Pats trade Jamie Collins

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion this type of move should be done more often. If you have a player in a contract year and you know that you will most likely not be signing him to new deal then it is foolish not to try and get some type of compensation for him before he walks. Do we dangle a pick to browns for Haden to replace Gilmore after this season? Do we have the cap room to do so

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

The timing is odd considering he's what I consider to be their best defensive player and clearly they are making a SB run. They could have gotten a 3rd round comp pick if they waited until FA and let him walk. Only difference is they get one in 2017 now vs 2018. Clears less than half mill off 2016 cap.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The timing is odd. They could have gotten a 3rd round comp pick if they waited until FA and let him walk. Only difference is they get one in 2017 now vs 2018. Clears less than half mill off 2016 cap.

Get the pick earlier and apparently he's been freelancing this year. Pissed Belichick off.

Love the move for the Browns though.

The timing is odd considering he's what I consider to be their best defensive player and clearly they are making a SB run. They could have gotten a 3rd round comp pick if they waited until FA and let him walk. Only difference is they get one in 2017 now vs 2018. Clears less than half mill off 2016 cap.

long term i dont know their cap but if they expect to make some signings in free agency for a last push next year, its possible they are not banking on comp picks to be awarded to them

My thoughts exactly.