Pats game day experience....terrible

Mango

Tailgating has absolutely nothing to do with behavior like that. All societies have scumbags, just like all societies have decent, kind hearted people.

Thats obviously a rarity what the poster experienced, a once in a lifetime occurrence with some pathetic, disturbed losers.

There are nice happy drunks and mean drunks. It's one factor, which is hard to deny. And it's not once in a lifetime.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a f*cked up story for sure and no doubt it happens but how are small children even permitted into a stadium environment?

If you can't get a babysitter stay home.

Babies in particular make people feel like they can do whatever they want.....rational or otherwise....... under the guise that they are taking care of a baby.......and that is kind of what this sounds like.

This is a disturbing post for me. My youngest (10) wants to go to a Bills game in the worst way...to the point that my wife was looking for cheap airfare without telling me (God bless her!).

I live in Jet land and won't even consider taking the fam to Met Life, I've seen too much and have been fortunate enough to only endure mild (expected) abuse in my Bills jersey. But Bills-on-Bills? I can't remember ever seeing Jets-on-Jets.

For those that said Mango should not have been carrying that much food..WTF? I guess she shouldn't have been wearing that dress, eh? I've been at many sporting events carrying too many beers/food and knowing full well that one false move/unlucky bump will render it useless. I accept that. What does that have to do with Mango's experience?

I have been to games at the Rich/ Ralph/ New Era over the past 35+ years (I'm in my 40's). I have come to expect and have seen all of the following:

1. Men pissing in sinks. (Once when I was a kid, right next to me...my Dad explained to me that we don't wash our hands at Bills games...ever).

2. Fights...in the lots pre game, post game, in the concourse and in the stands. Once I saw two women square off and throw haymakers at each other in their seats in the upper deck. I have never been to a game and not seen a fight.

3. People passed out drunk in their seats. (Why did they come?)

4. Zubaz

5. Some amazing fans, some $&sholes.

I have lived out of state for 20 years. It took me 10 of them to get used to going to sporting events and numbers 1-4 never happening.

I have been to games at the Rich/ Ralph/ New Era over the past 35+ years (I'm in my 40's). I have come to expect and have seen all of the following:

1. Men pissing in sinks. (Once when I was a kid, right next to me...my Dad explained to me that we don't wash our hands at Bills games...ever).

2. Fights...in the lots pre game, post game, in the concourse and in the stands. Once I saw two women square off and throw haymakers at each other in their seats in the upper deck. I have never been to a game and not seen a fight.

3. People passed out drunk in their seats. (Why did they come?)

4. Zubaz

5. Some amazing fans, some $&sholes.

I have lived out of state for 20 years. It took me 10 of them to get used to going to sporting events and numbers 1-4 never happening.

I have mentioned the incident previously at this forum, but I will never forget entering the stadium to go to my seat at like 8:45pm for a Monday night game when we were in our glory years. I saw a fan in the concourse outside the bathroom just standing there, looking like he was literally about to pass out dead drunk.

I said to my buddy: "Look at that guy! He is so drunk he is going to pass out!" and on that note, he literally fell to the ground beyond drunk out of his mind.

This was right around 8:45/8:50 pm, as we were headed to our seats for the START of the game.

I also thought "Why did he come?" Or pay money for the ticket?

I have mentioned the incident previously at this forum, but I will never forget entering the stadium to go to my seat at like 8:45pm for a Monday night game when we were in our glory years. I saw a fan in the concourse outside the bathroom just standing there, looking like he was literally about to pass out dead drunk.

I said to my buddy: "Look at that guy! He is so drunk he is going to pass out!" and on that note, he literally fell to the ground beyond drunk out of his mind.

This was right around 8:45/8:50 pm, as we were headed to our seats for the START of the game.

I also thought "Why did he come?" Or pay money for the ticket?

I can never figure out why they pay so much money to see so little of the game!

Another "fun" Rich Stadium memory...

Lovely sunny day, like week 2 of the season as I recall. Playing the Indianapolis Colts maybe 15 years ago or more.

I was up in the upper deck with 3 friends. All of a sudden, I heard the sickening "thump, thump, thump" of like a 200 pound sack of concrete being thrown onto the ground from the top of your garage.

I looked to my right and a guy was so drunk, he was literally falling down the stairway, tumbling for a good 4 or 5 rows.

I then heard a voice shout, from maybe 6 or 7 rows behind me somewhere: "Have another one, !@#$!"

A majority of fans in my area laughed.

