This is whom I wished the Bills drafted round 2

Pete

if wishes and buts were candy and nuts

I banged the drum for Su'a and hated the Ragland pick. Now Brown and Brown are playing great. Where to play Ragland? Su'a fits Rex's D perfect. I just hate the Ragland pick- and am shocked we traded up for him. Michael Thomas or Su'a would of been a much better selection IMO

Why? Because he's made a few plays? He has 7 total tackles on the season in 3 games and a few assists to go with the 1 INT. Not exactly lighting the NFL on fire. I keep seeing people say we should have picked so and so over Ragland because Ragland is hurt...as if someone could tell the future on draft night and know that Ragland would have gotten unlucky and lost for the season.

And how does Bucky Brooks agree with you? No where does it say the Bills should have drafted him over Ragland, so not sure how you can say he agrees with you in your assessment we should have drafted this kid.

Why? Because he's made a few plays? He has 7 total tackles on the season in 3 games and a few assists to go with the 1 INT. Not exactly lighting the NFL on fire. I keep seeing people say we should have picked so and so over Ragland because Ragland is hurt...as if someone could tell the future on draft night and know that Ragland would have gotten unlucky and lost for the season.

And how does Bucky Brooks agree with you? No where does it say the Bills should have drafted him over Ragland, so not sure how you can say he agrees with you in your assessment we should have drafted this kid.

“Cravens' potential impact as a hybrid defender (linebacker/safety) made him a top priority for the Redskins on draft day,” Brooks said. “The ex-USC standout immediately flashed his disruptive potential with a superb effort in his preseason debut against the Falcons on Thursday. The second-round pick notched three tackles (two for loss) and a pass breakup while wreaking havoc on Atlanta's offense as a sideline-to-sideline menace.”

“Cravens' potential impact as a hybrid defender (linebacker/safety) made him a top priority for the Redskins on draft day,” Brooks said. “The ex-USC standout immediately flashed his disruptive potential with a superb effort in his preseason debut against the Falcons on Thursday. The second-round pick notched three tackles (two for loss) and a pass breakup while wreaking havoc on Atlanta's offense as a sideline-to-sideline menace.”

I'm curious to see how long the hybrid LB/S fad lasts in the league. They are great to defend the pass but can be huge liabilities in the run game (Arizona has been very successful with their guys in that role but we ran all over them).

I'm curious to see how long the hybrid LB/S fad lasts in the league. They are great to defend the pass but can be huge liabilities in the run game (Arizona has been very successful with their guys in that role but we ran all over them).

I believe it is here to stay. There is no need for big safetys such as Steve Atwater anymore. The S and hybrid S/LB needs to be able to run with Gronk, seal gaps, pass rush, and make athletic plays. The way we dominated Arizona surprised me. I think we are a much better running team then people realize

Man, I think Ragland wuda had a hell of a season to be honest with you. Brown n Brown have been great tho. No complaints, Ragland was an all-american hes an investment that is more than likely gonna pay good dividends. If we dont take a Safety in this years draft tho, ill be pissed. :pirate:

I was agaisnt the Ragland pick too but Ragland woudl not have affected the Brown's play. Zach would still be on the field most of the time. The only player Ragland's injust affected is Spikes. He has a job and will get run down snaps most games.

If Brady was playing this week, Spikes probably doesn't even dress for the game. Wihtout Brady and with two beat up QBs Spikes might be on the field a ton this Sunday.

I was agaisnt the Ragland pick too but Ragland woudl not have affected the Brown's play. Zach would still be on the field most of the time. The only player Ragland's injust affected is Spikes. He has a job and will get run down snaps most games.

If Brady was playing this week, Spikes probably doesn't even dress for the game. Wihtout Brady and with two beat up QBs Spikes might be on the field a ton this Sunday.

We are talking about rex here, and the fact that Spikes will be facing his former team, Brady or No Brady, Hurt QBs or Healthy ones, Rex will have Spikes on the field so he can face his former team...........

We are talking about rex here, and the fact that Spikes will be facing his former team, Brady or No Brady, Hurt QBs or Healthy ones, Rex will have Spikes on the field so he can face his former team...........

Hmm spikes snap count will be dictated by how well they are able to stop the leagues leading rusher......not by what uniform Spikes wore. He will be a key part of the defense by default if Jimmy G. and or Brisket are unable to perform.

Again, not one word of that says he agrees with you that we should have drafted him over Ragland. Not a single word.

And since when is making 3 tackles equal to "Wreaking Havoc" on a team.

Again he has 7 total tackles in 3 games...if he was playing for the Bills right now with the same stat line this board would be talking about him already as a bust. But because he's on the Skins he is now somehow the guy we should have taken even though the guy we did take was having a great camp and looking like a great pick before he had some bad luck and got hurt.

And we could of kept our selection. No need to trade up. All he does is make plays-

Bucky Brooks agrees-

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/blog/article-1/NFLcom-Gives-Sua-Cravens-High-Grade-For-Effort-Against-Falcons/356db8bc-d53e-4b92-917d-19c867ea5315

You lost me at could of.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Ahhhhh the if game

He does look good

but

We had no way of knowing Zach Brown was gonna look this good

and

I think Rex wants to adopt Reggie Ragland

I was optimistic about Zach Brown.

Zach Brown was a better prospect than Preston Brown and Reggie Ragland coming into the league so it was a good risk.

That said.......ILB was deep all thru free agency.....it's a passing league so when Brown and Brown have a great game it doesn't mean the D won't give up 400 yards passing.

I thought signing Zach Brown would take Ragnuts off the reach list at least......but alas, it did not.