back to where The Big Cat started. Some guys have "it" and thrive despite all logic. If Cardale becomes a franchise Quarterback it will be because of that and not because he is a textbook operator at the position.

let's hear about these 1000 Giants with huge arms and mobility who won national championships. Cool stories tho

He's got nothing for ya.

Your right Cardales gonna be a ten time superbowl champ whose gonna be the first qb to break the 100000 yard mark for his career. With a first time ever 100 td to 1int ratio. Fifteen yards per attempt. 1500 yards rushing per season. 60 tds average passing a season and 20 tds rushing. Hell also be the first ever fifteen time MVP. Does that work better in your delisional world. Been enjoying those 17 consecutive superbowls the Bills just won. bet your really enjoying the 10000 yard, 100 td pace tyrod is on this year. that 150 yard td run he had against the patriots last week was probably the most exciting play in the bills 72-0 victory. great to be 8-0 this year with an average margin of victory of 95 pts. Which actually makes the 72-0 against the Pats a bit disappointing.Thought they should have put up at least 100 against them. And if you think I literally meant 1000 draft picks your not very bright. Edited by TANK2

Your right Cardales gonna be a ten time superbowl champ whose gonna be the first qb to break the 100000 yard mark for his career. With a first time ever 100 td to 1int ratio. Fifteen yards per attempt. 1500 yards rushing per season. 60 tds average passing a season and 20 tds rushing. Hell also be the first ever fifteen time MVP. Does that work better in your delisional world. Been enjoying those 17 consecutive superbowls the Bills just won. bet your really enjoying the 10000 yard, 100 td pace tyrod is on this year. that 150 yard td run he had against the patriots last week was probably the most exciting play in the bills 72-0 victory. great to be 8-0 this year with an average margin of victory of 95 pts. Which actually makes the 72-0 against the Pats a bit disappointing.Thought they should have put up at least 100 against them. And if you think I literally meant 1000 draft picks your not very bright.

Nice meltdown, time to retake English classes. You live in a delisional world without apostrophe's.

I'm on board with that TD vs INT ratio, light brite.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

So, tell me about the other 1000 prospects who were 6'5" 265, mobile, with a cannon arm, who have played less than one full season, yet won the national championship, then were benched, without ever losing a college game, playing at the highest level. I'll hang up and listen.

Do they have to have the same middle name or how exact do we have to be here?

Would you like guys like Vince young and tebow who weren't benched (and tebow was a little smaller)?

Not totally up to date here but I'd say this list is a good reason the championship isn't quite the predictor some of you think it is: http://www.thegridfe.com/2015/05/21/national-championship-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl/

If you pull the benching and the championship off along with the benching Jamarcus is the same 40, monster arm, 6'5 265 coming in....

Were getting a really cheap shot compared to these guys which is great but athletes that need to learn the position aren't traditionally the best bets at qb. He's a long shot but a reasonable value and at least has a shot

Edited by NoSaint

Who had more talent... this was a thread I was going to wait until the end of the season...

EJ Manuel or Cardale Jones coming out of the draft - who was more poised to be a pro?

I dodged that one figuring the response was going to be that ej didn't have the "it" factor

Who had more talent... this was a thread I was going to wait until the end of the season...

EJ Manuel or Cardale Jones coming out of the draft - who was more poised to be a pro?

EJ was definitely closer to being "pro ready" if such a thing exists and he was never ready enough.

I get what you are saying. He's Vince Young except that Jones couldn't hold down a job in college.

Here's a good article on jones from last year. The osu offense didn't fit his style, he was marked as extremely raw with some undeveloped traits, and was touted as a big arm qb. So we are basically at the same point as last year with him, only hopefully he's learning a pro offense from the sidelines.

www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2016-nfl-draft-cardale-jones-benched-how-does-it-affect-his-nfl-future/

Nice meltdown, time to retake English classes. You live in a delisional world without apostrophe's.

I'm on board with that TD vs INT ratio, light brite.

Wow. Your really getting desperate when you start to critique my english skills. I just choose not to live on fantasy island like you do. Its ok. Nothing wrong with just being happy to have a team. Many people have low standards like you. Its actually a really good place to be. I wish I could be just like you. 8-8. 6-10. 4-12. No problem. And anybody who doesnt just accept that and isnt willing to shell out a couple grand a year for seasons tickets. 25 a game for parking. 10 per watered down beer and 6 bucks for a stale piece of pizza is just a negative jerk. All while subsidizing 100 million dollar contracts for guys who will be declaring bankruptcy five years after retirement. Your right.Im the one with the problem. 17 years and no playoffs. Hell. Lets make it thirty. Tyrod misses ten wide open receivers in Seattle. At least he didnt miss twenty. Must be great to have no standards. That way your never disappointed. I envy you. You also might want to look up the spelling of delusional, english expert. Edited by TANK2

There is a specific crowd (individual) in the D Carr thread that thinks the Bills should take a QB in R1 year after year. Since we all know that is baboonery, taking a CJ in R4 in 2015 does not inhibit a team in any way from taking another QB in 2016 in ANY round.

thank you !

Wow. Your really getting desperate when you start to critique my english skills. I just choose not to live on fantasy island like you do. Its ok. Nothing wrong with just being happy to have a team. Many people have low standards like you. Its actually a really good place to be. I wish I could be just like you. 8-8. 6-10. 4-12. No problem. And anybody who doesnt just accept that and is willing to shell out a couple grand a year for seasons tickets. 25 a game for parking. 10 per watered down beer and 6 bucks for a stale piece of pizza is just a negative jerk. All while subsidizing 100 million dollar contracts for guys who will be declaring bankruptcy five years after retirement. Your right.Im the one with the problem. 17 years and no playoffs. Hell. Lets make it thirty. Tyrod misses ten wide open receivers in Seattle. At least he didnt miss twenty. Must be great to have no standards. That way your never disappointed. I envy you.

Tell us more about how Cardale Jones is responsible for your butthurt and the past 17 years.

Boo hoo. Take the English classes.

Tell us more about how Cardale Jones is responsible for your butthurt and the past 17 years.

Boo hoo. Take the English classes.

Talk about having nothing. Its delusional btw, not delisional. Tell us more about english, Enstein. Might want to learn how to spell before giving english lessons. Edited by TANK2

Talk about having nothing. Its delusional btw, not delisional. Tell us more about english, Enstein.

This getting humorous.

I personally have a fear of the Apostrophe and other punctuational features

And it's it's btw, not its.

it's nits , you nuts

And it's it's btw, not its.

You guys are in the wrong place. Just go to google and type in "proper grammar". Im sure you can find someone who cares about apostophes. Apparently youve never listened to some of these athletes in interviews. Doubt youd be fans if you cared so much about grammar.

Edited by TANK2