Eric Wood had high praise for Rams DT Aaron Donald

dayman

I've googled him since and am almost ashamed that I didn't know who he was, but the truth is I didn't. I don't know, maybe I've heard of him and simply forgot...I don't typically retain what little LA Rams information I receive (through only the most general of NFL media consumption).

Anyway, Eric basically said he's the best player in the NFL. He said he's like JJ Watt, but that JJ Watt blows assignments leaving holes wide open (when he's not blowing assignments getting tackles for losses or sacks), while Donald is every bit, if not more, disruptive but does so within the scheme, always getting back to his spot, and is going to be a superstar in the league for years to come. He said if Bills fans don't know who he is, they should find out.

The host commented that this guy (that I don't know) was the best rated player by PFF for all of last year (as a second year player), and that he is the highest rated player by PFF so far this year through 4 games.

So yea...Aaron Donald...apparently #99 for the Rams is going to be tough on Sunday...

Edited by dayman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10-3: ERIC WOOD ON WGR (18:21)

@WGR550

Eric Wood on WGR

Wood- "I tell you being in that locker room in Foxboro getting the win was a lot of fun. But it is right back to work."

Wood- "We were able to control the game. We possessed the ball a lot in the first half, and a lot of that has to do with the defense."

Wood- "All we heard through media is NE don't even need Tom Brady they are so good. Now keep that same perspective that we beat em."

Wood- "There may be an investigation into the pregame scuffle so I was told not to talk much about it on the show."

Wood- "Any kind of pregame hype like that might last for a series or two, but then you go back to the same player that you always were."

Wood- "I don't know exactly what happened, but I believe they were running through their drills and that's what instigated it."

Wood- "Deep down you're saying we need to get back to 2-2, and it feels good to be there."

Wood- "The Rams have a guy named Aaron Donald, if you don't know his name you will. He's going to be a star in the league."

Wood- "I have to familiarize myself with the Rams more than I do our normal opponents."

The Bills can't let him blow up the game the way they allowed Fletcher Cox to last season at Philadelphia.

I was thinking the same thing. Their front four is very dangerous, Donald (their Kyle Williams) and Quinn (their jerry Hughes) can take over the game if we're not careful, they can change the game or swing momentum in one play. Brockers (1st rounder) and Easley (ex Pat) are good depth players.

I think both offenses will struggle Sunday.

I've googled him since and am almost ashamed that I didn't know who he was, but the truth is I didn't. I don't know, maybe I've heard of him and simply forgot...I don't typically retain what little LA Rams information I receive (through only the most general of NFL media consumption).

Anyway, Eric basically said he's the best player in the NFL. He said he's like JJ Watt, but that JJ Watt blows assignments leaving holes wide open (when he's not blowing assignments getting tackles for losses or sacks), while Donald is every bit, if not more, disruptive but does so within the scheme, always getting back to his spot, and is going to be a superstar in the league for years to come. He said if Bills fans don't know who he is, they should find out.

The host commented that this guy (that I don't know) was the best rated player by PFF for all of last year (as a second year player), and that he is the highest rated player by PFF so far this year through 4 games.

So yea...Aaron Donald...apparently #99 for the Rams is going to be tough on Sunday...

Wow, surprised you didnt know who he was. But yes, he is probably the best DT in all of football and easily one of the 10 best overall players in the league. He's an absolute beast and freak.

I was thinking the same thing. Their front four is very dangerous, Donald (their Kyle Williams) and Quinn (their jerry Hughes) can take over the game if we're not careful, they can change the game or swing momentum in one play. Brockers (1st rounder) and Easley (ex Pat) are good depth players.

I think both offenses will struggle Sunday.

I wanted the Bills to draft Brockers and Donald so bad the years they came out in the draft.

I wanted the Bills to draft Brockers and Donald so bad the years they came out in the draft.

I remember wanting to draft Donald to eventually replace Kyle Williams. You can't never have enough fat guys that can play.

I remember wanting to draft Donald to eventually replace Kyle Williams. You can't never have enough fat guys that can play.

i also thought he reminded me of KW when he was in the draft. A little undersized but technically sound and so quick off the ball. Gonna be a tough day for the OL!