Josh Brown DV case getting ugly (update - Released)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read every word here, but I heard today on the radio (major network host) that Brown had been "molested" when he was 7 years old. Is that true? Was it covered here? If he was sexually abused at a young age, that can cause a lot of long term trauma. As I understand it, he's been in therapy and family counseling for quite a few years. He knows he has a problem, and he's trying to work on it. It's a horrible thing when lives get damaged in such tragic ways.

Don't get me wrong, nothing excuses domestic violence, so don't bother going there with me. But don't be too simple. My only point is life can be much more complicated than we can see on the surface from a distance. I've been exposed to this stuff with those close to me and we've learned to be less judgmental. He's apparently done terrible things, and from what I heard today he's also a victim. (Does anyone have more info on that?) The current mind set is (and should be) to condemn him, but if true I also feel sorry for him.

Edited by Augie

Why treat Ray Rice different? Ooo i can think of a reason, why some are kneeling during the Anthem

The difference was the second video. Rice's punishment was light til the public saw the video of the knockout.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Why treat Ray Rice different? Ooo i can think of a reason, why some are kneeling during the Anthem

This post is ignorant.

@mikefreemanNFL

Players are also checking in with me. More than a few stated outright they believe Josh Brown got a break because Brown is white.

That's because they're !@#$s looking for a reason to feel oppressed.

Rice was protected from on high by the prince of darkness until the elevator tape emerged.

The NFL protects the NFL.

Brown is in the wind now, and will be treated the same as Rice.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

If the NFL were smart (which they aren't) they would call the NFLPA to the table to make some changes. The NFL should concede testing for marijuana, which is foolish and makes them look bad anyways, in turn for more freedom with violent crimes. Maybe they look to be tougher on sexual assault and domestic violence? Maybe they need less evidence or suspend guys indefinitely during the investigation (with back pay if proven innocent).

The NFL has a real problem with getting it wrong the 1st time. This would buy them a chance to keep some egg off their faces. In addition, many, many medical professionals believe that cannabis is a safer pain management tool than the drugs out on the market. The NFL looks stupider every time they suspend someone 4 games for weed while Josh Brown is out 1.

The public is outraged by these violent situations against women. It's time that the NFL gets it right.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

If the NFL were smart (which they aren't) they would call the NFLPA to the table to make some changes. The NFL should concede testing for marijuana, which is foolish and makes them look bad anyways, in turn for more freedom with violent crimes. Maybe they look to be tougher on sexual assault and domestic violence? Maybe they need less evidence or suspend guys indefinitely during the investigation (with back pay if proven innocent).

The NFL has a real problem with getting it wrong the 1st time. This would buy them a chance to keep some egg off their faces. In addition, many, many medical professionals believe that cannabis is a safer pain management tool than the drugs out on the market. The NFL looks stupider every time they suspend someone 4 games for weed while Josh Brown is out 1.

The public is outraged by these violent situations against women. It's time that the NFL gets it right.

As long as marajuana is illegal at the federal level, it isn't a bargaining chip.

The NFL stands to lose anti-trust protection.

Further, this would clearly be construed as a tacit approval of recreational drug use. This would cost the NFL far more endorsement dollars than the occasional player smacking his wife around, which ultimately gets dealt with appropriately anyway.

Perhaps a better play would be to simply put social and legal pressure on the union to capitulate on wife beating.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

As long as marajuana is illegal at the federal level, it isn't a bargaining chip.

Further, this would clearly be construed as a tacit approval of recreational drug use. This would cost the NFL far more endorsement dollars than the occasional player smacking his wife around, which ultimately gets dealt with appropriately anyway.

Perhaps a better play would be to simply put social and legal pressure on the union to capitulate on wife beating.

I doubt it has to play out that way. The NFL doesn't have to apply an extra level of penalty, especially in places where it's not an actual issue. They have a bargaining chip, and I think they are smart enough to use it wisely for things considered to be much more critical.

I think you may be slightly dramatic here. The world hasn't crumbled for the rest that have phased out testing

I doubt it has to play out that way. The NFL doesn't have to apply an extra level of penalty, especially in places where it's not an actual issue. They have a bargaining chip, and I think they are smart enough to use it wisely for things considered to be much more critical.

You really believe this, in light of Congress crucifying MLB over it's loose stance on PEDs only a few years ago?

Congress' interest had nothing to do with cheating in sports, it was the pressure individual Congressmen were getting from parents concerned with the message it was sending to their high school aged children about drug use.

I think you may be slightly dramatic here. The world hasn't crumbled for the rest that have phased out testing

I'm not being dramatic at all.

There is a reason the NFL hasn't sought to move on drug use, including marajuana.

You really believe this, in light of Congress crucifying MLB over it's loose stance on PEDs only a few years ago?

Congress' interest had nothing to do with cheating in sports, it was the pressure individual Congressmen were getting from parents concerned with the message it was sending to their high school aged children about drug use.

Pot is the opposite of PED's and is actually a thriving industry in many places where it is locally legal. Yes, I and many others think the NFL will let this go but only for a price.

Pot is the opposite of PED's and is actually a thriving industry in many places where it is locally legal. Yes, I and many others think the NFL will let this go but only for a price.

Again, Congress had zero interest in cheating when they crucified MLB.

None.

They cared about the optics of a high profile professional sports league tacitly allowing drug use.

That's all.

Now consider the optics of an even more popular league expressly allowing illegal drug use.

It's not anywhere near the table.

They don't test for it in other leagues and it is legal in some states recreationally and MANY medically. It is coming everywhere. It is only a matter of time. The NFL can hide behind science, new information, new laws and defer to the states. The NFL would love to get out of the marijuana conundrum. This is their opportunity to do just that. It's happening sooner or later anyways they should just use it as their bargaining chip while they can.

No union (or players association), even as weak as the NFLPA, is going to subject their members to less money and less protection without getting something in return. If the NFL wants to crack down on the real issues, domestic violence, they are going to have to make a give in return. They aren't losing their anti-trust exemption.

Again, Congress had zero interest in cheating when they crucified MLB.

None.

They cared about the optics of a high profile professional sports league tacitly allowing drug use.

That's all.

Now consider the optics of an even more popular league expressly allowing illegal drug use.

It's not anywhere near the table.

Is it "illegal" when it is used medically in more than half of the country? It remains on the list federally for now but that will inevitably change. The NFL has the perfect cover "new information." Edited by Kirby Jackson