Corey Graham Post Game Interview

Fadingpain

gilote gets beat deep. Its what he does. He has always been prone to the big play deep ball. He has always needed safety help when having any type of deep route. Its...just how it goes. Overall, he has done much better than worse and had some very good games this year.

Cover 4 was the last coverage is call against NE same with RAT. Cover 1 or 3 with a deep FS to the strong side is all is go. It made no sense for cover 4 in nickel setting. Go dime and do cover 4

Actually Rex's typical Cover-6 works well against NE when he can disguise it as Cover 1 or Cover 3...the problem I saw is that NE's motion and shifting to empty lead to predictable checks by the defense that allowed him to more easily identify the coverages.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Rex's typical Cover-6 works well against NE when he can disguise it as Cover 1 or Cover 3...the problem I saw is that NE's motion and shifting to empty lead to predictable checks by the defense that allowed him to more easily identify the coverages.

I forget about cover 6. And yes, the checks made the game entirely too easy for Brady. Its the biggest problem with Rex's system. There is no adaption of the scheme. It changes everything should one little piece move. Its like Chess vs War. Rex plays analog when the rest of the league plays digital

I forget about cover 6. And yes, the checks made the game entirely too easy for Brady. Its the biggest problem with Rex's system. There is no adaption of the scheme. It changes everything should one little piece move. Its like Chess vs War. Rex plays analog when the rest of the league plays digital

Players make plays.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. This has been my biggest beef with Rex's system.

Add to it the fact that a heady QB like Brady will pick up on your adjustments and use them against you, and it's a recipe for a disaster whenever any one thing goes wrong.

Opposing offenses can choose how they want to beat this defense, they can concentrate on the run like Miami or the pass like NE & the Jets. Either way it's pretty easy to dominate this D.

On offense the plan is to make Tyrod act like an NFL passer. He is woefully inept as an NFL passer.

Opposing offenses can choose how they want to beat this defense, they can concentrate on the run like Miami or the pass like NE & the Jets. Either way it's pretty easy to dominate this D.

Not really...the game against Miami is really the only game in which they've been dominated in the trenches.

The success against Buffalo's defense has largely come with creating confusion in the secondary.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. This has been my biggest beef with Rex's system.

Add to it the fact that a heady QB like Brady will pick up on your adjustments and use them against you, and it's a recipe for a disaster whenever any one thing goes wrong.

further, every adjustment is met with only one solution. His simple adjustments to RAT is too easy to read. He understand hiding rush/blitz packages. That's it. He can't mask stunts. He can't mask schemes. His DB blitzes are horrible.

On offense the plan is to make Tyrod act like an NFL passer. He is woefully inept as an NFL passer.

I'd like to respond to this fully. But want to know what you're seeing so I can help you distinguish what's really happening.

It'll be interesting to see the different packages Rex and Co. called on 3rd downs.

The Bills were beasts on 1st and 2nd downs and crap on 3rd. Hopefully this isn't due to Rex and Rob out smarting themselves with weird packages and calls.

You hit the nail on the head!! It's so frustrating to see runners stuffed, Brady sacked, a pass break-up (well, I can dream) - only to give it all up on 3rd down. AUGH!!!!!