My 10 cents on week 3

BmarvB

1) Without a doubt the best and most complete game of the Rex Ryan era with the Bills against a championship quality opponent

2) Strong running performance is the team's identity, Shady was much better, and Welcome back Jerome Felton. Great lead blocks.

3) More is still needed from the passing game to keep defenses honest (anybody seen Charles Clay lately?).

4) Every time Aaron Williams goes down, it scares me. Glad he came through. Solid play from him and Corey Graham.

5) Corners (minus Darby) bounced back very well from last week's pitiful performance. 4 picks!!!!!
6) Welcome to the OC role Anthony Lynn. Very good first impression, now build on it.

7) INT by Peterson as nice as it was actually did us a favor in that situation. Worked out better than a punt.

8) Kyle Williams still brings it! Hughes is a terror.
9) I still can't stand that 3 man rush

10) This is from last week's 10 cents...

BmarvB Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:44 PM
I don't see the Bills going 0-4. They're going to upset 1 of the next 2, but which one? (Yeah I said it, and no I'm not high).

Freddie's Dead, on 16 Sept 2016 - 3:53 PM, said:snapback.png

You are most certainly high and in denial :nana:

BmarvB, on 16 Sept 2016 - 3:44 PM, said:

I'll remember you when they pull off the upset special :lol:

So what's up now Freddie? :lol:

Can we do it again in foxboro and take down the Evil Empire? Why not? GO BILLS!!!!

1. Kudos to A Lynn, thought he mixed it up well and plays weren't as predictable as the first two games. LOVED the quick run hits, we seemed to hit the hole hard opposed to the long developing runs that were getting stuffed behind line of scrimmage. Also really liked how we actually tried adding to our lead before half time with a little over a minute left. We didn't score, but they were aggressive and thought that said a lot about Lynn.

2. Haven't seen this discussed much, but COLTON SCHMIDT may have had the worst day I've ever seen from a punter. Pretty sure he had at least 3 punts under 30 yards and in a closer game that would of cost us. He's been good up until this point, but he was so bad today I've lost some confidence in him.

3. Great overall D performance. Kyle and A Willaims had their best games, gotta think their lack of playing time in camp/pre-season affected them but hopefully they're now hitting their stride.

4. Would love to hear an explanation why we called time out when AZ was a about to get a delay of game. That was brutal.

5. I'm not just saying this because we won, but thought overall refs did a nice job. They let them play and didn't call as much of the ticky tack b.s.

We're on to New England!

1) Without a doubt the best and most complete game of the Rex Ryan era with the Bills against a championship quality opponent

2) Strong running performance is the team's identity, Shady was much better, and Welcome back Jerome Felton. Great lead blocks.

3) More is still needed from the passing game to keep defenses honest (anybody seen Charles Clay lately?).

4) Every time Aaron Williams goes down, it scares me. Glad he came through. Solid play from him and Corey Graham.

5) Corners (minus Darby) bounced back very well from last week's pitiful performance. 4 picks!!!!!

6) Welcome to the OC role Anthony Lynn. Very good first impression, now build on it.

7) INT by Peterson as nice as it was actually did us a favor in that situation. Worked out better than a punt.

I don't see the Bills going 0-4. They're going to upset 1 of the next 2, but which one? (Yeah I said it, and no I'm not high).

Can we do it again in foxboro and take down the Evil Empire? Why not? GO BILLS!!!!

I'll take my crow well done, Mushmouth. It would be just like the Bills to pull off the upset this week and find yet another humiliating way to lose at the DeathStar, just so they could rip my heart out and show it to me beating. But I won't go agin' ya. You and me brah.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Is Arizona a championship contender? Don't mean to knock the based on losing to us -- but lost to the pats without gronk and Brady. Is this like the opener against the bears that appeared quality in September but not come December? Real question there.

They are a championship caliber talent team. Early on it looks like that loss to Carolina last year is still hanging around. Like The Cards are going through the motions to some degree, just wanting to get into the playoffs and then turn it on.

