Passing stats, wins and fishsticks...

r00tabaga

well, i think its the same issue just carrying it out from 1 week, to 10 weeks to 30 weeks (choosing random benchmarks)

can we win any given week with that stat line? Surely

can we win more weeks than not short term? Potentially

can we win more weeks than not long term? its a longer shot.

Take the point No Saint that one question bleeds into the other but when it comes to assessing Tyrod as the answer or not I think we kind of have to separate the results from the evidence of his individual play on the tape.

Take the point No Saint that one question bleeds into the other but when it comes to assessing Tyrod as the answer or not I think we kind of have to separate the results from the evidence of his individual play on the tape.

obviously but the op posted a stat line

According to Anthony Lynn's pressure on the 49ers game, the Bills aren't concerned with Tyrods passing yards, he then went on to praise Tyrods QBR, and said that is the stat they look for to measure Tyrod's efficiency. Strait from the OC horses mouth!

These comments are towards the end of the video, reporter sounds just like some of you with the "can you sustain a productive offense with bla bla bla?"

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Anthony_Lynn_Execution_Can_be_Better/ce5cf54a-c98f-4990-b3e6-605f1edb57f2

Edited by Marty McFly

I hope Sammy can come back, he adds so much when he's out there. Harder to grade TT with the corps we got. It's an excuse, but a legit one.

In many ways it makes it easier. A great QB can make pedestrian WRs look good. If TT can make these WRs productive, I'll be much more sold on him than if he had the benefit of Watkins on the field. To this point Tyrod has looked like an average passer in the NFL.

I think two arguments are getting conflated here.

1. Can the Bills carry on winning this way? Great D, great ST, great run game, protect the ball and enough passing game to get by.

The answer to that is sure. Plenty of teams have made the play-offs that way so long as they are consistent in other facets.

Then the second question:

2. Is Tyrod playing this way enough to establish himself as our franchise Quarterback worth committing two years of guaranteed starter money to as of March next year (which is the way his current contract is structured)?

The answer to that remains uncertain for me.

Well said and I agree on all Edited by Manther