The guy who fell got up about that time, was clearly in a world of hurt, and had blood all over his bare skinned arms. He looked dazed and in need of medical attention. He continued to stagger on his feet down several more rows of steps to the exit, disappeared, and never returned to his seat. I was watching for him out of curiosity.

I always thought he probably didn't return as much out of embarrassment as a genuine need for medical attention.

As a kid, on the way to Buffalo from Rochester, my Dad would always say the following: "son, you are going to see and hear things today that are very wrong, and if you ever tell your mother I won't be able to take you to any more Bills/ Sabres games.

Once at the old Aud, I saw a Montreal fan thrown from his seat while fighting with a Sabres fan and landed several rows below us. This was two seats down from me, I had a great view. (This was in the orange seats, if you ever sat in them you understand how this is possible). Its been more than 30 years since that happened, and I still haven't told my Mom!

Edited by Jkgobills

Another "fun" Rich Stadium memory...

Lovely sunny day, like week 2 of the season as I recall. Playing the Indianapolis Colts maybe 15 years ago or more.

I was up in the upper deck with 3 friends. All of a sudden, I heard the sickening "thump, thump, thump" of like a 200 pound sack of concrete being thrown onto the ground from the top of your garage.

I looked to my right and a guy was so drunk, he was literally falling down the stairway, tumbling for a good 4 or 5 rows.

I then heard a voice shout, from maybe 6 or 7 rows behind me somewhere: "Have another one, !@#$!"

A majority of fans in my area laughed.

The guy who fell got up about that time, was clearly in a world of hurt, and had blood all over his bare skinned arms. He looked dazed and in need of medical attention. He continued to stagger on his feet down several more rows of steps to the exit, disappeared, and never returned to his seat. I was watching for him out of curiosity.

I always thought he probably didn't return as much out of embarrassment as a genuine need for medical attention.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is any effort by the Bills to address the overall issue.

I can only speak to my experiences at Jet/Met Life which goes back a few years, at the time they encouraged texting section # to security to report problems. Not sure if that was effective but it made sense to me. Does Buffalo do that? Admittedly would not have helped Mango.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is any effort by the Bills to address the overall issue.

I can only speak to my experiences at Jet/Met Life which goes back a few years, at the time they encouraged texting section # to security to report problems. Not sure if that was effective but it made sense to me. Does Buffalo do that? Admittedly would not have helped Mango.

I believe the Bills do do something similar. I'm not really sure about current efforts to prevent unwanted behavior but I wouldn't criticize the organization for that as I just don't know the situation on that.

I can only report my personal experiences of fan behavior!

The fans at Met Life (I have been to games there) are a kind and gentle bunch by comparison.

I remember when they first built the dugout suites at the top of the 100-level, and every game someone from the 200-level would get drunk and try to do a lap around the stadium on top of them with the crowd cheering them on. One time some guy was doing it and a security guard from the 200-level speared him, and he fell off the top of a suite and down about 8 feet to the concrete.

People stopped doing it after that!

Edited by Spurna

I can never figure out why they pay so much money to see so little of the game!

Simple, the tickets aren't expensive enough.

I've lived in the PNW for the last 10 years or so. I'm going to the MNF game next week at CenturyLink. I paid over $350 for each seat, they are lower deck seats around the 25 yard line, about 20 rows up from the field. The cheapest seats (standing room only) are going for $200 a pop.

The Bills aren't exactly a hot ticket here, either. MNF draws a few people, but otherwise, it's an obscure opponent that hasn't been in town for 12 years.

In Buffalo, for a similar caliber game (vs Steelers), those 25 yd line seats are going for about $150 less, at $200 each. The cheapest seats are under $100.

If you raise the price, it will weed out the riff raff that permeate the stadium. The problem the Pegulas face is that they will price out legitimate fans in the process.

Simple, the tickets aren't expensive enough.

I've lived in the PNW for the last 10 years or so. I'm going to the MNF game next week at CenturyLink. I paid over $350 for each seat, they are lower deck seats around the 25 yard line, about 20 rows up from the field. The cheapest seats (standing room only) are going for $200 a pop.

The Bills aren't exactly a hot ticket here, either. MNF draws a few people, but otherwise, it's an obscure opponent that hasn't been in town for 12 years.

In Buffalo, for a similar caliber game (vs Steelers), those 25 yd line seats are going for about $150 less, at $200 each. The cheapest seats are under $100.

If you raise the price, it will weed out the riff raff that permeate the stadium. The problem the Pegulas face is that they will price out legitimate fans in the process.

Pick your poison