To your point time will tell for sure.

Is Arizona a championship contender? Don't mean to knock the based on losing to us -- but lost to the pats without gronk and Brady. Is this like the opener against the bears that appeared quality in September but not come December? Real question there.

Just enjoy it.

You got me, I really believed they would 0 - 4; still think the Pats are going to cream them.

1. Kudos to A Lynn, thought he mixed it up well and plays weren't as predictable as the first two games. LOVED the quick run hits, we seemed to hit the hole hard opposed to the long developing runs that were getting stuffed behind line of scrimmage. Also really liked how we actually tried adding to our lead before half time with a little over a minute left. We didn't score, but they were aggressive and thought that said a lot about Lynn.

2. Haven't seen this discussed much, but COLTON SCHMIDT may have had the worst day I've ever seen from a punter. Pretty sure he had at least 3 punts under 30 yards and in a closer game that would of cost us. He's been good up until this point, but he was so bad today I've lost some confidence in him.

3. Great overall D performance. Kyle and A Willaims had their best games, gotta think their lack of playing time in camp/pre-season affected them but hopefully they're now hitting their stride.

4. Would love to hear an explanation why we called time out when AZ was a about to get a delay of game. That was brutal.

5. I'm not just saying this because we won, but thought overall refs did a nice job. They let them play and didn't call as much of the ticky tack b.s.

We're on to New England!

Yeah, what was that all about? Were things just going too well for the Bills at that point and Rex decided to toss in some confusion?

I think Palmer may have hit the performance wall and that may set them back toward the bottom of the playoff contenders.

The only team the Cards beat so far was the 49ers who were getting destroyed by the Seahawks most of yesterday by 37-3 and the hawks allowed points in garbage time late in the game.

The Cardinals kept attempting to emulate the Jets by going for the deep ball and it kept biting them in the azz. They looked nothing like the team that won the NFC West last year, save the late season games against the Seahawks and Panthers when Carson Palmer threw a combined 7 picks in those two games. Arians had his head up his posterior most of that Bills game by constantly going deep instead of just trying to move the chains.

The Bills got the lead and Ryan started calling a one-gap rush and it worked. The thing is i kinda doubt TT is going to win many other games by throwing 14 of 25 for 119 yards and one INT. He did have 9 rushes for 76 yards and a TD with his wheels.

It just goes to show what Ryan's defense can do when the run game works and the team gets the lead in a game.

I'll take my crow well done, Mushmouth. It would be just like the Bills to pull off the upset this week and find yet another humiliating way to lose at the DeathStar, just so they could rip my heart out and show it to me beating. But I won't go agin' ya. You and me brah.

Well they got the one upset. If they pull it off again this Sunday, maybe we can actually take them seriously again. But geez their schedule is brutal.

The only team the Cards beat so far was the 49ers who were getting destroyed by the Seahawks most of yesterday by 37-3 and the hawks allowed points in garbage time late in the game.

The Cardinals kept attempting to emulate the Jets by going for the deep ball and it kept biting them in the azz. They looked nothing like the team that won the NFC West last year, save the late season games against the Seahawks and Panthers when Carson Palmer threw a combined 7 picks in those two games. Arians had his head up his posterior most of that Bills game by constantly going deep instead of just trying to move the chains.

The Bills got the lead and Ryan started calling a one-gap rush and it worked. The thing is i kinda doubt TT is going to win many other games by throwing 14 of 25 for 119 yards and one INT. He did have 9 rushes for 76 yards and a TD with his wheels.

It just goes to show what Ryan's defense can do when the run game works and the team gets the lead in a game.

They beat the Bucs, not the 49ers.

Nah. That Pats Defense iS !@#$ING FIERCE!!! Extremely underrated. They might be 2nd to only Denver and their missing 2 starting LBs

I agree, Cardinals never adjusted and kept trying to go deep. Bills were pretty stout against the run though, so maybe they didn't see any alternative. Also, it's one game and I'm still not a believer. Let's see how they do next week at Foxborough. That will tell us who they really are.