Rex Crashes Edelman's Conference Call

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to relax.

Rex isn't about being a really good NFL HC, he's about being who he is, just like he said.

Leave him alone and let him have his fun. Sheesh.

But He IS about being the Best. it is a pinch silly to think otherwise in my percept. He was born and bred to win.

May i suggest he still is learning to be a Head Coach ?

If you look at last season and think wtf? you are right. If he looks at last season and said wtf, he is also correct.

What has he done during the off season to correct the issues?

I think he has moved the chains. Not enough yet. But he has made adjustments that suggest he has stood back for a moment or two, and he Is looking at the big picture.

still too soon to call for me.

But I do wish him well with Our Team still.

Good thing we are 3-0 and 1-0 in the division so whatever our coach does to needle the opposition is OK!

Ohh, wait..... we're 1 and freaking 2 and 0-1 in the division.

Gee i hope we dont anger the devils minions again.

we really should be extra nice and maybe he gives us some scraps?

I say punch him right in the babymaker.

Rex is Jerry Glanville.

That not funny. But I like your avatar

Love the responses here, love are no how everyone jumps on those that prefer their coach to act professional until they can back it up on the field. Personally I thought it was funny, but when your teams losing and playing below expectations, and you are most likely on the hot seat, it might be a better idea to act like a pro and save the humor for later. Rex is already viewed as a clown/joke around the league. Some people prefer the head coach of their team be known for being good at coaching, not for being a clown.

Now if you really want to see overreacting, go check out the comments on other sports sites and read the comments from Pats fans who think Rex should be fined and/or suspended for cheating by pretending to be a reporter to trick Edelman to give away game planning secrets. Like if a regular reporter asked him this it's fine cause it won't spread past Edelman and the reporter.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17660885/rex-ryan-asks-julian-edelman-playing-qb-conference-call

It would be cute if he were winning. Now it's just kind of sad (although still pretty funny).

I thought it was funny. Rex has said some dumb stuff over the yrs, but no bulletin board material here, Im sure the Pats thought it was funny too.

Is it your opinion that NE was not planning to try their hardest against us, but now they are because the coach jumped into a conference call and goofed around for 30 seconds?

i was simply answering how something like this can affect what happens on Sunday. I could say the same about that Super Bowl: oh the lineman weren't going to try hard in the SB until they saw that tape. But, clearly they were motivated by it and said so themselves.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

i was simply answering how something like this can affect what happens on Sunday.

No offense--that's hooey IMO.

If a team needs something like this to get up for the game, then they're going to lose, because their attitude toward preparation sucks.

I can promise you that Belichick will have NE ready to play regardless of what Rex says or doesn't say.

I can also promise you that the Washington OL's "extra motivation" had little to do with their victory in Super Bowl XVI. The offense's 5 turnovers and total inability to run the ball coupled with Washington's pass rush and back-7 beating the tar out of our receiving corps was the difference in the game.

I haven't bitched but I do find it curious that Rex leads the league in antics like this. Combined with his reputation for lacking focus, it's not hard to see a relationship. Just my 2 cents.

I don't mind that some folks try to connect the two, but IMO they aren't related.

This is just weird on Rex's part, it really just shows how much attention this guy needs all the time.

I guess in this day in age, if the media claims something is funny then it must be...? I guess Rex wanted to set a record for the oldest human to ever make a prank call.

I'm really not arguing this Rex thing (he's going to get destroyed on Sunday). I am more interested in the concept of chirping at your opponent during the week that leads to Sunday losses.

"If a team needs something like this to get up for the game, then they're going to lose, because their attitude toward preparation sucks."

If that's true, why do we even have the term 'bulletin board material'? Is this just reserved for the HS and college level?

Here's one from the inviolable, infallible Pats*: On the screens inside the Patriots training facility, New England displayed multiple quotes from Miami players after they beat the Patriots in the regular-season opener, about how the Patriots players quit, about how they took it to them, and each Patriot was able to repeatedly walk past and read the multitude of quotes the Miami players said about them after the opener. Someone wanted New England to remember.

Why put it up there if they think their players don't need added motivation and they're prepared for the game?

I'm really not arguing this Rex thing (he's going to get destroyed on Sunday). I am more interested in the concept of chirping at your opponent during the week that leads to Sunday losses.

"If a team needs something like this to get up for the game, then they're going to lose, because their attitude toward preparation sucks."

If that's true, why do we even have the term 'bulletin board material'? Is this just reserved for the HS and college level?

Here's one from the inviolable, infallible Pats*: On the screens inside the Patriots training facility, New England displayed multiple quotes from Miami players after they beat the Patriots in the regular-season opener, about how the Patriots players quit, about how they took it to them, and each Patriot was able to repeatedly walk past and read the multitude of quotes the Miami players said about them after the opener. Someone wanted New England to remember.

Why put it up there if they think their players don't need added motivation and they're prepared for the game?

While on the call Rex (Walt) asked Edelman is he was playing QB on Sunday. How does what he did relate to this?

The message is clear in that reference: you didn't play hard and you didn't finish; don't let that happen again.

For my part, yes, I think bulletin board material is silliness--good teams are preparing like it's their job all week long; that Rex asks a question under the guise of Walt Patulski doesn't change that IMO.