Jeeze How unlucky are we to miss out on Prescott

Yeezus

Sweet Jesus, everyone passed on this guy. Dallas didn't even want him. They wanted to trade up for Lynch. They tried to trade up for Cook. Then they tried signing Foles.

**** happens and sometimes you get lucky

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Whaley had 3 chances to draft the guy "he really liked". So he must've not "really liked" him enough.

I've been banging the drum for the Bills to draft 2 QB's every draft because it's so painfully obvious you're absolutely no where as a franchise without a QB that can sling the ball all over the field, something the Bills haven't had for 20 years.

Doug Whaley's philosophy has been much different. He's a run and stop the run type of guy. You saw what that philosophy looks like when you go against teams that have decided they are going to dominate you with offense, particularly the passing game...... and beat you on Sundays. The Bills still are trying to swim upstream with their backwards philosophies and until those philosophies properly match with what wins in this league (passing) this team will continue to waste away in no mans land.

You can't have a QB controversy unless you actually draft QB's. Buffalo hasn't taken a QB who may have challenged the incumbent starter since Trentative in 2007.

The Bills have a GM who's gathering players for a HC. Both individuals are building a roster that won't be anything better than average. And going from 8-8 to 10-6 or better is a huge leap that will be hard without a QB who can take over a game and/or make up for sub-par defense or a poor running game.

I don't buy that at all. I think most guys pretty much are who they are. It's like people who say Big Ben wouldn't have been good if the Bills trade up to draft him had gone through. Accuracy and playmaking ability generally don't improve that much. Talent is talent and it lifts up those around them. Clay would look much better with Prescott at the helm and so would pretty much any WR the Bills put out there. The Pats are just fortunate for drafting TB late. They didn't make him what he is. He made the Pats.

If he had been starting here since opening day, it's possible. Probably not, because it is Brady after all. It would have been much closer, and the passing game wouldn't look remedial.

Are who they are.

Who is Ben, the injury prone QB who chokes in the playoff when it matters? Or the Super Bowl winner in the beginning?

Who is kaep? Cuz he's sure not the guy people were drooling over his first 20 or 30 starts.

What's wrong with Aaron Roders? Nothing this week or was that inability to convert on 4-3 just to get into field goal range and couldn't deliver who he is

Eagles picking a QB first round wasn't any where near their thinking one eagles season into Nick Foles

Ever see Steve Young play in Tampa? I guess the niners didn't either.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

It helps that his HC, OC & QB Coach are ALL former QBs. It helps that he has the best OLine in the NFL. It helps having Witten at TE & Dez.

If he were on the Bills he'd be very similar with other rookies who have come into the league.

Chooo choooo. All aboard the excuse train. Dez hasn't played in a while fwiw.

He got popped for drinking and driving right before the draft. Smart.

Very smart. He's winninh and makes quick decisions with much better accuracy that our project qb.

Good luck telling everyone about his dui when he's winning playoff games

Edited by Ryan L Billz

None of those 2 have anything to do with him throwing the ball with great accuracy and knowing how to properly read a defense

I think it is a mix of both. Having said that our OL has played really well, giving our QB enough time to make a play. Dax would have been fine behind this OL.

so far on Dak in the game at home vs PHI - just saying:

2nd and 9 Too high to Dez B
3rd and 9 - check down lucky 1st down by Zeke
1st down - indecisive - sacked
2nd down - short armed- incomplete
3rd down - incomplete
Punt

0 yd pass to Zeke
Nice 53 yard pass to Dez
short and behind t williams
nice 5 yd run TD

2 Nice dump offs to Zeke (only EJ wouldnt complete those)
Incomplete long to Dez almost Int

To high to Bryant, nearly Int

POINT? They are all human (besides Brady) and it's a team sport and there are VERY few "great" ones.

Even if the Bills drafted Dak, I don't think he would have the same success. Bryant is healthy and playing. Elliott leads NFL in rushing, and Cowboys O line is much better. The Bills offense is inferior in each category. Plus Cowboys have better coaching. Sad but true.

Chooo choooo. All aboard the excuse train. Dez hasn't played in a while fwiw. Very smart. He's winninh and makes quick decisions with much better accuracy that our project qb.

Dez has played more than Sammy. Great retort.

He went in the 4th so everybody passed on him. He fell into a perfect situation.

Your not a football guy so I won't go into further detail.

Even if the Bills drafted Dak, I don't think he would have the same success. Bryant is healthy and playing. Elliott leads NFL in rushing, and Cowboys O line is much better. The Bills offense is inferior in each category. Plus Cowboys have better coaching. Sad but true.

Bryant has not been healthy and is just getting back this week.

Dez has played more than Sammy. Great retort.

He went in the 4th so everybody passed on him. He fell into a perfect situation.

Your not a football guy so I won't go into further detail.

It's you're kinda like you're unstable with because Tyrod sucked again, cool insults though.

Being a blind homer makes you a "football guy". Thanks for the lesson.

Dak won plenty without Dez. He's good.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Chooo choooo. All aboard the excuse train. Dez hasn't played in a while fwiw. Very smart. He's winninh and makes quick decisions with much better accuracy that our project qb.

I doubt that matters. I'd worry more about the train wreck I've seen so far tonight. His passer rating is rocking a 39.9 at the moment. Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Updated to reflect complete half:

2nd and 9 Too high to Dez B
3rd and 9 - check down lucky 1st down by Zeke
1st down - indecisive - sacked
2nd down - short armed- incomplete
3rd down - incomplete
Punt

0 yd pass to Zeke
Nice 53 yard pass to Dez
short and behind t williams
nice 5 yd run TD

Nice dump offs to Zeke
Incomplete long to Dez almost Int

Too high to Bryant, nearly Int

2nd and 9- Too short for T williams
3rd and 9 - screen to Elliot for 6
Punt

Nice throw to a wide open Dez deep hook outside 20 yds
Nice long run
Incomplete in EZ to Dez
Throws INT in End Zone - into triple coverage

The 'attack whomever the Bills starting QB is at all costs and blame him for every loss crew' would have skewered him by now,

Maybe his 2nd half will be better. :)

Dak won plenty without Dez. He's good.

Tyrod won 4 without Sammy. Tyrod was bad today, no doubt. But our secondary sucked worse.

Would love to see what the game would be like with Sammy & Shady. Shady was on an MVP roll before getting hurt in practice. Sammy & TT had a great connection the final 4-6 weeks and our offensive weapons are a skeleton crew. You are too blind to see.

...and I think your a closet Pats* fan still.

Tyrod won 4 without Sammy. Tyrod was bad today, no doubt. But our secondary sucked worse.

Would love to see what the game would be like with Sammy & Shady. Shady was on an MVP roll before getting hurt in practice. Sammy & TT had a great connection the final 4-6 weeks and our offensive weapons are a skeleton crew. You are too blind to see.

...and I think your a closet Pats* fan still.

Brisket Keenum Kaeperfro and the ghost of Carson Palmer

Murderer's row.