Where I'm at:

--DISCLAIMER--

I'm going to give you the rundown of where I think the team's going to be after 9 weeks and why. Some of you aren't going to like it. So, if you're tender-hearted and a hopeless sunny-side optimist, you may wish to avert your eyes. If you're just going to attack me personally rather than refute my points, you're going to get it right back. If you have legitimate reasons why I may be wrong, then come at me with them. Otherwise don't waste your or my time.

--END DISCLAIMER--

This team's going to be sub-.500 after the next two weeks. Here's why:

1) It's not built to play from behind. After four weeks of the defense and running game playing a complementary game, Shady's hurt. Like it or not Tyrod fanboys, SHADY IS THE OFFENSE. If he's anything less than 100%, we're likely to lose. We're going to be playing the Patriots, who in my estimation will likely hang 14 early on us, and with that kind of margin, the game is OVER. Don't believe me? Look at this week.

2) The following week, the team goes to Seattle. Now I know what -some- of you are thinking. This is a team who hasn't scored much. And you'd be right. BUT and this is a big BUT...they have a top-notch defense still, one that will severely over-match our offense from St. Mary's School for the Crippled and Lost. And the game's in Seattle. So while it won't be as dramatic a loss as the one to New England, it'll be a loss nonetheless.

And with those two losses, the Bills once mighty and seemingly inevitable "playoff" season will go down in flames.

109468.jpg

Edited by joesixpack

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone said we would lose to arizona and new england the first time too, just like everyone thought miami was a guaranteed win. You never know how the games will play out

Exactly. Inmates are going to be running the asylum this week.

disappointing game especially with the Bills up up by 11 in the 3rd

just too many holes on this team to consider them anything other than 8-8 at best

I had them at 6-10 for the season as I don't think Ryan and crew are very good coaches so I guess I am one of the pessimistic types..probably would have been wrong except all those injuries and the Dareus stunt(s) really put the team in a hole

If the Bills can win one of the next three they still have a chance (the AFC losses will eventually do them in)...still rooting for them but its really hard to see any silver linings with this team

2 things.

1) That loss was NOT on Tyrod. He was playing without Woods & Shady and still had a 17-6 lead late in the game. In the 4 weeks prior, all double digit wins, he played very similarly to yesterday.

2) I went into yesterday thinking a loss. The injuries were just too much. WR1, WR2, 50% Shady, no Dareus, etc. I had a feeling it would be ugly. We win that game easily with those 4. I'm still on record for 9-7 but they were ready for playoffs before all these injuries.

It's never over. Injuries will happen to other teams. Other teams who aren't deep...... like us.

Edited by r00tabaga

The only injury I'll agree with as being important is MCCOY.

McCoy is the offense, period.

Lynn was horrible yesterday, for as much praise as he has recieved for the last 4 games he should be getting more attention for this loss. If Shady is out we believe in the guys behind him....ok sure you do....did you give Mike consecutive touches all damn day!? Miami's run D is one of the worst in the league but we didn't even attempt to exploit it.

2 things.

1) That loss was NOT on Tyrod. He was playing without Woods & Shady and still had a 17-6 lead late in the game. In the 4 weeks prior, all double digit wins, he played very similarly to yesterday.

2) I went into yesterday thinking a loss. The injuries were just too much. WR1, WR2, 50% Shady, no Dareus, etc. I had a feeling it would be ugly. We win that game easily with those 4. I'm still on record for 9-7 but they were ready for playoffs before all these injuries.

It's never over. Injuries will happen to other teams. Other teams who aren't deep...... like us.

To your points:

1) before this game, I said it was going to come down to Tyrod's play because Shady was not going to be competitive. We needed more than we got in the 3rd and 4th from him, and he missed some WIDE open receivers on several occasions, including the fourth quarter throw to Glass that was HORRIBLY placed.

2) Philip Rivers has his top two receivers out and Danny woodhead to boot. They still put up 30+ points. He may be average (Tyrod) but he's NOT good.

Again, not entirely his fault this week, but he simply CANNOT put the team on his shoulders and win. That's my definition of a franchise QB.

To your points:

2) Philip Rivers has his top two receivers out and Danny woodhead to boot. They still put up 30+ points. He may be average (Tyrod) but he's NOT good.

I would not consider Woodhead in the same league as McCoy and they still had Gordon, who by the way had 3 TDs. They scored 30+ and we scored 25. So your point is lost.

Decent argument otherwise.

I would not consider Woodhead in the same league as McCoy and they still had Gordon, who by the way had 3 TDs. They scored 30+ and we scored 25. So your point is lost.

Decent argument otherwise.

Hooray for the garbagetime td with 16 secs left, down two scores: Tyrod fanboys need that bulletpoint.

He scored 17 vs a crap defense and got pantsed by Tannenhill.

#facts.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I agree with the OP. Serious lack of firepower on offense without a 100% Shady. The only hope is Dareus come back full speed and the defense dominates the next two games. Not likely though. Without a strong running game the defense will be on the field too much. Aaron Williams is key also. We saw what yesterday what happens when he is not playing.