Corey Graham Post Game Interview

Fadingpain

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the veterans of the secondary, it's disappointing that Graham and Gilmore haven't taken on Aaron's leadership role. I'm on record that I think Aaron's a pretty average player but Rex has typically had that kind of vocal guy in the secondary to marshall the troops. Why he loved Jim Leonhard, why he wanted an old Ed Reed.

On the list of the top 1000 things Gilmore has done to disappoint me this year, not being a vocal veteran leader may come in at 1010.

Edited by The Big Cat

The days of complex systems are over, unless you're full of vets who are experienced in that same system.

Rex is a dinosaur.

And how many coaches do you need to develop a game plan and communicate it. Seems like there's too many chefs in the kitchen.

I am honestly too tired to break down Rex's struggles with this D. Too tired ofhis bull ****. He brought in His brother to whip up game plans exactly for the Patriots and social situations. At least, thats if you believe Rex. But why should you? He wasgoing to build a bully, playoffs,etc

Nevermind we knew Aaron Williams was 30 seconds away from. Retirement in the off season and we had next to no opportunity to get a Ryan type Safety. Rookies at safety take too long to break in and catch up veteran safeties worth a crock are hard to come by because they are so absolutely scheme specific. Whaley did about all he could in the weakest position on the team that needs one of its best players to be in that position. Rex needs his guy, who knows the scheme knows the game and can p!ay it.

Today we are b!among Gilmore for what Gilmore has never had. Hes never had good hands. He's always gave up big plays on occasion. He never has been an over the top cover guy. Hes been a physical LOS jamming which dominates when he can be physical. The games he plays most poorly in are games in which Williams isn't playing and our safeties are awdul. Simply put, hes note a shut down corner in this league. But there are only a few of them out there. Sherman routinely gets is ass beat bur safeties save him. Norman is all scheme. Peterson is very, very good at man up. Revis was extremely good at one point, too. But Revis had a system where he didnt have to worry about the inside. His LB's and safeties covered it. We don't have good LB's. We have one decent safety. We desperately need a free safety

Edited by Boyst62

Another indication that these guys clearly prefer a Schwartz- type system where there is less "thinking". Rex's system can be very effective with the right pieces and we're clearly better at it this year than last. At the same time it just feels like it's not "right" with all the checks and whatnot. I think a lot of times in football the coaches make things more complicated than they need to be.

Schwartz Bills D v Brady

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400554259

Graham's interview and Ryan's comments all point to Blanton as the guy mostly responsible. Sounds like a Billy Joe Hobert situation where the back up is pressed into action, and he doesn't know the playbook.

As the veterans of the secondary, it's disappointing that Graham and Gilmore haven't taken on Aaron's leadership role. I'm on record that I think Aaron's a pretty average player but Rex has typically had that kind of vocal guy in the secondary to marshall the troops. Why he loved Jim Leonhard, why he wanted an old Ed Reed.

those guys are on the back end making full field reads while gilmore is on the line. the communication is going to come from the safety spot and not CB, generally

Rex throwing Gilmore under the bus is the obvious choice. He's gone next year - likely Carolina whom is interested.

Gilmore has said privately that calls aren't getting in on time for defense. There is confusion with the calls. And the schemes are too complex

@andy_benoit

#Patriots #Bills Based on rules of Cover 4 vs. 3x1 sets, I believe CB Gilmore is most to blame for Hogan 48-yd TD, not S Meeks.

Even if he WAS in zone, there was nobody coming underneath. There was NO reason to just let him go. It was third and forever and Brady was under pressure.

Make a play and stay with your man. Do what the situation calls for.

Even if he WAS in zone, there was nobody coming underneath. There was NO reason to just let him go. It was third and forever and Brady was under pressure.

Make a play and stay with your man. Do what the situation calls for.

gilote gets beat deep. Its what he does. He has always been prone to the big play deep ball. He has always needed safety help when having any type of deep route. Its...just how it goes. Overall, he has done much better than worse and had some very good games this year.

Cover 4 was the last coverage is call against NE same with RAT. Cover 1 or 3 with a deep FS to the strong side is all is go. It made no sense for cover 4 in nickel setting. Go dime and do cover 4