How Good are the Patriots?

I still think the Pats will be a very good team but let's take a look at their 3 wins. They barely beat an Arizona team that the Bills dominated, a hapless Miami team and a Houston Texans team that looked like they forgot how to play football. This is not one of those 'the Pats are on the decline threads', this is just to point out that NE has not really proved anything yet. Brady will shake off the rust against the worst team in the NFL next week and then have Bengals, Steelers, Bills and Seahawks.

I am quite interested to see what this NE team really is capable of and who knows, maybe the division is not a gimme just yet.....

A 12 to 13 win team and division winner by a landslide now that Brady is back.

I think we might want to see how they do against a contender first. They probably are a 12-13 win team but I am still very curious to see what they look like when they go through the gauntlet

Its a QB driven league, they went 3-1 with two nobodies. Brady back and of course BB, yeah 12-13 wins

Don't forget their highly underrated defense! We moved the ball well on them all day long which is really encouraging...but that is a talented group.

I don't think we can assume that Brady alone will guarantee that the pats go 15-1 and prance through the playoffs to title town.

I see an aggressive defense with a solid front 7 that is vulnerable in the secondary. They can be exploited if your offensive line wins in the trenches. Ours did that yesterday without question.

On offense, we really don't know what we're facing until Marsha is back. I will say, however, that I have watched all 4 of their games now and they are horrible at pass protection. Their offensive line is trash. Brady is going to be running for his life if he can't consistently release the ball in 1.7 seconds. Maybe he can....?

Also, what's up with Gronk? He doesn't look like himself. Clearly a significant, and nagging hamstring injury.

The Patriots are 6-3 versus Roethlisberger Steelers teams. The conceded losses in 2004, 2008 and 2011.

but the Steelers / Pats don't necessarily face off every year like the Bills get to. Who knows what would happen if they were divisional rivals.

Seriously? I hate the Pats but they went 3-1 starting their 2nd and 3rd string qb and Gronk barely playing.

The Bills have been playing with 2nd and 3rd string QBs for 15 years and have found ways to win (albeit not much). I really think that if the oline does not improve over there in Boston, that run of defenses they will face could prove to be quite a challenge.

The Bills have been playing with 2nd and 3rd string QBs for 15 years and have found ways to win (albeit not much). I really think that if the oline does not improve over there in Boston, that run of defenses they will face could prove to be quite a challenge.

Great Qbs will make olines better.

Brady just turned 39. Those bones are getting brittle, reflexes starting to slow.

Who knows if this layoff will be the death knell for him.

I'd like to see him struggle until he meets us where we sit him on his butt at least 10 times.

Who knows, maybe he'll have a tantrum like his coach did yesterday.

:beer:

I still think the Pats will be a very good team but let's take a look at their 3 wins. They barely beat an Arizona team that the Bills dominated, a hapless Miami team and a Houston Texans team that looked like they forgot how to play football. This is not one of those 'the Pats are on the decline threads', this is just to point out that NE has not really proved anything yet. Brady will shake off the rust against the worst team in the NFL next week and then have Bengals, Steelers, Bills and Seahawks.

I am quite interested to see what this NE team really is capable of and who knows, maybe the division is not a gimme just yet.....

NE wins the division. The conference will be decided between them, Pit and Den. I also think the AFC is better than the NFC.

We outplayed the Pats and won yesterday. Its one game. Lets not get to "illusional" on what will / will not happen the rest of the year. The Bills still have a ton to prove. Case in point, trip next week to LA. We go out and crap the bed, then yesterday's win is a distant memory.

Edited by BillsinChesterSprings

NE wins the division. The conference will be decided between them, Pit and Den. I also think the AFC is better than the NFC.

We outplayed the Pats and won yesterday. Its one game. Lets not get to "illusional" on what will / will not happen the rest of the year. The Bills still have a ton to prove. Case in point, trip next week to LA. We go out and crap the bed, then yesterday's win is a distant memory.

TBDism...........maybe?

As glad as I am that we won and overall I think we looked good yesterday I have to say I didn't think NE looked very good. I was kind of scratching my head today wondering how on earth this team went 3-0 because IMO they just didn't look good enough yesterday without Brady. Maybe we really are getting better and we just made them look bad but unfortunately I think with Brady coming back they will end up with 12-13 wins (I might even be tempted to say 14 wins but they have some pretty brutal games against Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Denver, and Seattle).