Fred Smerlas

YoloinOhio

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that I have to do this at least once a year, but here we go:

I know Fred Smerlas.

Fred bleeds Buffalo Bills. He loves them. He cherishes his memories of his time in Buffalo.

Fred also knows where his bread is buttered.

Fred is a paid media personality who does his job very well in the market he works in. Fred would not be good at what he does if he savaged the Patriots in favor of the Bills, and did not pander to what the New England fan base desires in their media personalities.

I know Fred Smerlas.

Fred bleeds Buffalo Bills. He loves them. He cherishes his memories of his time in Buffalo.

Fred is a paid media personality who does his job very well in the market he works in. Fred would not be good at what he does if he savaged the Patriots in favor of the Bills, and did not pander to what the New England fan base desires in their media personalities.

savage the Pats in favor of the Bills? Doubt anyone would expect that. We know he is in the media in NE. I was commenting that he made my ears bleed - including if I was a Pats fan. Way over the top in his comments and zero balance in his assessment of the team except for ball washing Edited by YoloinOhio

I lived in Boston for a few years in the late 1990s and early 2000s, when he became a regular on WEEI...at the time (before the Pats were good) he was a Pats fan, but the other guys kinda made fun of him for his ties to the Bills and how he showed he was still a fan of the Bills. As the years went buy and I listened to WEEI daily for a few years after...his love for the Pats grew and his being a fan of the Bills faded....it was gradual, but you could tell it happened.

I know Fred Smerlas.

All of Fred's Buffalo Bills has been drained. He has a transfusion from New England.

savage the Pats in favor of the Bills? Doubt anyone would expect that. We know he is in the media in NE. I was commenting that he made my ears bleed - including if I was a Pats fan. Way over the top in his comments and zero balance in his assessment of the team except for ball washing

Meh, I'd love it if someone went over the top in praise of the Bills. Sadly, something of the kind has been missing for the better part of the past two decades.

Oddly enough, the closest I get is the Belichick conference call each year. If I land from Mars and tuned into WGR, I'd bet the mortgage on the Bills based on his praise of Chris Kelsay.

I know Fred Smerlas.

First

It is very cool that you know him....bet he has a LOT of great stories to tell

Second....does his job require him to be totally biased? I dont hear guys like Steve Tasker doing this?

First

It is very cool that you know him....bet he has a LOT of great stories to tell

Second....does his job require him to be totally biased? I dont hear guys like Steve Tasker doing this?

It's what the New England fan base, his audience, craves. All of the team associated personalities are completely over the top.

savage the Pats in favor of the Bills? Doubt anyone would expect that. We know he is in the media in NE. I was commenting that he made my ears bleed - including if I was a Pats fan. Way over the top in his comments and zero balance in his assessment of the team except for ball washing

That's what the New England media market wants.