A few thoughts about the Pats Game (Tribute to BillsFromNyC)

Virgil

I listened to the first 3 quarters on the new england Sirius feed, they were thoroughly disgusted by both the patriots play and the officials, that said, they gave Buffalo every bit of respect at how they simply beat the patriots down from the first play to the last.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Pivotal plays of the game:

Holding penalty by Hogan in the first play of the game

Brother Zachary forced fumble when they were driving

Gotkowski missing a FG.

2) At last some rythm to the offense, wide receivers open to quick slants, designed roll-outs to give the defense something else to think about. TT working the offense from every formation (under center) and not the shotgun exclusively. Kudos to Anthony Lynn for making this happen. I like that we pass to set up the run game.

3) Worried with Carpenter and Schmidt. Alexander was a demon on ST today coverage wise, on one play he made the tackle on the KR while dragging two blockers with him.

4) Glenn did not missed a bit, though he had a holding penalty late in the game. Welcome back. Curious that Groy was the extra OL in some formations and not Cujo. Miller continues with his steady play.

5) Nice to see TT and Woods hooking up, chemistry between these two is essential for the offense. Good production by the TEs today, Clay was a factor and O'leary stepped up when called upon.

Gotkowski missing a FG.

2) At last some rythm to the offense, wide receivers open to quick slants, designed roll-outs to give the defense something else to think about. TT working the offense from every formation (under center) and not the shotgun exclusively. Kudos to Anthony Lynn for making this happen. I like that we pass to set up the run game.

3) Worried with Carpenter and Schmidt. Alexander was a demon on ST today coverage wise, on one play he made the tackle on the KR while dragging two blockers with him.

4) Glenn did not missed a bit, though he had a holding penalty late in the game. Welcome back. Curious that Groy was the extra OL in some formations and not Cujo. Miller continues with his steady play.

5) Nice to see TT and Woods hooking up, chemistry between these two is essential for the offense. Good production by the TEs today, Clay was a factor and O'leary stepped up when called upon.

Kujo didn't practice all week and was inactive due to an ankle Injury

Gotkowski missing a FG.

Actually Hogan committed 2 penalties on the opening play...Offensive PI as he started blocking before the ball was thrown then he almost tackled Darby

Gotkowski missing a FG.

Cujo was inactive, it would have been difficult for him to be out there

Cujo was inactive, it would have been difficult for him to be out there

missed that one, thanks.

Don't know if anyone noticed, but a couple of TT passes were tipped when he threw the slants across the middle. He seemed to stop trying to hit those passes in the second half. Wonder if the tips had anything to do with it?

Pats LBs were ready to jump those routes, they made adjustments.

missed that one, thanks.

Pats LBs were ready to jump those routes, they made adjustments.

Hightower almost picked one...he acted like he was rushing then dropped right into the lane of a slant and just missed being far enough over to get the ball...knocked it down

Wow. Good game. Brown and Co.were bad ass today. The O-line was mauling. Kinda looked like the Bills were the Bullies today!

Zach Brown has been sensational so far. And to think he was inked by a guy many people on this board want fired. This just in! There is more to a GM's job than draft picks. Lets not forget L. Alexander, and J.Hughes . T. Taylor hasn't been to bad either. Did I mention L. Mc Coy.

It was the first shutout in Foxboro since 1993... So that had to be Sullivan Stadium making today's game the first time the stinking Cheatriots didn't score @ Gillete.

Is this correct?

Nice work Men! Even w/Tommy Cheater out... They should have at least put up a Field Goal (which they missed).

Again, great work skunking them. This one's for you Stephen A. Blowhard!!!

:-)

I'll add that Zach Brown was a man possessed today...he has been REALLY impressive

Yeah. A lot of folks were worried about him moving into the the starter role when Reggie got hurt.

I guess they shouldn't have worried. I doubt Ragland, as a rookie, would have played as well.

Don't know if anyone noticed, but a couple of TT passes were tipped when he threw the slants across the middle. He seemed to stop trying to hit those passes in the second half. Wonder if the tips had anything to do with it?

I think we all noticed because they showed replays of two consecutive tips. Both were completed as I recall.

I really liked the play-calling most of the first half. Not so much the second half, though I think Rex knew they had the Pats offense bottled up and wanted to stay conservative.

No mention of zach brown or Robert woods? One was the best player on the field, the other stepped up and just made plays

They were stellar. I think Woods finally played to his potential and Zach did great. Tough to single out just a few people when trying to touch on everything.

Overall, I do believe that Ragland and Shaq will not be as needed and to see the offense spread the ball out due to less Sammy could be a blessing in disguise.

Both of the tipped passes were caught for decent gains.

Thanks for carrying on the "thoughts".

3. Agree with you 100% on Shady. Makes moves that only a few in the whole of the NFL can.

4. Offensive execution and function with Lynn are so much better than with Roman. Almost hard to believe the difference is this big.

8. Blount and Bennett are bruisers. Zach Brown wore out L Blount today. M Bennett left game with shoulder injury due to contact. I wouldn't want to try to tackle these guys either, but the Bills D kept flying and hitting all day.

And one of my own:

When the season began, I had no idea what to think about the LB corps. Zach and Preston Brown have far exceeded my expectations.

4. The team is usually breaking huddle with 20 seconds on the playclock. TT was given a play before he left the sideline to start a drive. Rex really wanted that last play in the first half. All signs of a confident offense that is in a flow.

Another point to add...Woods - solid, not flashy, but Hines Ward solid. That's what we need from him regularly.

He most def did! Gonna be a good season for him Goodwin and Powell.

Pats shutout 1st time at home in over 10 years? Man the fans in the stadium must have been soooooo pissed!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think it might be the first shutout at home since '93. The other shutout was away at Miami - I think it was the wildcat game.