Will Rex be Fired W/ Loss to NE led by Jacoby Brissett?

jethro_tull

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing, isn't it. It's like teams take stupid pills right before they play New England. I mean corners back off and give them the easiest underneath throws. Meanwhile the Bills are smothered at the line of scrimmage. I look at that and wonder why is that? Why do teams bow down and give games away to the Pats?

.... because that's what the Pats superiority/opponent inferiority complex allows them to do. For most teams, save the Giants/Donks/Ravens, they are 3/4's defeated before they even take to the field.

I truly believe if the Bills lose @ New England next week and third stringer Jacoby Brissett is still their starter, Rex will be fired on the spot. Possibly if Garoppolo starts as well.

They will fire Rex, promote Rob to Head Coach, and Rob will hire Rex as the DC.

I truly believe if the Bills lose @ New England next week and third stringer Jacoby Brissett is still their starter, Rex will be fired on the spot. Possibly if Garoppolo starts as well.

I sure as heck hope so. Why not get ahead of the curve and fire him now?

IMO they should only consider his performance as the Bills' HC. Once they determine he's failing or isn't the right guy for the job, out he goes.

In a perfect world, maybe. But everyone gets evaluated on their entire body of work. However I strongly suspect his contract factors in to any decision as well. Firing him so soon, mid season, with that [insane] contract with all the money guaranteed would make the Pegulas as well as the entire Bills FO look really !@#$ing inept.

Edited by CodeMonkey

IMO they should only consider his performance as the Bills' HC. Once they determine he's failing or isn't the right guy for the job, out he goes.

i like to think that if, for instance, they spoke to him about certain things from his past and he has not addressed them -- those things get you a shorter leash. if you have a losing record for a few years and come to a new place and those same issues follow, i dont give near as long to sort them out as i would new troubles that may pop up and need addressing.

I think we have this horrible "sky is falling/we suck" culture engrained in us because we have been in this rut for so long... How many 0-2 teams out there have a fan base that is out there calling for everyone to be fired and traded... How many are giving up on the season?? I wonder how many people here still cheer for the Bills and enjoy the game... I know it's a gut shot, but damn...

of course we do, it is our culture and our reality. the bills fan base is very impatient.

personally i hope we beat the cardnials and the patriots and turn the season around, which i believe could happen.

if the roman firing has some substance other than an act to define a scapegoat it will not signal the beginning of the end of the Rex era.

it will all boil down to how the players respond.

Amazing, isn't it. It's like teams take stupid pills right before they play New England. I mean corners back off and give them the easiest underneath throws. Meanwhile the Bills are smothered at the line of scrimmage. I look at that and wonder why is that? Why do teams bow down and give games away to the Pats?

the good teams aren't intimidated. the texans coughed up two kick-off fumbles and gave the patriots the ball point blank in the red zone, they failed to stuff the box against an obviously run based offense (the running lanes the patriots ground game had extended in all directions) and osweillor attempted to lead the offense and inspire them but he failed. the texans receivers were dragging all night.

everyone is hailing the patriots as the gods of football and they may be correct, but not because of last night's game.

they looked very beatable despite the score and i believe the bills will win if they don't self destruct in the mean time.

That looked like many Bills - Pats games in recent years.

I liked the effort in the second matchup last season. the bills defense was spell binding.

How many times are we gonna lather, rinse repeat on coaches? I know the bills are 0-2 now, but they aren't the only ones. Rex is flawed, but you might want plan b ready to go if you're gonna pull the trigger. We're all frustrated and our patience has been stretched beyond belief, but week three is too early for the guillotine. All you would get now is a bills assistant who won't have time to change anything meaningful. As much as we want to blame Rex for everything, it's not that simple. The team changes offensive and defensive philosophy too often. The gm can't adjust the roster fast enough to compensate. Also we see discipline problems and penalties that result from them. Also, we all know how a good qb can turn all this around in a heartbeat. Keep Rex at least to week 12. Play Tyrod unless he's injured. A lot can happen in 14 games,to the Bills and everyone else. Play for today, plan for tomorrow.

I remember watching when Trent was QB and thinking we looked like JV playing Varsity. And now when I watch other teams I feel the same way. It got better with Fitz and Orton, but once REX took over, we don't seem ready, plays are late on offense, we take dumb penalties, play 10 yards of on 3rd and 3 and just lack emotion. We are JV again. Its mind numbing. He makes me miss Jauron its so bad. Watching the Patriots last night was just torture.

The biggest thing is feeling like a failed parent because my kids don't even watch football. To them the Bills are losers and considering they are 16 and 14, it's hard to argue with them. I've taken them to a game each season and we've never won one that they've seen live. It's killing me.